The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Newtothis83
End of this week. Beginning of next. Mostly next week though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know this? :smile:
Original post by joeymr
How do you know this? :smile:

I applied to A101 and had invite to interview on the 28th.

A100 had invites the week before.

But a google search would have given you the same answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 682
Has anyone received an interview offer yet?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 683
Original post by eheg123
Has anyone received an interview offer yet?

nobody has an interview yet...
Reply 684
This wait is agonisingly painful... :frown:
I'm not sure how many academic points I have. In GCSEs, I received a B in Biology, three A's in Chemistry Physics, English Language, and an A* in Maths. I also received a Distinction* in BTEC Music (which apparently counts as two A*s in GCSE). However, I'm not sure whether this would contribute to the academic score since it is a BTEC. Could someone help me out please?
Reply 686
Original post by 123456789012
I'm not sure how many academic points I have. In GCSEs, I received a B in Biology, three A's in Chemistry Physics, English Language, and an A* in Maths. I also received a Distinction* in BTEC Music (which apparently counts as two A*s in GCSE). However, I'm not sure whether this would contribute to the academic score since it is a BTEC. Could someone help me out please?

Leicester do say that look at equivalent qualifications but I doubt it would count for two A*s if it did, maybe 1. You could email them, but to be honest there's not much we can do now anyway. Remember you get additional points for A grades at AS :smile:
Reply 687
I'm driving myself slightly mad waiting to hear back from Leicester :flower2:
Original post by holly432
I'm driving myself slightly mad waiting to hear back from Leicester :flower2:

Same :/

Do you think they will go in order of points? i.e. start with 60/60?
Reply 689
Original post by g.k.galloway
Same :/

Do you think they will go in order of points? i.e. start with 60/60?

Hmm I don't know :confused: does anyone know if they did it last year? I imagine they might do though yes, although that's just me guessing :smile:

Do you know when Leicester begin to interview?

EDIT: just seen it says on their website
(edited 10 years ago)
Hmm I don't know :confused: does anyone know if they did it last year? I imagine they might do though yes, although that's just me guessing :smile:

I'm not sure...it makes sense for them to do it that way :/

I reckon interview invites will begin next week :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
I'm not sure...it makes sense for them to do it that way :/

I reckon interview invites will begin next week :smile:

Looking at last year's thread they started on the 21st. And it seemed to be scores 58-60 but may not be same this time round

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 692
Anyone else have an interview on the 17th of December? I didn't expect them to send out the invitations this month, if anyone has any advice on how to prepare for the mmi please do let me know. Also if any current medics at Leicester are on this thread any info about the course would be helpful. Thankyou!
Reply 693
Original post by medic77
Anyone else have an interview on the 17th of December? I didn't expect them to send out the invitations this month, if anyone has any advice on how to prepare for the mmi please do let me know. Also if any current medics at Leicester are on this thread any info about the course would be helpful. Thankyou!

Well done on getting an interview :smile: what is your score if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 694
Original post by medic77

Have you got an interview?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 695
Original post by StudentAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is what i was thinking
Hi guys this was posted on the Leicester website

"Posted on: 20 November 2013

We have now commenced emailing out invitations to attend an interview at the University of Leicester. This will be an ongoing process until the end of February 2014. Please do not contact us if you have not yet heard, as this delays our process.

Applicants should check their emails regularly and respond *promptly to any invitation they receive."

Fingers crossed.... we might hear soon..:smile:
Reply 697
Original post by medic77

Congratulations on your interview! Do you mind sharing what your score was?

Good to know there's some movement! A day earlier than last year too! :biggrin:
Reply 698
Original post by StudentAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep
Reply 699
Original post by Alumno
Congratulations on your interview! Do you mind sharing what your score was?

Good to know there's some movement! A day earlier than last year too! :biggrin:

The thing is Im really confused, all I got was an invitation to interview. I have no idea what my pre-interview score is, where do I get to see it??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending