Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomek J.)
    you are damn right!! and I live in Germany so mine won't arrive untill the 3rd or 4th of Jan!!!!!! Aaah, I think I'm just gonna die before that.
    which college did u apply for

(Original post by Nans)
    anybody who applied to cambridge for chemical engineering
    i applied for engineering, i thought its general engineering in the first two years. so wat do you mean by chemical engineering......

ReputationRep:
    Clare, for SPS. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    i got rejected form oxford and i just wondered what happens to the places if people that get accepted dont get the grades. i know someone that was given AAA and they didnt meet it so oxford didnt let him go there. so what happens to those places? any chance (im hoping here) that they ring up in august and offer the places to people that dont get in? because i read somewhere a third of oxford applicants end up not getting the exact grades. Just curious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohead)
    i got rejected form oxford and i just wondered what happens to the places if people that get accepted dont get the grades. i know someone that was given AAA and they didnt meet it so oxford didnt let him go there. so what happens to those places? any chance (im hoping here) that they ring up in august and offer the places to people that dont get in? because i read somewhere a third of oxford applicants end up not getting the exact grades. Just curious...
    You've already asked this in another thread...

They tend to make more offers than they have places, expecting a certina percentage not to get the grades.

also, in oxford, some people get open offers, which means they get allocated to a college where more applicants than they were expecting didn't make the grades. My friend got an open offer for classical archaeology and ancient history last year and is now at Balliol, she found out which college a few days after the A-level results came out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hell manager)
    i applied for engineering, i thought its general engineering in the first two years. so wat do you mean by chemical engineering......
    i meant chemical engineering via natsci.
    btw, when will we know the outcome? hey, did u get the further particulars form? what did they ask in that?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.