Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adpeto)
    Should I be worried if I haven't heard anything from any of the medical schools which I've applied for?
    Don't worry! Seriously. I know the feeling- it's like.. just tell me anything pls, even if it's a rejection! I want to know where I stand?! I was in your situation and was convinced id be taking a gap year (even my 5th choice haven't responded) but I just got my 1st reply yesterday! Replies will come when you least expect it, just crack on with revision and work! I know it's hard to keep motivated when everyone else is hearing back and you don't know what's going to happen with you. But offers or no offers - grades are the most important thing. You can reapply again and again with 3As. But what use is an offer if the grades aren't achieved in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    I've ended my pretty long self-imposed exile from TSR today for a small update:

Firstly, I've updated the OP with some more useful information and finally, some resources! At the moment, I am going to trial it and ascertain whether it is going to be worth putting some more time into so please do give me feedback!

So far, I have only got a Year 1 Book List and some PP Statistical Definitions up. I've also got a revision present in the form of some S&F questions. They are aimed at 1st years mainly, but can apply to any students brushing up on non-clinical anatomy and physiology. Unfortunately, whilst making it, I didn't make an answer sheet so perhaps you can ask on here if you are stuck (or if someone kindly wants to make an answer sheet, they are welcome to)!

I would like to sincerely request fellow Liverpool medics to help out with the resources if at all possible. Anything you deem to be remotely useful for students in years below will help so please either upload it on here and quote me or if you prefer, PM me and I will send you my e-mail. Or if all else fails, give me feedback!

Annoying Quotes

Please read the above regarding post #2 of this thread

K
    I don't use TSR very much at all these days so I very nearly didn't see this. What do you need help with? Which year are you in?
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by planetconwy1)
    I don't use TSR very much at all these days so I very nearly didn't see this. What do you need help with? Which year are you in?
    Nor do I! Anything you think would be useful for people coming to or currently at Liverpool would be great, I suppose. The key is for the information to be accurate and up-to-date (for which reasons I have not uploaded any notes yet).

I'm technically in 5th year (but am intercalating atm).
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cutaneoplast™)
    Hey guys, has Liverpool given out offers yet to those who were interviewed back in December?
    Please message me if you have any questions about The Medical School and/or student life here at Liverpool. I shall try to help.

Please join this Facebook Group once you have an offer: https://www.facebook.com/groups/708552395845353/

Cheers, thanks.
    Nobody gets offers from Liverpool until March at the earliest (rare exceptions aside).

My interview is in 15 days and I have no idea how to prepare! Can anyone help me? What sort of thing will they ask me? Helppppp!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adpeto)
    Lets hope you hear from Bristol and Keele soon! Aw well congrats on your interview for Liverpool, I hope it goes well for you, good luck! I applied to Liverpool, Keele, Sheffield and Leeds
    Haha thanks yay we have Keele in common as well! Although my UKCAT score is so low that I don't expect an interview from Keele hehehe :P Good luck to you to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sar-egy)
    Don't worry! Seriously. I know the feeling- it's like.. just tell me anything pls, even if it's a rejection! I want to know where I stand?! I was in your situation and was convinced id be taking a gap year (even my 5th choice haven't responded) but I just got my 1st reply yesterday! Replies will come when you least expect it, just crack on with revision and work! I know it's hard to keep motivated when everyone else is hearing back and you don't know what's going to happen with you. But offers or no offers - grades are the most important thing. You can reapply again and again with 3As. But what use is an offer if the grades aren't achieved in the end?
    It's a horrible feeling but people on these threads are making me feel better about it all! Thank you for your advice though, helps! And I hope you get the rest of your offers and interview goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madgene)
    Haha thanks yay we have Keele in common as well! Although my UKCAT score is so low that I don't expect an interview from Keele hehehe :P Good luck to you to!
    You're welcome and yay for Keele! They don't really use the UKCAT much though do they so I shouldn't worry about that lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteallan95)
    My interview is in 15 days and I have no idea how to prepare! Can anyone help me? What sort of thing will they ask me? Helppppp!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's really relaxed and the interviewers are very friendly. Just read up about the 4 topics they list in your email and you should be fine

(Original post by Rumschpringe)
    It's really relaxed and the interviewers are very friendly. Just read up about the 4 topics they list in your email and you should be fine
    Thank you! Do they ask an ethics question or anything about current medicine in the news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4 topics? Woahhhh, they sent me nothing specific in my email. What did they tell you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteallan95)
    Thank you! Do they ask an ethics question or anything about current medicine in the news?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of the categories they state in their email is "Discussing Medical/Professional/Ethical issues", so again if you prepare to the categories they give you in the email you should be fine with whatever comes up They're not there to catch you out, they just want to get to know about you a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    4 topics? Woahhhh, they sent me nothing specific in my email. What did they tell you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you read through the whole email carefully there is a small paragraph about the interview structure change due to the curriculum review.

The interview will remain semi-structured but the interview domains will now be: Knowledge of Modern Medical Practice and its Requirements, Learning from Caring/Community Contribution, Discussing Medical/Professional/Ethical issues and Discussing Teamwork and Leadership. Other details of the interview process will remain as outlined in the supplement.

ReputationRep:
    One of the categories they state in their email is "Discussing Medical/Professional/Ethical issues", so again if you prepare to the categories they give you in the email you should be fine with whatever comes up They're not there to catch you out, they just want to get to know about you a bit more.

If you read through the whole email carefully there is a small paragraph about the interview structure change due to the curriculum review.
    Oh, thanks a lot . When I saw the previous post about 4 topics I got scared and skimmed through my email and started panicking.

Thank you!!! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To the people who already have had their interviews, did you have a traditional interview, with questions like 'why medicine?' and 'why liverpool?'. My friend recently had an interview and he didn't get asked any of those questions. I know liverpool has a reputation of having traditional interviews but this just made me a bit nervous.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview before Christmas and it wasn't traditional in the slightest. It was very relaxing and calm, like a quick chat. Don't worry, they put you at ease and it goes very quickly. Sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SRose_95)
    I had an interview before Christmas and it wasn't traditional in the slightest. It was very relaxing and calm, like a quick chat. Don't worry, they put you at ease and it goes very quickly. Sure you'll be fine!
    Ohh so they didn't ask you questions like 'why medicine?', 'why liverpool?' Or other motivation/ethical questions? I have heard liverpool interviews are quite relaxing, hopefully mine won't be too bad!
    And good luck, hopefully you'll get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    Ohh so they didn't ask you questions like 'why medicine?', 'why liverpool?' Or other motivation/ethical questions? I have heard liverpool interviews are quite relaxing, hopefully mine won't be too bad!
    And good luck, hopefully you'll get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You surely can't expect her to tell you everything they asked in the interview.

By all means help each other, but until you get your offers you are all still in competition for places.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many interviews Liv give out?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.