Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka is overrated. Nadal's draw opening up as always.

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka dumped out then - very disappointing. 6-0 in the 4th set as well. Murray has a proper shot at the semis now to face Rafa

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely stunning. Wawrinka out.

ReputationRep:
    Such a shame for Wawrinka. So disappointed Surprised the crowd weren't booing him after the 6-0 final set.

ReputationRep:
    Probably way too early to say this given that the tournament started just yesterday, but Wawrinka could also lose his No. 3 ranking if Federer makes RG semi-finals.

The experts predicted that Garcia-Lopez would be a very tough opening round, but I still thought he would find a way through - that's what's expected from a Grand Slam champion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    How ****ed up is it that Rafa is not even opening on Chatrier (centre court) for his opening match? 8 time champion, defending champion and world no.1 and they put him on Lenglen putatively because Ginepri wouldn't give him a match. Not like that mega tough match Novak is having against Sousa right now or the dogfight Federer had with Lacko yesterday ...

It's a snub if ever I saw one.
    He was meant to play on Tuesday but he requested to play on Monday instead so Lenglen was the only court that was available, no snub just them trying to be accommodating

ReputationRep:
    I get the feeling watching ITV's coverage that Bartoli is not Tomic's biggest fan.

ReputationRep:
    Both Australian Open champions are out. Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    Hewitt and Dimitrov also fell today. Raonic is the only half decent young gun left.

(Original post by Krish4791)
    Probably way too early to say this given that the tournament started just yesterday, but Wawrinka could also lose his No. 3 ranking if Federer makes RG semi-finals.

The experts predicted that Garcia-Lopez would be a very tough opening round, but I still thought he would find a way through - that's what's expected from a Grand Slam champion.
    Warwinka and Ferrer will lose a lot of points. Murray's points are effectively free and Del Potro will manage to stand still.

(Original post by Kado)
    I get the feeling watching ITV's coverage that Bartoli is not Tomic's biggest fan.
    He's regarded as arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    Murray has just won the first set against Golubev. A great set of tennis, beautiful counter-punching and court coverage. He hardly missed a shot and has really set the tone for the week. Confidence restored

ReputationRep:
    Just happened on Safarova's match and came across this player, Mandy Minella.

Hawt.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Defending champ Serena Williams out of the tournament - shock after shock here at Roland Garros! Bundled out in straight sets by Garbine Muguruza of Spain (who, to her credit, played extremely well)

ReputationRep:
    I think if she can hold her nerve Sharapova should be the favourite for the title now with Williams and Li Na out. Azarenka will be gutted this is the French Open she had to miss through injury

ReputationRep:
    Raonic and Federer both on court now.

ReputationRep:
    Federer and Raonic post wins - good tennis throughout both matches there. Tsonga also blowing past Melzer at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic won as well.

ReputationRep:
    Sharapova has brought it back!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Maria will now hold her nerve and win her 2nd RG. An opportunity missed for Venus as well with Serena going out, she could have made a deep run in a slam for once.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Maria doesn't win it all. I want a first time FO winner on both the men and women's sides. Preferably Murray but that's never gonna happen so I'll go with Nole coz he deserves it the most and maybe Radwanska/Jankovic for the women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would love for Nole to lose but I know it won't happen.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.