Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just had my phone interview today. It's quite easy as long as you do your research beforehand, the website really helps with that. Now I'm through to the group session and 1 to 1 interview next week. What should I do to stand out? I'll probably be the youngest there, and I have little to no customer service skills and I'm kinda quiet. But I really want to get the job because it would be a great thing to add to my CV to make it easier to get other jobs in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supremezzy)
    Just had my phone interview today. It's quite easy as long as you do your research beforehand, the website really helps with that. Now I'm through to the group session and 1 to 1 interview next week. What should I do to stand out? I'll probably be the youngest there, and I have little to no customer service skills and I'm kinda quiet. But I really want to get the job because it would be a great thing to add to my CV to make it easier to get other jobs in the future.
    Read my earlier post it should help.

Debenhams are big on customer service so keep mentioning how important it is.
    I know people that had no customer service experience at all and they still got the job. Just make sure you stand out in the group interview x

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm just wondering how would you answer this question, I remember it came up once for my Debenhams interview and I am curious as I was stumped to be honest :confused:

I was asked 'Compared to our competitors what would you think Debenhams should improve on' or something along those lines where Debenhams wants to suggest an improvement that they could do which their competitors don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorganite)
    Hi guys I'm just wondering how would you answer this question, I remember it came up once for my Debenhams interview and I am curious as I was stumped to be honest :confused:

I was asked 'Compared to our competitors what would you think Debenhams should improve on' or something along those lines where Debenhams wants to suggest an improvement that they could do which their competitors don't
    Mention offers like 2 for 1
    And stargifts that boots tend to do towards the xmas season. Also say how they sgould make the sale signs more eye catching and vibrant that can grab customers attention. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turtle123456)
    Mention offers like 2 for 1
    And stargifts that boots tend to do towards the xmas season. Also say how they sgould make the sale signs more eye catching and vibrant that can grab customers attention. Hope this helps
    Cheers that helps
    I don't really know what a stargift is to be honest. And they don't include offers like 2 for 1??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supremezzy)
    What store have you applied for? I have my interview next week as well Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a Christmas temp job, passed the phone interview and now I have a group then one-to-one interview on the same day very soon! I'm so nervous I've never had a proper interview before.

I'm not even sure what to wear (I'm a guy). I'm assuming its not gonna be too formal but I'll probably wear a shirt with a v-neck and dark trousers, does that sound alright? And I don't know what preparations to make or anything, it sounds pretty overwhelming for just a temp job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorganite)
    Cheers that helps
    I don't really know what a stargift is to be honest. And they don't include offers like 2 for 1??
    Stargift is basically an offer that is better than half prize. It's usually done every week up until Christmas. They do have offers but mention stuff like mix and matching stuff on 3 for 2, 2 for one. They wont be too tough on one question. Remember to focus mainly on customer service there pretty big on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zatubo)
    I applied for a Christmas temp job, passed the phone interview and now I have a group then one-to-one interview on the same day very soon! I'm so nervous I've never had a proper interview before.

I'm not even sure what to wear (I'm a guy). I'm assuming its not gonna be too formal but I'll probably wear a shirt with a v-neck and dark trousers, does that sound alright? And I don't know what preparations to make or anything, it sounds pretty overwhelming for just a temp job.
    First congratulations on getting to that stage. That sounds perfect I do think presentation counts. Well im assuming its a group interview thus you will be doing group activities then one to one interview where the interviewer asks you comon question why how when? Ect

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm sort of nervous for my group assessment that I have coming up and I was just wondering does anyone have any tips for the day as it is something that I have done before. I previously had an interview for Debenhams but I didn't pass because I had no retail experience.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone what sort of questions did they ask for the telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    I had mine a few days ago, the guy I had was really friendly, and he asked questions initially like my availability and just confirming the legal side of things that were on my application. Then he asked a few questions regarding what I think good customer service is, and why do I want to work for Debenhams, and how would I provide good customer service. Also, things such as how would I work effectively in a team. Just don't stress, I had mine just 2 hours after I got my GCSE results, so it was really last minute and out of the blue as I was only told when I got home after finding out my results. Just be yourself and relax. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused, I applied for a job at oasis in a shopping centre and the woman called me back saying she had nothing left at oasis but she did have a contract at debenhams? I'm kind of confused how she seems to be a manager at both stores but didnt ask- i have to go to oasis for an interview on Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mulberry1)
    I'm a bit confused, I applied for a job at oasis in a shopping centre and the woman called me back saying she had nothing left at oasis but she did have a contract at debenhams? I'm kind of confused how she seems to be a manager at both stores but didnt ask- i have to go to oasis for an interview on Thursday
    Maybe working at the oasis department in debenhams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummi1)
    Hi everyone what sort of questions did they ask for the telephone interview?
    I had mine this morning and I got through to the next stage. The lady just started by asking the same questions that were on the application form regarding availability, eligibility to work in the UK, etc etc. The actual interview questions were something like this:

Why do you want to work for Debenhams?
    What would your role at Debenhams involve?
    What is your idea of good customer service?
    How would you work well as part of a team?
    How would you approach a customer in the store?

There were a few more but I can't remember them exactly, sorry! Hope this helps though.

ReputationRep:
    Im 16 with no retail experience at all and yesterday just had my 1-1 interview and was called today saying ive got job so if anyone has any questions regarding the 1st and 2nd stage of the interview then fire away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickyhall)
    Im 16 with no retail experience at all and yesterday just had my 1-1 interview and was called today saying ive got job so if anyone has any questions regarding the 1st and 2nd stage of the interview then fire away.
    Hi there I have my debenhams interview tomorrow and I just wanted to know how would you answer this question in terms of customer service standards what do you think we could learn from our competitors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajaa1)
    Hi there I have my debenhams interview tomorrow and I just wanted to know how would you answer this question in terms of customer service standards what do you think we could learn from our competitors?
    Well i'm not too sure about that but the question that was similar to that which I was asked was a scenario question. It was "when have I ever experience bad customer service, what did I learn from it and bring it to their company". I basically just said that I was returning an item to a shop but the person didn't seem empathetic and seemed disinterested. I said that what I would do if this happened was I would call the supervisor, apologise, ask for a receipt, ensure it wouldn't happen again etc. The 1-1 interview is very relaxed I came unprepared and just made the answers up on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I had a phone interview today for a part time job and she told me I would know if i was successful in the next ten days what does that mean?? is that a good sign or a bad sign?? Someone tell me please this was my first phone interview as well

ReputationRep:
    I have my group interview tomorrow for the London Oxford Street store, and the woman I had my phone interview with asked me to look over some details of their remodeled store on the website, but I can't find much detail - did anyone else have to do something similar, or have any questions about the new store?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.