Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)

Quoted merely to emphasise this point.
    LOL. I'm going to make a Mark Wahlberg appreciation society and link it to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaltyPiratePony)
    know I almost went Reading just to play BUAF What uni are you going to?

Sucks dont it, it's times like this i wish i was a peewee player in the states.
    Oxford.

Used to have a team with Oxford Brookes, but then some faceless guy in a suit put paid to that. Don't understand why though, the team wasn't very good, even with 2 unis, and they were in the same city too :noway:

Agreed.
    Screw it, I'll commute to the nearest uni that plays and pretend I'm a student there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    Frick yeah! If we all made a team (comprised of mainly quarterbacks by the sound of this thread) we could play some Chinese people! We would win because they are all 5ft 6" lolz!
    I'd happily destroy some chinese people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    Oxford.

Used to have a team with Oxford Brookes, but then some faceless guy in a suit put paid to that. Don't understand why though, the team wasn't very good, even with 2 unis, and they were in the same city too :noway:

Agreed.
    Screw it, I'll commute to the nearest uni that plays and pretend I'm a student there.
    Lol, was gonna practice with Sussex Thunder today, a team in Brighton with their main time in the premierships for British AF and their youths (u19) ie. my age, got to the finals of the uk version of the championships, so pretty decdent, but it got called off. lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    By the time you get there there may be a new team. If not then you could always set up a stand at the Freshers' Fair and see how much interest it gains. Hold your own practices and enter the team in to the league. You may even get your own statue outside the university.
    Hmm, as a fresher, that seems pretty daunting, I'm sure someone who played last year will do it, and I'll stand under their standard.

Setting up a whole new team sounds difficult.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    x
    Please add the following to the society:

and for the ladies:

Please note, I am in no way bias due to Hollywood accepting that the Eagles are movie worthy.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, was gonna practice with Sussex Thunder today, a team in Brighton with their main time in the premierships for British AF and their youths (u19) ie. my age, got to the finals of the uk version of the championships, so pretty decdent, but it got called off. lame.
    How come it was called off?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, as a fresher, that seems pretty daunting, I'm sure someone who played last year will do it, and I'll stand under their standard.

Setting up a whole new team sounds difficult.
    Yeah I suppose, ah well, fingers crossed come September there will be a new team.

Manchester Tyrants got disbanded due to the rule, but they just made it the official team for the Uni of Manchester then.

ReputationRep:
    The uni I'm going to just broke straight of from Uni of Nottingham and made there own team right away. Stupid rule though for a lot of teams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Where you want the university ball thread? Just in uni gen?
    Tell you what, I might make this thread through the group. Unless you have already made it?

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. I don't think anybody minds

And I agree with you. He is a tremendous project, perhaps more likely to have success than Tebow. But he could end up like Jamarcus Russell. Eg. A complete fail!

And yeah I think 10-20th pick sounds about right. However it is too early to tell. He could be late 1st even early second if he performs average - poor at the combine.
    :yep::tee::yep:

ReputationRep:
    Tell you what, I might make this thread through the group. Unless you have already made it?
    Do it, I could do with some equipment discussion soon

ReputationRep:

(Original post by RNBen)
    Yeah I suppose, ah well, fingers crossed come September there will be a new team.

Manchester Tyrants got disbanded due to the rule, but they just made it the official team for the Uni of Manchester then.

(Original post by jimbles)
    The uni I'm going to just broke straight of from Uni of Nottingham and made there own team right away. Stupid rule though for a lot of teams!
    Turns out Oxford have their own team after all.
    :yay:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1527316

ok. Uni ball questions
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done anything yet. Feel free.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Turns out Oxford have their own team after all.
    :yay:
    Good stuff. You gonna try and get a hold of that 18 jersey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Please add the following to the society:

and for the ladies:

Please note, I am in no way bias due to Hollywood accepting that the Eagles are movie worthy.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1527316

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Good stuff. You gonna try and get a hold of that 18 jersey?
    You know it

How about yourself?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    You know it

How about yourself?
    Probably try and get #5 (McNabb @ Eagles). However, a LB currently has it. Probably end up with some **** number no one else wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I've never thought about this until you guys discussed it, but is number relevant to your position? Or is it about prefence?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.