On a standard McDonalds Hamburger, the beef isn't that exceptional. Nor is the bun, nor any particular ingredient. But the diced onion, ketchup and gherkin are the trifecta of spice, sweet and sour (as muted as they may be). They work together in unison in such a way so as to give the Maccy Burger a very unique taste, and as such, it always irks me when someone asks for a "totally plain" hamburger.
Come on now. Surely that just tastes of dry.
Mixing everything together.
I was in a takeaway yesterday sat next to a guy who mixed mayonaise and some kind of chilli sauce all over his chips, looked vile!
It annoys me when I see people eat burgers not in a bun.
I personally find it a crime when people stab things with their fork, put it in their mouths as normal, then totally clench their teeth over the metal of the fork, removing it with a SCRRRRAAAAAPE.
Tooth to metal SCRRRRRRP! really sends a chill down my spine for some reason... like rough chalk/nails on a blackboard...
People adding milk to tea after the water is added.
You add the milk first to stop the boiling water scolding the tea leaves!
My Mum's specialities;
- Butter and Jam on a dry Weetabix
- Brown sauce on Meat & Potato pie
- Mashed Banana Sandwhiches (only okay if your 3 years old)
My Dad's specialities;
- Porridge oats with milk (not porridge, just the dry oats floating round in milk)
- Fried Cheese and Onion mush on a plate
- Drinking vinegar out of the bottle (My Grandma)
- 1 chip with a lump on salt ontop (My ex-boss)
- Baked Beans with gravy on top (A friend)