Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    don't understand why everyone is moaning about the lack of transfers, there's a world cup taking place for goodness sake. The only big money transfer in this country prior to the last world cup was chicharito and he was hardly a big name at the time.
    because everyone is signing players and we aren't

chelsea have costa

liverpool have world cup superstar rickie lambert and global phenomenon emre can

....erm that's it but... Yeah

we have nobody there's only 86 days left and we've signed nobody

EDIT - that was supposed to be all caps for dramatic effect but TSR lowered them all

ReputationRep:
    Relax, get a little Kendrick in your system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    wenger knows best
    Desperate trolling is desperate

(Original post by sr90)
    Don't understand why everyone is moaning about the lack of transfers, there's a World Cup taking place for goodness sake. The only big money transfer in this country prior to the last World Cup was Chicharito and he was hardly a big name at the time.
    Everyone? It's mainly just peggles and shoo give or take a few randoms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

You know what it is bro. It's despiration, characterised by our history in tranfer windows. That and the availability of cesc is putting me on the edge.

It's our unpredictability in the transfer marker too - other clubs are getting their major targets sorted before hand, we all know they are.

I just don't want another season of what ifs, I want our new signings to bond in ASAP. The window for Wenger opens during the last week of August, he said so himself. It's when prices drop significantly, and we don't need to wait anymore. We got the funds.

Don't tell me your relaxed about this window? Non of our fans can be relaxed! Not with our history. As much as I love Wenger, I do wish he'd mould his transfer policy to the present..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    because everyone is signing players and we aren't

chelsea have costa

liverpool have world cup superstar rickie lambert and global phenomenon emre can

....erm that's it but... Yeah

we have nobody there's only 86 days left and we've signed nobody

EDIT - that was supposed to be all caps for dramatic effect but TSR lowered them all
    Lol tsr does that for some reason, really changes the dynamics of the comments we post :/

I think we need to have a variety of caps and lowercase for them to actually show for some absurd reason lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    You know what- if anyone else wants cesc to come back sign this. I don't give a damn if you think it's stupid, it may help.

**** you haters in advance

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...twitter_mobile
    This is just Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

i say wenger out im a troll i say wenger in i'm a troll make your mind up

fabregas would walk in to our team and be our best player but theres a chance wilshere might do that in 5 years so lets just wait 5 years and see where wilsheres developments at before we think about signing fabregas

ReputationRep:
    i say wenger out im a troll i say wenger in i'm a troll make your mind up

fabregas would walk in to our team and be our best player but theres a chance wilshere might do that in 5 years so lets just wait 5 years and see where wilsheres developments at before we think about signing fabregas
    It just contradicts the fact that the whole year you've been knocking off Wenger whilst everyone's been praising him, and now you say Wenger knows best when people are mad?

I'm really not so fussed about Fabregas as most others are tbh. It does make things harder for us next year but we can still strengthen.

I'm really not sure if you're actually serious about Wilshere though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    This is just Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.
    What is, the petition or the passion?

Doesn't matter to be honest, it's just a click that I hope helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    You know what it is bro. It's despiration, characterised by our history in tranfer windows. That and the availability of cesc is putting me on the edge.

It's our unpredictability in the transfer marker too - other clubs are getting their major targets sorted before hand, we all know they are.

I just don't want another season of what ifs, I want our new signings to bond in ASAP. The window for Wenger opens during the last week of August, he said so himself. It's when prices drop significantly, and we don't need to wait anymore. We got the funds.

Don't tell me your relaxed about this window? Non of our fans can be relaxed! Not with our history. As much as I love Wenger, I do wish he'd mould his transfer policy to the present..

To be fair I am relaxed. Even if you call the last window last minute, Wenger bought since he knew we had to. I agree it wasn't the perfect window but I have the feeling this one will be better.

People wanted Cesc mostly because of emotional/nostalgic reasons. Buying him was not rational. If you're going to panic about not buying anyone do it until after the world cup where the window really starts. Let Liverpool buy whoever they want. I admit Costa is a huge huge transfer for Chelsea but do you realise for how long it's been known/planned?

You could say our history is some what irrelevant. Tbh I think this (and last) year were the only years since we've been in the green with finances which is probably why the club has announced they won't hold back on spending. Sure we have 100m+ or whatever but you realise we don't have an infinite budget like Chelsea's or City's? If we spend 100m and even 50m of that goes to waste, it's down the water and we can't afford to recover like how Chelsea or city would.

Again. Completely ignore the papers for now. Whatever deals do end up taking place no one will probably of even heard, pretty much like the Ozil deal which was actually announced to be planned months before the last day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    What is, the petition or the passion?

Doesn't matter to be honest, it's just a click that I hope helps.
    Both man, Arsenal fans are just embarrassing our fan base is a ****ing joke. Just fickle and delude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It just contradicts the fact that the whole year you've been knocking off Wenger whilst everyone's been praising him, and now you say Wenger knows best when people are mad?

I'm really not so fussed about Fabregas as most others are tbh. It does make things harder for us next year but we can still strengthen.

I'm really not sure if you're actually serious about Wilshere though..
    everyones been praising wenger the whole year? uve got to be ****ing kidding me maybe after the FA cup but did u not witness the maulings we've received off the elite teams of the league this season? The not buying anyone in january?

chelsea beat us 6 ****ing 0 at stamford bridge a team that was struggling to put the ball in the net beat the supposed 'best defence in the league' (which isnt true chelsea again have got us on that one)

what id give to be a chelsea fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Both man, Arsenal fans are just embarrassing our fan base is a ****ing joke. Just fickle and delude.
    On a level now, I want you define what a fickle fan is. I've been assuming they're something else until recently.

Deluded? Na, I don't want cesc going elsewhere because as much as people say we don't need him.. We do. And he's available
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    everyones been praising wenger the whole year? uve got to be ****ing kidding me maybe after the FA cup but did u not witness the maulings we've received off the elite teams of the league this season? The not buying anyone in january?

chelsea beat us 6 ****ing 0 at stamford bridge a team that was struggling to put the ball in the net beat the supposed 'best defence in the league' (which isnt true chelsea again have got us on that one)
    Forget the Chelsea game, Arsenal couldn't score against our worst team in 30 years.

ReputationRep:
    yea lets not forget we created 1 clear chance over 2 games against a moyes managed utd side

ReputationRep:
    yea lets not forget we created 1 clear chance over 2 games against a moyes managed utd side
    1 clear cut chance? What games were you watching

ReputationRep:

what id give to be a chelsea fan
    The majority then. My point stands about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    1 clear cut chance? What games were you watching
    we didn't have one chance at old trafford and i can only remember one at the emirates

ReputationRep:
    we didn't have one chance at old trafford and i can only remember one at the emirates
    Fair enough. We did create more, you just don't remember them. Trust me though, we had more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Fair enough. We did create more, you just don't remember them. Trust me though, we had more
    i've just watched the highlights we had one clear cut chance the entire 180 minutes none at old trafford (we didn't even have our first shot on target which was a 35 yards out from gibbs until 70 mins)

and our one clear chance at the emirates was girouds header

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.