Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr211)
    it must've been a hard decision!

good luck
    Thanks. Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeah)
    Any Slade people applying for UCL halls? I have the option of a flat near tooting (only half an hour on the northern line to UCL if I can remember correctly) but I need to find another student to share with, so probably won't be possible this year...
    Hi, I'm going to UCL as well! i've applied for student houses. Umm I don't know a lot about London- but I had a quick look on google maps, and it seems like it's quite far away haha
    what sort of a flat is it- if u don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Is there someone still waiting Goldsmiths ???
    I went to interview two weeks ago, but until now nothing from them......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0702)
    Is there someone still waiting Goldsmiths ???
    I went to interview two weeks ago, but until now nothing from them......
    I know of one person who I think is still waiting. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelveticaBold)
    I know of one person who I think is still waiting. Good luck!
    Thanks~

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to the Grand Parade campus in Brighton? Maybe I'll be doing Moving Image

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiemcg)
    Got accepted to study Fine Art at Edinburgh and confirmed my place the other day, has anyone else?
    (Original post by Hayley W)
    Me too!
    I have confirmed ECA for the Fine Art course! What accommodation have you been looking at??

ReputationRep:
    So, after talking to students from both Goldsmiths and Brighton, I've finally decided to accept Goldsmiths.
    I still put Brighton as an insurance though, haha.

I'll see all you Goldsmiths people in September!
    Ooh i put brighton as my insurance choice too! I was debating between brighton and chelsea, but decided it didn't really matter since I'm almost certain i'll meet the conditions of my offer from goldsmiths If i don't pass the foundation something must have gone pretty wrong :P
    Deciding between chelsea, brighton and goldsmiths was a lot easier than i thought it'd be. After the interview at goldsmiths, I decided I liked it far more than I thought I would. The tutors and student interviewing me were so nice and we had a really interesting conversation. Other students I spoke to in the studios were also really nice. I had my heat set on it pretty much straight away. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themightybruce)
    Ooh i put brighton as my insurance choice too! I was debating between brighton and chelsea, but decided it didn't really matter since I'm almost certain i'll meet the conditions of my offer from goldsmiths If i don't pass the foundation something must have gone pretty wrong :P
    Deciding between chelsea, brighton and goldsmiths was a lot easier than i thought it'd be. After the interview at goldsmiths, I decided I liked it far more than I thought I would. The tutors and student interviewing me were so nice and we had a really interesting conversation. Other students I spoke to in the studios were also really nice. I had my heat set on it pretty much straight away. :P
    Yeah, after thinking about it for a while it became clear that Goldsmiths was the best choice for me. I just felt like I wasn't rejecting Brighton completely if I put them as my insurance. What course did you apply to at Brighton?
    Also, which halls are you looking at? I'm thinking either Chesterman House or Surrey House Annexe, as they're close to the campus but not to loud/crowded (I like my peace, haha).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleeeeanor)
    I have confirmed ECA for the Fine Art course! What accommodation have you been looking at??
    I'm so excited to start, terrified too though! I think I'm putting Chancellor's Court as my first choice, it's quite far away but like 10 minutes cycle. And then probably any of the other catered options for my 2nd & 3rd choice. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, after thinking about it for a while it became clear that Goldsmiths was the best choice for me. I just felt like I wasn't rejecting Brighton completely if I put them as my insurance. What course did you apply to at Brighton?
    Also, which halls are you looking at? I'm thinking either Chesterman House or Surrey House Annexe, as they're close to the campus but not to loud/crowded (I like my peace, haha).
    I was thinking Batavia Mews or Surrey House cause they're the cheapest... i don't get much in the way of student loan so i can't really afford to spend any more than necessary...
    I applied to Brighton fine art performance - what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking Batavia Mews or Surrey House cause they're the cheapest... i don't get much in the way of student loan so i can't really afford to spend any more than necessary...
    I applied to Brighton fine art performance - what about you?
    Ah, that's understandable.
    I applied for painting. Do you mostly do performance then? That's really interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's understandable.
    I applied for painting. Do you mostly do performance then? That's really interesting.
    Yeah, but I like any medium that you can interact with (happenings and installations etc,) but I use performance as a pretty loose term for a lot of things

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I like any medium that you can interact with (happenings and installations etc,) but I use performance as a pretty loose term for a lot of things
    Ooo, I love interactive art. Do you mean audience interaction? Like the Saints Alive exhibition last year. I'm a big fan of art that involves pressing buttons and stuff happening, haha. I've made some kinetic sculptures before, and I'd love to look into using animatronics in my artwork.

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, I love interactive art. Do you mean audience interaction? Like the Saints Alive exhibition last year. I'm a big fan of art that involves pressing buttons and stuff happening, haha. I've made some kinetic sculptures before, and I'd love to look into using animatronics in my artwork.
    Well I'm more inspired by happenings from the 60's, for example at the moment I'm trying to get together a bunch of people to create 'blank protests' as a way of creating a platform of debate about the issue of apathy Kinetic installation is a thing I've played around with a bit as well though You know - like creating a certain environment in a space in order to try make make people feel a certain way.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm more inspired by happenings from the 60's, for example at the moment I'm trying to get together a bunch of people to create 'blank protests' as a way of creating a platform of debate about the issue of apathy Kinetic installation is a thing I've played around with a bit as well though You know - like creating a certain environment in a space in order to try make make people feel a certain way.
    That sound really cool. I think creating an immersive environment like that is a great way to really affect people.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the Slade BA or MA shows in May?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeah)
    Is anyone going to the Slade BA or MA shows in May?
    Yeah, I'm going to be going to the BA show. Don't think I'll be able to make the MA though.

ReputationRep:
    Had my heart set on going to Brighton to do Fine Art (Painting) but now Wimbledon has come back into the picture and I have no idea which one to choose! Is one better then the other? I know Brighton is harder to get into but is it a better uni for painting? ahhh so confused and don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie_96)
    Had my heart set on going to Brighton to do Fine Art (Painting) but now Wimbledon has come back into the picture and I have no idea which one to choose! Is one better then the other? I know Brighton is harder to get into but is it a better uni for painting? ahhh so confused and don't know what to do
    Hi! I firmed my offer to study sculpture at Wimbledon and in my opinion it is a nice uni. The facilities I found were pretty good and I liked the creative atmosphere of the place. But the plus side to it also is you can use the facilities across all 6 of the colleges at UAL. I haven't been to Brighton but I know a friend who has and they said it was nice also but it is down to personal preference haha. I would go back through both of them, look at the course structures and what not then follow what your instinct tells you. Hope it helps haha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.