Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    It depends on the quote but in principle it's fine. Just remember words are limited so make the most of them!

For humour I'd steer clear for now, you never know what the sense of humour will be of the person reading. Don't get me wrong, a gsoh is important as a teacher! But the characters in your PS are so valuable I'd avoid it there, and be very careful with it at interview.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please Could I PM you the quote and section of the short paragraph? I just need an honest opinion from someone who doesn't know me. I'm not gonna send you my whole personal statement lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    Just pointing out, just because they have placements near you does not mean you'll get them.
    I understand that, my second choice uni has barely any within 20 miles of me, whereas the majority of the placements offered at Cardiff met are doable distance wise if you get me.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'm so not going to get on this year so pessimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Ahhh I'm so not going to get on this year so pessimistic.

Shhhh, they're going to love our Politics remember

ReputationRep:
    Since when did the website change to say November 21st as the date we can now apply?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    Shhhh, they're going to love our Politics remember
    Well it's my fault really, because I'm applying for R.E with a politics degree so yeah... I didn't want to go a citizenship PGCE though. I bet you'll be fine with primary. Politics can bring a lot to that.

Since when did the website change to say November 21st as the date we can now apply?? :eek:
    Woah woah woah. *checks* Good observation!!!

It doesn't exactly surprise me considering how behind they all seem.

ReputationRep:
    Ergh so annoying, I just to apply already!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen this too. Not a happy puppy! I have so much work to do in that time, the 1st of Nov is a much better time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you and the rest of you do during class experience?
    I took groups of children for lessons, observed teaching, helped with groups, heard children read, read to the class and took a phonics lesson. But this was primary... might be different for secondary.

So annoyed the application date has changed! I was just getting everything sorted for it!

ReputationRep:
    The application process is always behind for pgces unfortunately. Gttr always opened late and crashed, expect the same from this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Please Could I PM you the quote and section of the short paragraph? I just need an honest opinion from someone who doesn't know me. I'm not gonna send you my whole personal statement lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would be happy to and certainly wouldn't steal it, but it is against forum rules to share PSs like that (to stop people being plagiarised), yet unfortunately it looks like the PS advice service where you CAN share it is only open to undergrads...

EDIT: Actually, it is open to PGCE applicants, so I'd use it!

However I'd definitely advise posting on the PS help forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2397381 for further advice. Maybe, if it's possible, explain what the joke is about without using wording from your PS. You could also check whether your PS eligible to be posted for a check, and then post it... they are currently busy but you now have until 21st Nov to get it back it seems!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    I would be happy to and certainly wouldn't steal it, but it is against forum rules to share PSs like that (to stop people being plagiarised), yet unfortunately it looks like the PS advice service where you CAN share it is only open to undergrads...

However I'd definitely advise posting on the PS help forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2397381 for further advice. Maybe, if it's possible, explain what the joke is about without using wording from your PS. You could also check whether your PS eligible to be posted for a check, and then post it... they are currently busy but you now have until 21st Nov to get it back it seems!

xxx
    It's ok - thank you anyway though! I've decided to go to the careers centre at uni to discuss it there. And now I have a bit more time to get it sorted. I'll have a look at that forum in the meantime. Thanks again for he advice! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I'm guessing they've pushed the application date back because they still haven't decided what to do with the skills tests...

ReputationRep:
    21st November means it will be late for getting interviews etc!! :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the most annoyed about it being moved back, mainly because I still have written my personal statement. I'm feeling really behind with my organisation, because I've been ill for the past two months and I'm only just getting back on track. I thought I was going to have to take a leave of absence and apply next year so I'm still readjusting to being back in the game :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the most annoyed about it being moved back, mainly because I still have written my personal statement. I'm feeling really behind with my organisation, because I've been ill for the past two months and I'm only just getting back on track. I thought I was going to have to take a leave of absence and apply next year so I'm still readjusting to being back in the game :P
    What are you applying for?

Same here. The fact that it has been pushed back will allow me to have more time to work on my PS and gain more experience without having to submit my application later. Roll on the 21st!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    21st November means it will be late for getting interviews etc!! :/
    What do you mean by late?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by late?

I know that cumbria uni had arranged their first block of interviews for late november so thats at least 1 uni which will need to change plans due to the push back

ReputationRep:
    What are you applying for?

Same here. The fact that it has been pushed back will allow me to have more time to work on my PS and gain more experience without having to submit my application later. Roll on the 21st!
    Secondary r.e. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Secondary r.e. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    secondary mfl. hopefully mfl won't be very popular amongst postgraduates.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.