It appears Mr Fantastic has great taste :p:
    Where do you get your comics from?

Not that I'm thinking of getting any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Where do you get your comics from?

Not that I'm thinking of getting any.
    That's not one of mine that's one i just found on the internet :p:

Most towns generally have a comic shop, most people just don't know whereabouts they are :p:

Give it a google.

ReputationRep:
    I love BBC America's trailer for series 6 XD

Brilliant. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Lawl.

Awesome.

Been watching DW past episodes and something cropped up. In End of Time, 10th Doctor mentions the horrors of the Time War. One of the things he mentions is "The Could-Have-Been King and his army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres".

In The Big Bang, 11th Doctor mentions that stone Daleks and Cybermen were the "footprints of the Neverweres".

Not necessarily saying it will have significance in a future series but such a discrete reference on an unknown subject from two different writers and Doctors is ... curious. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Been watching DW past episodes and something cropped up. In End of Time, 10th Doctor mentions the horrors of the Time War. One of the things he mentions is "The Could-Have-Been King and his army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres".

In The Big Bang, 11th Doctor mentions that stone Daleks and Cybermen were the "footprints of the Neverweres".

Curious. :holmes:
    is it not the nightmare child that could have been king?

:holmes:

(Original post by spacepirate-James)
    is it not the nightmare child that could have been king?

:holmes:
    Nope, they were all separate horrors (The Skaro Degradations, The Horde of Travesties, The Nightmare Child, The Could-Have-Been King). As a side note, 10 mentioned in Series 4 that he seen Davros' ship flying into the jaws of the "Nightmare Child".

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they were all separate horrors (The Skaro Degradations, The Horde of Travesties, The Nightmare Child, The Could-Have-Been King). As a side note, 10 mentioned in Series 4 that he seen Davros' ship flying into the jaws of the "Nightmare Child".
    i now really want to know what the Nightmare Child is/looks like.

same with the could-have-been-king. there needs to be a time war episode :awesome:

i now really want to know what the Nightmare Child is/looks like.

same with the could-have-been-king. there needs to be a time war episode :awesome:
    In the unlikely event of that actually happening, that would be awesome. :awesome:

There are some interesting references here, if you haven't already seen them: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Child

it is referred to as 'the Dalek Emperor's Nightmare Child' in an early script draft.
    Possibly some monstrosity they made which they couldn't later control? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    In the unlikely event of that actually happening, that would be awesome. :awesome:

There are some interesting references here, if you haven't already seen them: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Child
    when i'm rich and famous, i'll make a SPECIAL TIME WAR EPISODE.

i don't know why i keep seeing this image, when i think of the nightmare child:

Spoiler:
    Show

already on it :nerd:

when i'm rich and famous, i'll make a SPECIAL TIME WAR EPISODE.

i don't know why i keep seeing this image, when i think of the nightmare child:

Spoiler:
    Show

already on it :nerd:
    :five:

I thought the moon was looking through a telescope in that picture. :facepalm2:

For some reason, I keep imagining it as some massive, tower high, doll - whose jaws open like a machine.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    :five:

I thought the moon was looking through a telescope in that picture. :facepalm2:

For some reason, I keep imagining it as some massive, tower high, doll - whose jaws open like a machine.

or maybe a cross with the gas-mask child...

and the horde of travesties/skaro degradation. sigh.

we'll probably never find out what they are

EDIT: that's the job i want. designing doctor who monsters. (which is basically just a writer but whatever :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    The Nightmare Child is in the Time Lock, along with all the other things that can't get out :rolleyes:

Yes, we know about the infallible Time Lock.

or maybe a cross with the gas-mask child...

and the horde of travesties/skaro degradation. sigh.

we'll probably never find out what they are

EDIT: that's the job i want. designing doctor who monsters. (which is basically just a writer but whatever :ninja:)

I want my mummy. Are you my mummy? :puppyeyes:

Yeah, ah well, we still have ... the Silence. :tumble:

Wonder what they look like.

ReputationRep:
    I found some crazy theory about the Silence being able to take multiple forms :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we know about the infallible Time Lock.

I want my mummy. Are you my mummy? :puppyeyes:

Yeah, ah well, we still have the Silence. :awesome:
    Scariest episode by far. I could not go into dark places after that episode. And those 2 episodes are the only ones that I refuse to watch again.

Ze Silence! But what is ze silence?

Spoilers in spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Show
    "It was later confirmed Piers Wenger in Sci Fi magazine, in reference to series 6, that the Silence is the name of a terrifying species known as Silents who posses both physical and non-physical forms."

There's also a K9 series coming out on channel 5 :facepalm:

On another note, I'm gonna dig out some of me DrWho FanFic :awesome:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.