The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
No. I think numbers are steady-ish, but on a slight decline.
Ahhh you're right, it was on the incline up until 2007 but now is falling again.
Anon_98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I love languages
é.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of all the barriers to trade language is far from the most significant at this stage, and I for one do not want to see any further erasure of people's identities. I fully support the efforts to preserve languages such as Welsh and Irish Garlic in their respective countries.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the Welsh language is a fashion statement. Eventually people will get bored.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
No. I think numbers are steady-ish, but on a slight decline.
Excellent.

(Original post by Green_Pink)
Of all the barriers to trade language is far from the most significant at this stage, and I for one do not want to see any further erasure of people's identities. I fully support the efforts to preserve languages such as Welsh and Irish Garlic in their respective countries.
I believe that Wales is as important as any other part of the UK and would like it to join England as it de facto was, the sooner it's language is culled then that's one less division to worry about. You also no doubt know that i want our Irish brethren back.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I thought Welsh was experiencing a great revival?
The thing about Welsh is that it's a revival of the local tongue, not the teaching of a foreign/completely new tongue.
Bloody nationalists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
the Welsh language is a fashion statement. Eventually people will get bored.
If Wood is anything to go by soaking Welsh makes your mouth run shower then the rest of reality, even when not speaking it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
The thing about Welsh is that it's a revival of the local tongue, not the teaching of a foreign/completely new tongue.
Bloody nationalists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right...
I agree that nationalism is bad, as is patriotism. It just divides and demonises people.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If Wood is anything to go by soaking Welsh makes your mouth run shower then the rest of reality, even when not speaking it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leanne Wood is actually not a Welsh speaker, believe it or not.

(Wna i geisio peidio cymryd beth dywedaist ti fel sylw personol.)
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
i can't make sense of this sentence.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
i can't make sense of this sentence.
Translation: "If Wood is anything to go by, speaking Welsh makes your mouth run slower then the rest of reality, even when not speaking it."
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"Curry my yoghurt"
Needs2Achieve
Badges: 6
Report 4 years ago
Hows everyones exams go today?
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Needs2Achieve)
Hows everyones exams go today?
I feel cheated. One half of our paper today to topics we have barely covered. Missing the main points entirely.
Needs2Achieve
Badges: 6
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
I feel cheated. One half of our paper today to topics we have barely covered. Missing the main points entirely.
What exam was this in?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Three GCSE maths papers Ned R writing for being "too hard"
One isn't at all difficult (and this is thinning from able GCSE standpoint, not maths uni student), one admittedly was to much for GCSE, but only because it needed calculus, which I think should be on the GCSE syllabus anyway, and I haven't seen the offending question from the third.

Posted from TSR Mobile
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
and Irish Garlic in their respective countries.
garlic-with-parsley-fb.jpg
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Damn autocorrect! Hate doing this from my phone, is only a couple of days since I sent out a PM about the "Foreign Sex Position" in the cabinet too...
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Damn autocorrect! Hate doing this from my phone, is only a couple of days since I sent out a PM about the "Foreign Sex Position" in the cabinet too...
Hahahahahaha!
nixonsjellybeans
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahoy-hoy all, just a bit of heads up i'm essentially packing this place in/retiring from any active role in the coming week of transition for the party. I've been thinking of this for a while for a fair few reasons; mainly due to growing disillusionment with TSR, the MHoC and the inevitable disappearance of the people I knew best The Great Repeal Act and our crummy election results have only added to this, so it's probably best for some new blood to lead the way and enjoy themselves. Also work is really digging into my time :lol:

I may post in the bar from time to time but i'll not be doing much else. I believe Republic1 is also calling it a day as well but i'll let him type his own leaving stuff
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads