Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Physics Applicants Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Physics course(s) are you going to apply for?
    Physics BSc
    26.85%
    Physics MSci
    49.54%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths BSc
    7.41%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths MSci
    15.74%
    Physics with Astrophysics BSc
    7.87%
    Physics with Astrophysics MSci
    12.50%
    Physics and Philosophy BSc
    1.39%
    Physics and Philosophy MSci
    4.17%

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from imperial? I applied on the 30th November and all I've gotten back was a confirmation that they had received my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliem29)
    Anyone got offers from Bristol? I applied in like November and nothing yet apart from an email saying it may take a while. If you have offers what grades were they?
    AAB got my offer in October

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone Been declined by UCL or Imperial? I sent my application on 1st October and haven't heard a word! Ive seen a lot of being going for interviews and getting offers etc... but has anyone actually been rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillB639)
    Anyone Been declined by UCL or Imperial? I sent my application on 1st October and haven't heard a word! Ive seen a lot of being going for interviews and getting offers etc... but has anyone actually been rejected?
    I'm in the same boat I applied in November and haven't heard from either since getting confirmation of receiving the application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here applying for Physics with a Foundation Year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Is anyone here applying for Physics with a Foundation Year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What A-Levels are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraa97)
    Has anyone got an offer for Leeds? They said they'd get back to me in a few days but that was a month ago... :/
    I have an offer from them, they sent it around 3 days after the applicant day (if you haven't been to one that's probably why they haven't got back) this was back in November time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarsAndWounds)
    I'm in the same boat I applied in November and haven't heard from either since getting confirmation of receiving the application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are your predicted and AS grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraa97)
    Has anyone got an offer for Leeds? They said they'd get back to me in a few days but that was a month ago... :/
    Yeah Leeds got back to me fairly quickly compared to my other choices, i recieved my offer around the start of December. I never attended an applicant day though.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Durham yet? A lot of my friends have received offers from other departments....... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7k7)
    Has anyone heard from Durham yet? A lot of my friends have received offers from other departments....... :P
    I have one friend who's applied to Durham for Maths, and has an offer (it's his lowest choice so when they saw his application they probably panicked and sent him one straight away).
    Another friend who has applied for Physics did a summer school (and will get a lower grade offer thanks to it) hasn't even gotten his guaranteed offer from them.

ReputationRep:
    I havent heard back from Exeter, Sussex or Northumbria yet and sent my application off on december 19th.. anyone heard from these 3?? ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_k62)
    I havent heard back from Exeter, Sussex or Northumbria yet and sent my application off on december 19th.. anyone heard from these 3?? ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heard from Exeter and Sussex but I sent mine relatively early

ReputationRep:
    Exeter interview all applicants I think so would get invited to interview day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7k7)
    Yeah I got my Physics offer not long ago, my friends haven't heard from Maths/Chemistry though

ReputationRep:
    Applied in October but still haven't got a decision from Durham yet- does that mean a likely rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live in Colwall, Worcestershire. I'm studying Maths, Physics and RS and hoping for AAA. Particle physics and astrophysics. St Andrews. Applying for Physics and/with philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Applied in October but still haven't got a decision from Durham yet- does that mean a likely rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not in the slightest, most offers will be in the next month or two

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received an offer from Bristol for either Physics or Physics with Philosophy? I have heard from all four of my other options.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.