Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how do primary product dependency, savings gap and natural disasters cause absolute poverty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRR)
    how do primary product dependency, savings gap and natural disasters cause absolute poverty?
    P.P.D: Prebisch-Singer hypothesis- countries that depend on primary products end up with reduced terms of trade.

Savings gap: No money in domestic savings lead to low investment, leading to low capital accumulation and then low savings. It's a vicious cycle.

Natural disasters: shakey shakey earthquakey no time for holla holla get dolla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4.2.0)
    P.P.D: Prebisch-Singer hypothesis- countries that depend on primary products end up with reduced terms of trade.

Savings gap: No money in domestic savings lead to low investment, leading to low capital accumulation and then low savings. It's a vicious cycle.

Natural disasters: shakey shakey earthquakey no time for holla holla get dolla
    Would you use prebisch singer in evaluation or analysis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livaren)
    Would you use prebisch singer in evaluation or analysis?
    Depends on the question! But if it was asking you about factors limiting growth, PPD and Prebisch-Singer + example would be the KAA, and evaluating that would need another example of a country which has thrived from primary products.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to wish everyone good luck for this afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    I only revised growth n development n a bit of globalisation lol

ReputationRep:
    good luck guys! though you dont need it. I bet competitiveness will come up haa

ReputationRep:
    good luck pals! lets hope for development or absolute poverty

ReputationRep:
    anyone know the balance of payments for the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Current Account – £ -15 962m
    Financial Account + £ 5 785m
    Capital Account + £1000 m
    net errors and Omissions + £9177 m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 44289)
    anyone know the balance of payments for the UK?
    (Original post by Arthur0296)
    Current Account – £ -15 962m
    Financial Account + £ 5 785m
    Capital Account + £1000 m
    net errors and Omissions + £9177 m
    lmao

Three papers in a day..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areddishherring)
    Finally over!
    way to freak me out!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areddishherring)
    Three papers in a day..
    how'd u find it?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, let's **** **** up. May the grade boundaries be ever in your favor.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do question 3 about constraints to growth and whether development was dependent on growth? LOVED IT. and did Russia and oil etc. for Section B. Anyone got any rough answers?

Such a relief to get that over with!!

Also lol know I haven't posted before but just found this thread... a bit late :'D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasmineD)
    Anyone do question 3 about constraints to growth and whether development was dependent on growth? LOVED IT. and did Russia and oil etc. for Section B. Anyone got any rough answers?

Such a relief to get that over with!!

Also lol know I haven't posted before but just found this thread... a bit late :'D
    I did question 1 and 4(the Russia and oil question)
    I found it an easy paper, but found 4(b) was a bit difficult (why relative poverty is decreasing while Inequality increasing? what did you write in that answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edward Cullen)
    I did question 1 and 4(the Russia and oil question)
    I found it an easy paper, but found 4(b) was a bit difficult (why relative poverty is decreasing while Inequality increasing? what did you write in that answer?

Yeah that was definitely the most challenging one I think. Do you mean 4c? 4b was just establishing what was happening. I said that inequality was increasing and poverty decreasing because of the rich getting more than proportionately richer than the poor were getting richer (if that makes sense haha) And how the increases in oil prices (70% of gov rev) meant increase in benefits for the poor and more progressive tax etc. etc. that explained the decrease in relative poverty, but JUST enough to get them out of relative poverty. Then evaluated by saying they were still then proportionately poor compared to rich.

If ANY of that makes sense to be honest for 4b and c my answers were a bit of a hot mess :P

ReputationRep:
    There goes my A... Didn't even finish misse out 2 evaluations and only did 2 points and 1 evaluation on the last question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.