Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    Sahih International
    But those who disbelieved - their deeds are like a mirage in a lowland which a thirsty one thinks is water until, when he comes to it, he finds it is nothing but finds Allah before Him, and He will pay him in full his due; and Allah is swift in account.

[Quran 24:39]
    Jazak Allahu Khairan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inve)
    I had another one in 2013 so my muslim friend is convinced I should convert.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Learn more about islam, read about the prophet and his companions in the siirah books.
    And always be sincere in seeking god.
    Converting to Islam is a beautiful thing and to get the most out of it the above is important.

Want to help Syria?

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...-relief/206249

ReputationRep:
    Islam teaches us to be moderate in speech, and to discuss respectfully with one another. This does not mean we let go of out views, merely use cordiality and intelligence.

Quran:"And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do."

Quran: "Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided."

Kitab Al Kafi Volume 2 - Affability

1847–4. Abū ‘Alī al-Ash‘arī (–) Muḥammad ibn ‘Abdi 'l-Jabbãr (–) Muḥammad ibn Ismã‘īl ibn Bazī‘ (–) Ḥamzah ibn Bazi‘ (–) ‘Abdullãh ibn
    Sinãn that Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s.) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: 'My Lord commanded me to be affable to people as he commanded me to perform my religious
    duties.'
    صحيح على الظاهر لأن في حمزة كلام

Kitab Al Kafi Volume 2 - On Gentleness

1853–4. Muḥammad ibn Yaḥyã (–) Aḥmad ibn Muḥammad ibn ‘Īsã (–) Ibn Maḥbūb (–) Mu‘ãwiyah ibn Wahb (–) Mu‘ãdh ibn Muslim that Abū
    ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s.) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: 'Gentleness is good omen and harshness is bad omen.'
    Saheeh- Graded by Alama Majlisi

1855–6. ‘Alī ibn Ibrãhīm (–) his father (–) Ibn Abī ‘Umayr (–) ‘Umar ibn ‘Udhaynah (–) Zurãrah that Abū Ja‘far (‘a.s.) said:

The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: 'Indeed, when gentleness is placed on a thing beutifies it, and when removed from anything it makes
    it ugly.' "
    Hasan like Saheeh - Graded by Alama Majlisi

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Addicted to this:

May Allah swt raise his rank to the firdaus, and yours too. Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Addicted to this:

May Allah swt raise his rank to the firdaus, and yours too. Ameen.
    Ameen...

LONG TIME NO SEE SISTAH :jumphug:

Miss your posts really. Hope you are fine today

ReputationRep:
    ... And I need to sleep now. It's 1 am here already lol.

Good night (yeah, good evening really) brothers and sisters

Ma'assalamah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    ... And I need to sleep now. It's 1 am here already lol.

Good night (yeah, good evening really) brothers and sisters

Ma'assalamah
    Good night

ReputationRep:
    I highly recommend this to everyone, we all need to feed into our mental strength and fortify it.

ReputationRep:
    It seems as though the number one thing on the Agenda of the atheist is for muslims to wholeheartedly accept homosexuality. It's even further up the list than condemning terrorist groups like ISIS/Taliban/Al Nusra.

If we look at it purely from an unbiased point of view, an atheist has no moral ground by which to stand. Their moral decision making powers can not stem from any objective morality, merely subjective moral statements and judgements. Hence they need to form a set of principles and be consistent with applying such principles - so while they do not have objective moral statements, they believe they have fair 'moral' judgements based on consistent principles.

One such principle is: If someone does something, and it is not harming anyone, what's the harm?

'harm' is subjective. Do you define harm as something direct? Or perhaps something indirect? Do you define harm as something which can bring greater harm to over all society, or perhaps something which breaks basic societal principles?

For instance, let me not compare homosexuality with bestiality, i only use it to compare forms of sexuality. If an animal - many , many noted cases- incites sexual activity with a human, no-one is harmed, and it does not harm anyone, does this therefore, make it 'Moral'?

Human beings are complicated creatures, with consciousness, some sort of imbued ability to comprehend, reflect, a sense of worth unparalleled with anything other living organism on this planet. We do not kill the young of others if we marry a divorced woman - like lion kill the cubs of other males when taking on the pride. We would risk our life dying for a weak individual, rather than animals which leave behind the weak in the herd to survive. We defy so much, because we are far, far, different creatures.

This is not to spark or incite a debate, if anyone provokes a debate, or lurks on these threads to make a comment, i won't reply as it is against the rules of the thread.

However, all i do have to say is, atheists have no moral ground whatsoever to say any sexual act should be supported or not supported.

1. Can be someone who disliked homosexuality on the basis of principles, but condemn any violence towards those who are homosexual as well as not discriminate them in any way?

