St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants Watch

anishapol
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin18)
I still havent heard

they said they'd start sending out interview notifications for sps today at lunch time...

yasmin, i really think you should phone them up urgently because, one of my friends who is applying for SPS phoned up, they said they'd already emailed her. Turns out her hotmail account had sent it directly to the rubbish bin! So they had to email her again. :yep:
splee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lux Astraea)
Hey, so I (finally!!) got my official invitation and I was just wondering how are we supposed to send the confirmation slip back to them? If I mail it to them chances are that I'm going to get there before the paper ever will. Could I maybe fax it to them, or simply scan it and email it?
Well I scanned it and attached it with my email.
Of course, I mailed the hardcopy too, though I am quite sure that it takes at least 10 days to reach Britain. =.=
Another question, for you who have to give an admissions test: did your invitation mails or emails actually say "admissions test" somewhere? Because mine just detailed the date (Dec 10) three different times (9 AM; 9:35 AM and 1 PM) and then the names of my interviewers besides their corresponding times. The 1 PM event didn't have any interviewer's name besides it, so maybe that's my test, but it doesn't say so, and that's a bit confusing.
Also doesn't the test supposedly come before the interviews?
Yes it is the one without the interviewers' name. But mine stated "Thinking Skills Assessment" explicitly.... So perhaps you might want to ring them up.
qwailobouleh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Btw i was just wondering, anyone else heading to Cambridge for an interview on the 11th?
Lux Astraea
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay. I've faxed them the confirmation slip and I'll mail it tomorrow morning. I can't email it, though; my hotel doesn't have a scanner.

And I guess I'll just ask about my test when I get to Cambridge. I'll be staying there for four extra days after all.

One question: are all of your first interviews directed by a tutor that has nothing to do with your subject of choice, or is it just me? I'm kinda curious (and mildly terrified) as to what kinds of specific questions could a physicist ask a philosopher applicant!

Thanks for the advice! I hope you all do brilliantly!
Yasmin18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aaaaaaaaaaa
Ive finally got my interview dates, too

and yaii, it's also on the 11th

Im so excited now

btw: also e-mailed the slip
anishapol
Report 10 years ago
anyone with interviews on the 15th? there should be sum law applicants? mikeharris have u got urs yet?
gallopingsnail
Report 10 years ago
back from my interview (history), very intense.
I_Am_Abbas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gallopingsnail)
back from my interview (history), very intense.
Hope it went well for you, I'm sure you did better than you think at the moment :yep:
Lux Astraea
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Interviews are supposed to last approx. 30 minutes right? Well, my first interview is at 9 AM in "I8 (b&c) New Court" and then my second one is at 9:35 AM in "Boys Smith Annex, Fisher Building". Does anyone know whether I'll be able to get from the first place to the second one in less than 5 minutes?

Also, is any of you staying overnight on the 9th? Anybody else got an interview on the 10th?

Hope you all do great!
Yasmin18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Interviews are supposed to last approx. 30 minutes right? Well, my first interview is at 9 AM in "I8 (b&c) New Court" and then my second one is at 9:35 AM in "Boys Smith Annex, Fisher Building". Does anyone know whether I'll be able to get from the first place to the second one in less than 5 minutes?

Also, is any of you staying overnight on the 9th? Anybody else got an interview on the 10th?

Hope you all do great!
heyya yeah exactly the same with me with those interview times, I was slightly confused, too.

and I will be there from the 10th - 13th, if you'd like to have a chat.
gallopingsnail
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I_Am_Abbas)
Hope it went well for you, I'm sure you did better than you think at the moment :yep:
thanks, i hope it went ok, just came out feeling so drained to be honest, pretty intense questioning.

Both of mine lasted half an hour, you should be able to make it, provided your fast one starts and finishes on time. I would check before hand that you know exactly how to get from to the other. New court is pretty much next to the fisher building from what i recall.

Good luck all!
qwailobouleh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Btw i was wondering who was staying the night of the 10th , that is the peopel who have interviews on the 11th. Because some people from my school who went for interviews last year said they just got bored wandering around. So i was wondering if anyone wanted to hook up for the day. I'll be there from around midday on the 10th.
Senem_09
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
im staying on the 10th though my inteview is on th 10th. Ill be sketching around the city, got brown hair, green eyes. you might se me around.

also - i ddnt get a response for my interview confirmation sheet saying they had recieved it, is that important or am i just getting paranoid?
Yasmin18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by qwailobouleh)
Btw i was wondering who was staying the night of the 10th , that is the peopel who have interviews on the 11th. Because some people from my school who went for interviews last year said they just got bored wandering around. So i was wondering if anyone wanted to hook up for the day. I'll be there from around midday on the 10th.
heya yeah Ill also be around that date. are you staying at st.johns?
qwailobouleh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin18)
heya yeah Ill also be around that date. are you staying at st.johns?
Yes i am.
gilash89
Report 10 years ago

Hope you all do great!
You think you have problems;my first interview is on the 16th at 11.20 and then my second one is at 11.45! Fortunately I don't think the two places are that far apart. The first one is in the new court and the second one is in the second court. though if the interview does take half an hour, I doubt I'll be able to get from there to the second court in minus 5 minutes!
splee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gilash89)
You think you have problems;my first interview is on the 16th at 11.20 and then my second one is at 11.45! Fortunately I don't think the two places are that far apart. The first one is in the new court and the second one is in the second court. though if the interview does take half an hour, I doubt I'll be able to get from there to the second court in minus 5 minutes!
Would you stay at St John's for the night of the 16th? Perhaps we could meet!
Mags07
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmmm, anyone up for perhaps some sort of gathering on the 10th/11th?

I'm arriving at about noon on the 10th and apart from the few hours I'll probably be spending having a nervous breakdown during my interviews (Approx. 3 - 5pm), I haven't a clue as to what I'm going to do with my time. Anyway yeah, I was just thinking it would be pretty good if a few of us could get together and go exploring or something?

Just a thought :wink2:.
gilash89
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by splee)
Would you stay at St John's for the night of the 16th? Perhaps we could meet!
No I'm coming in the morning by train and then I'm leaving by train in the afternoon. Are you staying overnight on the 15th. If you are we might be able to meet in the morning or if not I'll definitely see you at the TSA.

Are you schooling in Hong Kong? I actually lived there for a year quite a while back.
splee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No I'm coming in the morning by train and then I'm leaving by train in the afternoon. Are you staying overnight on the 15th. If you are we might be able to meet in the morning or if not I'll definitely see you at the TSA.
No my interview is in the afternoon, and I'll stay overnight on the 16th - perhaps they expect I would be so tired after the interview.

Are you schooling in Hong Kong? I actually lived there for a year quite a while back.
Yes I am now living and studying in Hong Kong.

Why did you come to Hong Kong? I am curious how you feel about this city
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1528)
79.29%
Leave (399)
20.71%

Watched Threads