Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    Not a huge amount. You can end up with a totally anti social block in Lasdun and have a block of party animals in JoFo, it depends on the people in them. The reputations make certain situations more likely in each hall but hardly guaranteed.
    You've essentially guaranteed in my head that Beaumont Block 7 is to be crazyyy from what you've said to me before. Your head is on the line mate!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wreemo)
    You've essentially guaranteed in my head that Beaumont Block 7 is to be crazyyy from what you've said to me before. Your head is on the line mate!
    Haha, was my year, but could have just been my presence

Nah, those 2 blocks are generally very sociable because of their size and layout and there's always someone to go out with. Craziness probably does depend a bit on the year group though, you'll have to make sure you set a good example

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

So I got my unconditional offer for my postgraduate Marketing course and I am about to submit my accommodation application.

I would prefer an ensuite room (standard+ or premium) so my choices (based on price) are:

1.Opal Court (Standard + Ensuite) £118.37
    2.The Grange (Premium Ensuite) £124.60
    3.Opal Court (Premium Ensuite)£129.50

While I'm pretty sure about my 1st choice i would like additional info about The Grange. Is it popular among postgrad students like opal court or not?

So are my choices correct? I am also aware that i cannot apply for Standard Ensuite Room in Nixon Court because those are mainly served for students with health problems.

And what about The Summit? Is it available for University Of Leicester students?

Thanks in advance!

Cu around!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying in filbert village?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone need accomodation, for students going to either University of Leicester or DMU???

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just got my accommodation in tutor rooms at GMS? Anyone have any idea where and how the rooms are?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikosT)
    Hello guys,

So I got my unconditional offer for my postgraduate Marketing course and I am about to submit my accommodation application.

I would prefer an ensuite room (standard+ or premium) so my choices (based on price) are:

1.Opal Court (Standard + Ensuite) £118.37
    2.The Grange (Premium Ensuite) £124.60
    3.Opal Court (Premium Ensuite)£129.50

While I'm pretty sure about my 1st choice i would like additional info about The Grange. Is it popular among postgrad students like opal court or not?

So are my choices correct? I am also aware that i cannot apply for Standard Ensuite Room in Nixon Court because those are mainly served for students with health problems.

And what about The Summit? Is it available for University Of Leicester students?

Thanks in advance!

Cu around!
    Hey!!

Just thought I'd message you to to let you know I'm pretty sure the Summit doesn't have rooms left anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering if anyone has looked into or booked a room at the city block accommodation in town?

ReputationRep:
    For those looking to buy an Arriva Bus Pass:

https://m-ticket.arriva.co.uk/csp/ar...rface.shop.cls

This discount code is valid for the time being, it'll take off £35 so I'd say it's worth getting: 82275117

Hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallenangel)
    For those looking to buy an Arriva Bus Pass:

https://m-ticket.arriva.co.uk/csp/ar...rface.shop.cls

This discount code is valid for the time being, it'll take off £35 so I'd say it's worth getting: 82275117

Hope it helps!
    Thanks for that! May I just ask where you did find the code??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retro.spex)
    Thanks for that! May I just ask where you did find the code??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just through word of mouth, couldn't find an email or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallenangel)
    Just through word of mouth, couldn't find an email or anything
    Ah okay, I was going to say, I hadn't managed to find anything! Thanks again, I think I'll be buying one of these, not sure I can handle a 40 minute walk everyday...

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to buy the arriva bus pass on internet ( the discount is too interesting lol) but I've seen they don't post the bus pass in our hall of residence. But I leave my country in two weeks so I can't ask them to post it in my home now :-s what can I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    You won't share a bathroom with the subwarden- he has his own in his flat. But you will more than likely mix lots with the boys- I did the first year I was there and are still friends with them even now we've al left.

I didn't have a TV and its not all that common to, after all you'd have to pay £120 or something similar for a TV Licence. I used my laptop for dvds and watched TV online through iPlayer (the BBC online service for watching shows) and other similar ones for the other British tv channels. Thats what the majority of people tend to use over here. Yeah, some do have TVs, most generally don't.
    Do you by chance have any pictures of the kitchen or any parts of the house? also, how was the wifi? if its really slow ill get an ethernet cable. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I got my arrival time and date for the accommodation today (I'm in Oadby). It's on Saturday afternoon but my Dad would've taken the car to work by then and I'd rather not have to go on the train with my mum with all my luggage! So I've emailed the accommodation people asking if I could arrive in the morning instead, Saturday or Sunday.

If the accommodation people are ok with it, I'd rather go on the Saturday morning because I want to meet the people in my house as we all move in. However my parents want me to move in on Sunday morning so they don't have to be in such a rush (my Dad goes to work later on Sunday).

What do you think I should do? I'd rather my parents not be in a rush, but I don't want to miss out on meeting people, but then it'll only be one day... so I don't know. Opinions please

Also does anyone know if all the people in a house move in on the same day? If they don't then I've got no problem in moving in on Sunday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whotosee)
    I got my arrival time and date for the accommodation today (I'm in Oadby). It's on Saturday afternoon but my Dad would've taken the car to work by then and I'd rather not have to go on the train with my mum with all my luggage! So I've emailed the accommodation people asking if I could arrive in the morning instead, Saturday or Sunday.

If the accommodation people are ok with it, I'd rather go on the Saturday morning because I want to meet the people in my house as we all move in. However my parents want me to move in on Sunday morning so they don't have to be in such a rush (my Dad goes to work later on Sunday).

What do you think I should do? I'd rather my parents not be in a rush, but I don't want to miss out on meeting people, but then it'll only be one day... so I don't know. Opinions please

Also does anyone know if all the people in a house move in on the same day? If they don't then I've got no problem in moving in on Sunday!
    Everyone in your block will move in the same time and date as you.....they do this for 2 reasons.

1 so you can bond with your house mates
    2 to reduce the amount of traffic

If you really can't move in on the day they have given you the ring and explain. I'm sure they won't have a problem. But just be aware that your flat mates will have been there a whole day/night together =D good luck

ReputationRep:
    Anyone request early arrival and hear back?

ReputationRep:
    Nixon Court, Block C, Flat 25! Woopwoop!

ReputationRep:
    hi I'm an international student at Uni of Leicester!

I don't know if anyone's going to see this, but i have some questions

1) i was thinking about applying for Mary Gee, or one of the Salisbury Houses, or anywhere in City Living. How are they? Are they soooooo bad to live in?

2) will i need a bus pass? i'll stay for only one semester and i love walking.

3) is it hard to make friends in Semester 2? im worried as hell!

ReputationRep:
    Leicester is a great city, i live there
    accomodation on manor road is top notch and not too far from the botanical gardens if you're into that!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.