Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ings fee £6.5m + £1.5m in add-ons. Sakho initially suspended for 30 days by UEFA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Ings fee £6.5m + £1.5m in add-ons. Sakho initially suspended for 30 days by UEFA.
    Kind of expected that for Sakho but that's an excellent price for Ings in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Lallana scored a pretty good goal at the weekend. He's just more involved whereas Firmino seems a little anonymous lately?
    That was one game though where Lallana scored a goal. Lallana to his credit is involved more but it often doesn't lead to a goal or assist, he gives you pressing and work rate but so does Firmino. Firmino may be anonymous but like I said, he can creep up with a goal and provides the pressing and workrate that Lallana does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    That was one game though where Lallana scored a goal. Lallana to his credit is involved more but it often doesn't lead to a goal or assist, he gives you pressing and work rate but so does Firmino. Firmino may be anonymous but like I said, he can creep up with a goal and provides the pressing and workrate that Lallana does.
    I'd rather have Firmino on the bench so if we are struggling for goals he can come on at 60 mins and as he'll be fresh he can run loose at the tiring Villarreal defence. I expect Lallana to start since he's been doing better than Firmino lately.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Lucas, Allen, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino.

Subs: Ward, Benteke, Sturridge, Skrtel, Ibe, Smith, Chirivella.

ReputationRep:
    No Sturridge is surprising.

ReputationRep:
    Klopp needs to be sacked. Why would you not start Sturridge?! *foams at the mouth*

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what Klopp is planning...

Very surprising not to see Sturridge starting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I wonder what Klopp is planning...

Very surprising not to see Sturridge starting.
    Looks like he's playing for a 0-0 with a potential chance to nick a goal.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like he's playing for a 0-0 with a potential chance to nick a goal.
    I hope it isn't a borefest.

Maybe he think Sturridge will impact the game more coming off the bench?

ReputationRep:
    Klopp needs to be sacked. Why would you not start Sturridge?! *foams at the mouth*
    Calm down, we aren't Arsenal fans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Calm down, we aren't Arsenal fans
    So annoying. He's frankly our best player when fit. He's in form and scoring so why leave him out?

ReputationRep:
    Loving the atmosphere, loving the tribute to the 96.
    Really great to have another tie where there's respect between the fans. Let's hope we see something good on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    What a chance Allen. Anywhere but there!!

ReputationRep:
    Firmino showing why Klopp chose him over Sturridge - he's won the ball back several times already.

I think Klopp understands that getting possession of the ball is important in the midfield battle, and bringing on Sturridge at 60 minutes with the scores level would be a great thing.

It is important we score a goal though so I do expect to see Sturridge on the hour.

ReputationRep:
    A tough half; both teams have been organised at the back but lacking going forward. A lot of "almost" moments, as if both teams are lacking just that extra bit of quality up front.

Villarreal are impressive - they aren't brimming with individual quality but they have good chemistry and they're disciplined. Sometimes that's all it takes and they're proving it.
    We've been alright but have struggled going forward. I think we need Sturridge.

Toure, Lucas and Allen have been absolutely exceptional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Firmino showing why Klopp chose him over Sturridge - he's won the ball back several times already.

I think Klopp understands that getting possession of the ball is important in the midfield battle, and bringing on Sturridge at 60 minutes with the scores level would be a great thing.

It is important we score a goal though so I do expect to see Sturridge on the hour.

Yea but we're also seeing what happens when you play without your form striker - we look toothless. All the good play in and around the box is nice but no one gets into the penalty box or the right positions to make it more dangerous.

Coutinho having another quiet game but hard to take him off since he's always capable of something magical.

Villarreal look better and more likely to score than us at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Yea but we're also seeing what happens when you play without your form striker - we look toothless. All the good play in and around the box is nice but no one gets into the penalty box or the right positions to make it more dangerous.

Coutinho having another quiet game but hard to take him off since he's always capable of something magical.

Villarreal look better and more likely to score than us at the moment.
    Yeah, Villarreal have the right players on the pitch but are just missing that final pass.

We're clearly missing Sturridge. We have higher quality players but they're at home and look sharp. Can't call it to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Coutinho isn't injured.

ReputationRep:
    We don't look dangerous enough, need a goal scorer.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.