Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Why not Max Planck? One of the founders of QUantum Theory, which in itself is probably some of the most exciting and crazy physics there is! Should be plenty to talk about with him
    Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about the two but I think Tesla has made a bigger difference to everyday people's lives.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    How many miles do you have to travel to get to sixth form?

I have to travel 10+ Miles.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about the two but I think Tesla has made a bigger difference to everyday people's lives.
    Tesla Graphics :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)

1 mile according to google maps

ReputationRep:
    That's very debatable! Without Quantum Theory there would be no transistors, so no computers, radios, TVs etc!

I know without electricity that wouldn't have been able to happen, but without Planck we couldn't have all these mobiles and things, no 'instant' communication or anything!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh my run was so bad today

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully my results will inspire me
    Haha hopefully mine will make me start physics AS :lol: although if I get a B I won't do it at AS :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    That's very debatable! Without Quantum Theory there would be no transistors, so no computers, radios, TVs etc!

I know without electricity that wouldn't have been able to happen, but without Planck we couldn't have all these mobiles and things, no 'instant' communication or anything!
    Tesla's work allowed that though. Planck may have had a bigger contribution but it wouldn't have happed if it weren't for Tesla. (Again, if I'm talking **** just ignore me. I don't know the full facts.)

ReputationRep:
    Also I was just thinking about someone different, that nobody else will choose. Tesla is still pretty well known so there is a much larger chance someone else in you class will pick him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Haha hopefully mine will make me start physics AS :lol: although if I get a B I won't do it at AS :unimpressed:
    If you did triple science then AS Physics won't be too bad. If you have a B at GCSE then an A at AS that shows great progress to Universities.

ReputationRep:
    Tesla's work allowed that though. Planck may have had a bigger contribution but it wouldn't have happed if it weren't for Tesla. (Again, if I'm talking **** just ignore me. I don't know the full facts.)
    Nah I totally understand where you're coming from, without Tesla there wouldn't be the AC for things to work on. However if we didn't have Quantum theory then there would be a lot less use of electricity in our lives, seeing as most people spend their time on phones and watching TV now days!

ReputationRep:
    Nah I totally understand where you're coming from, without Tesla there wouldn't be the AC for things to work on. However if we didn't have Quantum theory then there would be a lot less use of electricity in our lives, seeing as most people spend their time on phones and watching TV now days!
    Let's just agree that they are both fantastic and have both immensely changed billions of lives.

ReputationRep:
    I've been off exactly two months, Jesus that went quick
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Let's just agree that they are both fantastic and have both immensely changed billions of lives.
    They definitely have, some in good ways and some in bad.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no wasn't trying to argue or anything, I was just thinking of someone that you could do that would be completely different to the rest of your class and make you stand out!

Well just in case, a few others you could consider that are equally influential are:

Galileo (Jupiter's moons, championing the Copernican theory vs the church, telescope improvements etc.)

Faraday (magnetic field generating an electric current)

Kepler (for his laws on planetary motion)

Maxwell (discovering light was EM radiation, and showing that there was other types of radiation, electromagnetic equations etc.)

Sorry that's all I can think of off the top of my head!

ReputationRep:

100metres... I'm a boarder at my school :P hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no wasn't trying to argue or anything, I was just thinking of someone that you could do that would be completely different to the rest of your class and make you stand out!

Well just in case, a few others you could consider that are equally influential are:

Galileo (Jupiter's moons, championing the Copernican theory vs the church, telescope improvements etc.)

Faraday (magnetic field generating an electric current)

Kepler (for his laws on planetary motion)

Maxwell (discovering light was EM radiation, and showing that there was other types of radiation, electromagnetic equations etc.)

Sorry that's all I can think of off the top of my head!
    Okay thanks. I never did homework in lower school but I want to write a cracking essay to make a good impression on my Physics teacher.

ReputationRep:
    They definitely have, some in good ways and some in bad.
    Please elaborate. Not criticising, just interested.

ReputationRep:

I'm a boarder :3

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks. I never did homework in lower school but I want to write a cracking essay to make a good impression on my Physics teacher.
    Haha yeah good impressions are good especially first day in sixth form! I'm sure if nobody else does whoever you pick then that will be even better!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.