2. Can you be someone who does not support incest, but condemn any violence or discrimination towards those who perform incest?

If so, can one seek to make a society where if the society makes a judicial court, then decides based on the principles of not supporting the act, bringing into law what is acceptable or not acceptable?

I am not saying i am - or i am not, i am merely reflecting on 'morals' and what gives someone the right to make moral judgements.

Another atheist believed society decides morality. Therefore 50 years ago, society seemed to be far more against homosexuality than today, and hence should we assume it was immoral then, and moral now?

I am withholding my actual views of homosexuality, but wrote this to promote thought less of 'homosexuality' but more on what constitutes morality and whether anyone has a right to be making such wild moral judgements.

Rather, i am pledging on those who make sweeping moral judgements to be consistent. You can not use the same principles to validate one act, and reject another act - which can be validated on the very premises you used to justify the first. If your morals come from consistent principles, then you need to be consistent.

Again, i am not debating. This is an ISLAMIC thread and i am giving an Islamic view point to the issue. If anyone replies with aim to debate, i will not answer. I am honored to be a user on TSR and wish to remain so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Whats your view on homosexuality

Do you accept that it's not a choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It seems as though the number one thing on the Agenda of the atheist is for muslims to wholeheartedly accept homosexuality. It's even further up the list than condemning terrorist groups like ISIS/Taliban/Al Nusra.

If we look at it purely from an unbiased point of view, an atheist has no moral ground by which to stand. Their moral decision making powers can not stem from any objective morality, merely subjective moral statements and judgements. Hence they need to form a set of principles and be consistent with applying such principles - so while they do not have objective moral statements, they believe they have fair 'moral' judgements based on consistent principles.

One such principle is: If someone does something, and it is not harming anyone, what's the harm?

'harm' is subjective. Do you define harm as something direct? Or perhaps something indirect? Do you define harm as something which can bring greater harm to over all society, or perhaps something which breaks basic societal principles?

For instance, let me not compare homosexuality with bestiality, i only use it to compare forms of sexuality. If an animal - many , many noted cases- incites sexual activity with a human, no-one is harmed, and it does not harm anyone, does this therefore, make it 'Moral'?

Human beings are complicated creatures, with consciousness, some sort of imbued ability to comprehend, reflect, a sense of worth unparalleled with anything other living organism on this planet. We do not kill the young of others if we marry a divorced woman - like lion kill the cubs of other males when taking on the pride. We would risk our life dying for a weak individual, rather than animals which leave behind the weak in the herd to survive. We defy so much, because we are far, far, different creatures.

This is not to spark or incite a debate, if anyone provokes a debate, or lurks on these threads to make a comment, i won't reply as it is against the rules of the thread.

However, all i do have to say is, atheists have no moral ground whatsoever to say any sexual act should be supported or not supported.

1. Can be someone who disliked homosexuality on the basis of principles, but condemn any violence towards those who are homosexual as well as not discriminate them in any way?

2. Can you be someone who does not support incest, but condemn any violence or discrimination towards those who perform incest?

If so, can one seek to make a society where if the society makes a judicial court, then decides based on the principles of not supporting the act, bringing into law what is acceptable or not acceptable?

I am not saying i am - or i am not, i am merely reflecting on 'morals' and what gives someone the right to make moral judgements.

Another atheist believed society decides morality. Therefore 50 years ago, society seemed to be far more against homosexuality than today, and hence should we assume it was moral then, and immoral now?

I am withholding my actual views of homosexuality, but wrote this to promote thought less of 'homosexuality' but more on what constitutes morality and whether anyone has a right to be making such wild moral judgements.
    You should make a thread on this issue. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I am honored to be a user on TSR and wish to remain so.
    :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A quick comment with regards to 'groups' in Islam.

Shia's seem to be thrown into the same bracket as Quranists, and other very minority groups.

I would argue the two versions of Islam are Shia and Sunni, both groups affirming there is no God but Allah, and Muhammed pbuh is his final messenger and we need to take from the Quran AND the sunnah.

Other groups shia's are often bracketed with deny the need to take the sunnah, deny the finality of the prophethood, etc and are splinter groups within the two major traditions in Islam.

Indeed, shia's are a sizable minority, and the proportions are much closer in the middle-east as a pose to worldwide. A tip to atheists would be, when debating, you need to consider that Islam has two compelling schools of thought. By refuting and 'debunking' one, you can not possibly 'debunk' Islam, you need to consider atleast the major two schools.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    There are no "Major Schools of Islam" There is only Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Why don't you just quote her? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Why don't you just quote her? :rolleyes:
    Jeff aint got time for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    lol whos in your avatar bro?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.