Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAyman12)
    Just a little question, since you saw the moments question which was worth 14 marks in total.

How much do you think I would lose if I did everything right in part (a) but wrote the final answer incorrectly because of an calculation error I did 250/12 instead of 250/10 hence got part (b) wrong because of the last part but I did also use the right methods in part (b)?
    I believe the mark scheme will be set up like this:

M1 - Set up first equation using moments, A1 for setting it up fully correctly
    M1 - Set up second equation using moments, A1 for setting it up fully correctly

Then there will be M1M1 for solving the simultaneous equations using some method, with the final two marks being A1A1 for each correct value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    I believe the mark scheme will be set up like this:

M1 - Set up first equation using moments, A1 for setting it up fully correctly
    M1 - Set up second equation using moments, A1 for setting it up fully correctly

Then there will be M1M1 for solving the simultaneous equations using some method, with the final two marks being A1A1 for each correct value.
    So I can lose up to four marks?

ReputationRep:
    Can you get Solomon papers that are like whole past papers? On my school server the only ones are whole sheets of a topic each, if you get what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ursin)
    Can you get Solomon papers that are like whole past papers? On my school server the only ones are whole sheets of a topic each, if you get what I mean.
    http://www.tomred.org/c2.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Well done! I was annoyed because I was hitting 70+ in my past papers, then bam! Hard paper and got 65 raw marks...
    Thank you what I'm trying to say is M2 isn't much harder than M1, a little more calculus involved is all, is that your M1 score from January or is that what you've worked out you got in the exam in May?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anythingoo1)
    Thank you what I'm trying to say is M2 isn't much harder than M1, a little more calculus involved is all, is that your M1 score from January or is that what you've worked out you got in the exam in May?
    Yeah, I didn't see it as much harder, maybe moments on planes? :dontknow:

That's my official result... 85 UMS!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, just what I wanted

ReputationRep:
    So I can lose up to four marks?
    If you've done completely right in part a) but got the incorrect answers due to arithmetical errors, then you will lose 2 marks. I don't know how that would affect part b) though.

ReputationRep:
    If you've done completely right in part a) but got the incorrect answers due to arithmetical errors, then you will lose 2 marks. I don't know how that would affect part b) though.
    I'm re sitting

ReputationRep:
    I'm re sitting
    Wait and see what mark you actually get before making a decision like that. I don't know and you don't know how that mistake will affect you. The only thing that is fairly certain is that you will lose a couple of accuracy marks on the first part for not getting the correct mass/center of mass. You may well get follow through accuracy marks on part b) (I would be surprised if you didn't) and certainly would get the method marks for it provided you tackled the question correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Wait and see what mark you actually get before making a decision like that. I don't know and you don't know how that mistake will affect you. The only thing that is fairly certain is that you will lose a couple of accuracy marks on the first part for not getting the correct mass/center of mass. You may well get follow through accuracy marks on part b) (I would be surprised if you didn't) and certainly would get the method marks for it provided you tackled the question correctly.
    Well the only the only good thing I see is that I'm still in year 10 so I still have got some time. But I will eventually find out. Maybe the grade boundaries are going to be really low, I can only hope.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else's c3 cw get marked down? My entire class got four marks deducted by moderators. I would have got full marks My teacher appealed but the appeal was rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Yeah, I didn't see it as much harder, maybe moments on planes? :dontknow:

That's my official result... 85 UMS!
    85 is pretty good! Erm the moments definitely get more complicated, but there is a pattern to the questions which makes it easier
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    85 is pretty good! Erm the moments definitely get more complicated, but there is a pattern to the questions which makes it easier
    Sorry to intrude but what would you say was the hardest part of M2 for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding?

Please say you're.
    no?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritKing)
    no?...
    Well done.

ReputationRep:
    Hey DJ What do you think about the marks for the motorbiker and exerted on pulley question? I carried the wrong time over of 100 seconds (yes massive mistake) and for the exerted on pulley I stated a direction and wrote 2Tcos45 but somehow got the wrong answer of 12 root 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Sorry to intrude but what would you say was the hardest part of M2 for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did the edexcel spec, and it's quite hard to say, all the topics are manageable but it just depends on what sort of question they give you. Personally though, I'd say Statics of Rigid Bodies, but you could get a really nasty question on Collisions like I did in Jan and you do have to look out for Kinematics sometimes
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I did the edexcel spec, and it's quite hard to say, all the topics are manageable but it just depends on what sort of question they give you. Personally though, I'd say Statics of Rigid Bodies, but you could get a really nasty question on Collisions like I did in Jan and you do have to look out for Kinematics sometimes
    Well the thing I tend to struggle with is the Work-energy principle as I'd rather just use M1 techniques as I can't get the concept straight in my head yet, everything else tends to be alright
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Únie)
    did anyone else's c3 cw get marked down? My entire class got four marks deducted by moderators. I would have got full marks My teacher appealed but the appeal was rejected.
    I wasn't aware there was a math's course work component for any exam board let alone one complimentary for C3!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.