Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    Yesyesyesyes. I don't understand those saying that year 1 is nothing - I don't think I could be more stressed out. Granted, I'm sure it's easier that year 2+, but it's by no means a walk in the park.

I comletely agree. Over xmas i was unbelievably stressed out about exams, but the exams themselves were actually okay, although the first one was slightly weird..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    I comletely agree. Over xmas i was unbelievably stressed out about exams, but the exams themselves were actually okay, although the first one was slightly weird..
    You really need to change your sig :p:

I haven't been massively stressed, but my first module was basically about nothing. I shall have to wait and see how this module pans out.

ReputationRep:
    Our exams were OK apart from one, which went very wrong. Most people think they've failed, and it wouldn't surprise me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    You really need to change your sig :p:

I haven't been massively stressed, but my first module was basically about nothing. I shall have to wait and see how this module pans out.
    Ha-changed! I found my first modules fairly difficult; especially the genetics component, and health statistics. However, I start CVS, and musculoskeletal system on monday so that should be fairly interesting (hopefully). How are you enjoying UEA?

ReputationRep:
    Went to the Kumar lecture.....AND got my text book signed Massivley sad? I don't care :p: I wasn't the only one in the queue.
    Oh, and saw a fantastic discharge summary from A+E: 2 year old presented with plastic beads in both ears. Referred to ENT as very uncooporative.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    Ha-changed! I found my first modules fairly difficult; especially the genetics component, and health statistics. However, I start CVS, and musculoskeletal system on monday so that should be fairly interesting (hopefully). How are you enjoying UEA?
    Good good :yep: UEA's great, I'm really liking it. Just finished my first secondary care placement, where I adopted at least 4 grandparents cause they were so cute And yeah, I've just started "locomotion" so that's skeletal-muscular stuff And primary care starts up again on the 3rd of Feb, so I can have some awesome free lunches again

How's Leicester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    Went to the Kumar lecture.....AND got my text book signed Massivley sad? I don't care :p: I wasn't the only one in the queue.
    Oh, and saw a fantastic discharge summary from A+E: 2 year old presented with plastic beads in both ears. Referred to ENT as very uncooporative.
    lol, i did that last week, with a book called 'Vital Signs' by an intensive care pioneer in Australia Prof. Ken Hillman, i was the only one in the queue though

ReputationRep:
    Quite remarkably sad, but you're a little old now to care what other people think of you.

ReputationRep:
    Wait till you've tried to remove shiny round things from a screaming, wriggling child, with minimal equipment and parents who don't want you hurting their little darling. Then say it's funny.

ENT have better equipment, are more skilled at fishing in ears and can do an EUA if needed. It's not just a cop out.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I've finished semester 1! albeit I haven't done the exams yet... Looking forward to cardiovascular, respiratory and renal 1.
    • PS Helper

Yay, I found out I passed the midsessional! Happy times!
    • PS Helper

(Original post by felt_monkey)
    I've finished semester 1! albeit I haven't done the exams yet... Looking forward to cardiovascular, respiratory and renal 1.
    Good luck for your exams! Renal is difficult! It was our first scenario in second term and I found it really hard :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    Good luck for your exams! Renal is difficult! It was our first scenario in second term and I found it really hard :/

Well I wouldn't say that - he's sometimes a bit grouchy - but actually a nice guy :p:

hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Wait till you've tried to remove shiny round things from a screaming, wriggling child, with minimal equipment and parents who don't want you hurting their little darling. Then say it's funny.

ENT have better equipment, are more skilled at fishing in ears and can do an EUA if needed. It's not just a cop out.
    Sheesh - we have it with auroscopes round here = lots of parents learning the ear-examination-clamp . No chance of antibiotics unless I see some convincing drums & then we'll talk about it...

ReputationRep:

i think she was saying that the discharge summary was funny, rather than the referral itself

ReputationRep:
    I tell the parents straight off that if they're not holding on tight it's going to hurt more.

ReputationRep:

I'm sure they are better at it, I wasn't laughing at that. I was laughing at the kiddie. What shall I do with this? In the ear! Oooo, another one!! In the other ear My Godaughter is two and has amazing tantrums, I'm very sympathetic to the unfortunate A+E doc who had to see the kid. When the discharge letter from ENT came back, it said saw this delightful little girl in my clinic referred for beads in ears. On examination ear canals were clear. Another laugh at holy terror in A+E to happy and smiley in ENT. I love kids Question: Why does everyone call them ENT, yet they call themselves otolayrngology? Is one oldf ashioned or is it just because the latter sounds fancier?

ReputationRep:
    Question: Why does everyone call them ENT, yet they call themselves otolayrngology? Is one oldf ashioned or is it just because the latter sounds fancier?
    In order to make the joke about "Early Nights & Tennis".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    In order to make the joke about "Early Nights & Tennis".
    Ha, I've never heard that one +rep.

ReputationRep:
    Just tried to help a fresher with anatomy viva...realised how little anatomy I know. I swear I'm forgetting everything I learn, new stuff is pushing old stuff out of brain, not enough brain space

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.