Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did. Total blizzard outside this morning. It was epic. Stopped now though. Even got a snowday, which was a shock since my school is the kind to be open even in the apocalypse. :lol: And since I wasn't expecting to be off today I left all my stuff at school! 2 weeks ago the school thought nothing of sending us to school in a blizzard, but when I actually need to be at school they close it?! Whyyyy?

ReputationRep:
    meh, good foot of snow in scotland over the last 2 weeks, so excitements gone =(...now im down south in london anyway and there's gonna be barely any.
    I've heard it may last for a few weeks...im hoping ill still be able to drive back to edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit it looked pretty awesome outside this morning - unfortunatly a fifth gritter went down my road and runined it...now my road is a lovely thick brown slush which has now started spreading onto the pavement....Id rather walk on snow than slush any day....
    Its finally stopped snowing now and there is now brilliant sunshine - Whats going on?

(Original post by The Stig)
    :giggle:
    I knew someone would comment on that haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Anyone know about London or Jersy?
    No snow in London yet, expected to snow soon though, just really really cold right now

ReputationRep:
    We had a short flurry just a while ago here in Brizzle, not enough to cover the ground though.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously Wales is the place to be today for snow - it sucks though Im not getting out of any thing because of the snow, likewise everyone I know is at work so I cant even go out in it.....I dont want to look like some wierdo going out to play in the park with kids....

ReputationRep:
    Woke up to some snow - it seems to have stopped snowing though and I hope it stays that way... Thankfully I got home from Edinburgh on Monday so not going to get stranded anywhere... but yeah, after the past couple of weeks we had in Scotland I'm pretty fed up with it!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even looked outside this morning (have a sky light in bedroom so can't see anything), but I bet there's hardly any! We had it all a few weeks ago though, so I'd probably cry if it was bad as that again. I need to get home today! And home is further North! Argh! And then my boyf has got to travel north next week again (to pick up his xmas present!)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Woke up to a few very very thing patches on the ground. We're predicted quite a bit on saturday and more on monday/tuesday. Knowing where I live the predictions should be halved, even though that particular website has been very accurate in the past I think 30cm is more than unlikely...

EDIT: It originally said 6cm was unlikely. While this is true, the actual forecast is 5cm tonight, 20cm tomorrow and 4cm on sunday - almost impossible.

ReputationRep:
    When there was snow before my interview, I was a complete Scrooge, shaking my fist at the sky and muttering, the works. Now I'm perfectly childish and content

ReputationRep:
    Is there loads of snow in London? Got to go to heathrow on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing here in London, a few white flakes on top of cars at most. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I hate snow. I had to put it away in nfront of the house at this morning. It took me 30 minutes and my back is hurting now.

school buses are cancelled here and only a few students are left to teach..... 9 of 28 in my history class. I hate this. When the snow has gone they will ask for the copies of this week. Knowing me I will not find them and go for new ones.

it is damn cold and it takes me longer than usual to get to work or to university.

(Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
      No snow in London yet, expected to snow soon though, just really really cold right now
      Thank you. Just hope it stays that way for now

(Original post by apo1324)
        Is there loads of snow in London? Got to go to heathrow on Tuesday.
        Read a page back. Or the post I quoted above this one, or the post under yours :p:

ReputationRep:
        Nothing in Brizzle but we did get a bit just now, didn't settle.

I hope the snow holds off for a while. I can't go home from uni until Saturday night as I have to work on Saturday...the snow is expected to come on Saturday. ugh. I want to go hooooome.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Loz17)
        Read a page back. Or the post I quoted above this one, or the post under yours :p:
        Yeah, only just realised. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
        Maaaan it better not be icy this weekend, I'm 21 tomoro and I really don't wanna fall on my drunken ass

ReputationRep:
        I do think its silly that the whole of the UK seems to shut down when theres snow though - I mean in some places I can understand if, for example my parents live in the countryside and they live in a lane that doesn't get any grit or anything...a few years ago we got proper snowed in for a few days but saying that there seems to be so many people 'oh no there's a cm of snow I can't go to school/work/uni' etc...I mean all my schools in the area (I live right opposite one too) are shut today - why? all the main roads are clear, I know some of the kids will come from the valleys etc (and they do have it bad up there) but here in the city its snowy yes, impassable no. Its like when it snowed last year I couldn't get into uni because the buses wern't running - roads were fine, uni was open...If I had a car I would have driven, but instead I can't actually get on and do the things Im meant to because someone else thinks the snow is 'too bad'.
        Last year I lived with a girl from Italy she thought it was so funny how we basically come to a stop every time it snows, she lives at the foot of the swiss alps and she says they often get a couple of ft or so, everyone just gets on with it...
        The UK just isnt prepared to deal with this type of weather - which I think is ridiculous considering it seems to be happening more and more frequently - I think as a child I remember snow maybe twice....I think its happened at least 6 occasions in the last 2 years now..

ReputationRep:
        Bristol be snowless.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.