Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankio)
    Trent army now that's something that sparks my curiosity, is the fancy dress for that easy to get hold of by any chance?
    That Trent Army I was referring to is basically a common name to identify Trent students, we are known as the TRENT ARMY!

But you will find that Army gear has many uses throughout the year and a guarenteed fancy dress theme during 'Welcome Week' (aka Freshers Week)
    The SU shop on Clifton and the SU building in City sell Trent Army T-shirts, at like £6.50 ish that is more often than not worn on the fancy dress night, as well as combat pants, facepaint etc...

If you love fancy dress... Wednesday are your nights to go out!

ReputationRep:
    Repping next year on Clifton hopefully.
    Lookin forward to seein all the fresh meat x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zingyjelly)
    Peverell and Sandby look nice! I think i will be at one one them...
    and i'll be stugying English at clifton
    but i want to live in the city so i have a better time...
    where are you from?
    have you firmed nottingham trent?
    Yes, I have.
    I'm from Vietnam :-) . Not many Vietnamese students at Trent i guess !
    Really don't wanna be a loner but I'm overwhelmed now...
    Hope I can see u at Clifton ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelkeira)
    Hey, current trent student here again!
    Any questions anyone?
    I study Business (SW) and live at Norton Court, but next year I'll be living in Trinity, Shakespeare House
    Hi, which halls you recommend to live at, of course for freshers ???
    Can you tell sth about Trinity cause it looks nice ?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth)
    yeah i have, im worried about not knowing the city too.. i don't even know anywhere in England, had major problems figuring the trains out trying to get to my interview ^^
    Hey! are you going to be studying at NTU? I am from Denmark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanniehald)
    Hey! are you going to be studying at NTU? I am from Denmark!
    yeah i will, cool another Scandinavian what are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i will, cool another Scandinavian what are you going to study?
    English with creative writing! what about you?

ReputationRep:
    English with creative writing! what about you?
    oh i'm taking English, without writing tho. How did you end up in Nottingham if i can ask?

ReputationRep:
    oh i'm taking English, without writing tho. How did you end up in Nottingham if i can ask?
    So we might have mondules together?

Well I wanted to study at Manchester University because I adore the city, but Nottingham is like a student city and the description of Nottingham blew me away
    What about you?? ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pia Dang)
    Hi, which halls you recommend to live at, of course for freshers ???
    Can you tell sth about Trinity cause it looks nice ?
    Thanks.
    Depends what type of halls you're after. Do you want to party all the time? Do you want to be ensuite? How much is your budget?
    And what would you like to know about trinity?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what type of halls you're after. Do you want to party all the time? Do you want to be ensuite? How much is your budget?
    And what would you like to know about trinity?
    I like partying sometimes but not too often, en suite, I suppose. How u think about Sanby and Simpson ?
    Is Trinity near City site ? How its rooms ? how much ? Are many freshers there ?
    BTW, I want to use Unilink bus, do u know how much it cost ? Cause I study in Clifton but stay in City...
    Sorry for asking a lot

ReputationRep:
    I like partying sometimes but not too often, en suite, I suppose. How u think about Sanby and Simpson ?
    Is Trinity near City site ? How its rooms ? how much ? Are many freshers there ?
    BTW, I want to use Unilink bus, do u know how much it cost ? Cause I study in Clifton but stay in City...
    Sorry for asking a lot
    If you enjoy quiet time sometimes, I'd say go for Simpsons, but it's a bit out of the way, so transport wise it may be easier to stay at Sanby.
    Trinity is a 2 minute walk from the uni, the rooms are lovely, but it costs £107 a week there, so it's quite expensive. And there aren't loads of freshers there, but there are a few. However Trinity doesn't get reps in Freshers week, so you have to be really organised to get involved.
    Sorry, no idea about the bus, I've never gotten it anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy quiet time sometimes, I'd say go for Simpsons, but it's a bit out of the way, so transport wise it may be easier to stay at Sanby.
    Trinity is a 2 minute walk from the uni, the rooms are lovely, but it costs £107 a week there, so it's quite expensive. And there aren't loads of freshers there, but there are a few. However Trinity doesn't get reps in Freshers week, so you have to be really organised to get involved.
    Sorry, no idea about the bus, I've never gotten it anywhere!
    Thanks a lot, So do you know how long it takes from Simpsons to City site ?
    Cause I've just seen on NTU website that there will probably have a construction near Sanby in January 2012...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, So do you know how long it takes from Simpsons to City site ?
    Cause I've just seen on NTU website that there will probably have a construction near Sanby in January 2012...
    About 20-25 minutes walk I think!
    And yes, that won't be open for people applying this year though :/

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for asking a lot

What course at Clifton?

ReputationRep:
    I just firmed NTU for fashion marketing and branding xx

ReputationRep:
    whos going to the open day on the 13th of april?

ReputationRep:
    So we might have mondules together?

Well I wanted to study at Manchester University because I adore the city, but Nottingham is like a student city and the description of Nottingham blew me away
    What about you?? ..
    oh it was the closes university to where my bf lives (peterborough) that i got in to and that seemed fairly decent i havent actually given any thought to the city itself untill now ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francistheswole)
    whos going to the open day on the 13th of april?
    i cannot believe its the 13th i'm gonna miss it AGAIN i am so disappointed, again!

ReputationRep:
    oh it was the closes university to where my bf lives (peterborough) that i got in to and that seemed fairly decent i havent actually given any thought to the city itself untill now ...
    How nice!

Well it would be nice to meet up and chat when uni starts .. being scandinavian and all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.