Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    UCL doesn't seem to be a very popular choice for economics on this thread for some reason, it's like everyone wants to go to Warwick lol
    I'll chose UCL over Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applying for Economics and Politics? I have offers from Bristol and Manchester so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I'll chose UCL over Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol same, is UCL your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    lol same, is UCL your first choice?
    Cambridge, LSE then UCL but its safe to say the first two are never going to happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Don't expect to get in and everything will be a pleasant surprise that's what I'm doing. I'm starting to think its more likely for me to get into Cam than it is to get into LSE...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LSE seem unpredictable Yep, I think its say to safe id be shocked if I got into either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 789tom789)
    Economics and Finance, sent it on the 3rd.
    congrats man

may i ask what your stats are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabim26)
    congrats man

may i ask what your stats are?
    Posted very recently, should be about 6 pages back

ReputationRep:
    You have just basically said I don't appreciate Economics, which I take as a bit of an insult. Personally I think very good UMS in AS Maths and an A* prediction in A2 Maths proves I have the "decent mathematical grounding".
    Umm, no I didn't mean to offend. I simply said that as an economist, you should appreciate the need for maths and you should understand why LSE would strongly recommend FM.

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, I heard back from Bristol very early around early November, LSE before Christmas, Cambridge early January, UCL late January, and Warwick very late around March. I applied around the Oxbridge deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    If it helps, I heard back from Bristol very early around early November, LSE before Christmas, Cambridge early January, UCL late January, and Warwick very late around March.
    Warwick why are you doing this to me Thanks man, helps a lot. Shouldn't expect any offers until Christmas now, which is basically what LSE said anyway. What offers did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I got my Warwick offer 2 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    Umm, no I didn't mean to offend. I simply said that as an economist, you should appreciate the need for maths and you should understand why LSE would strongly recommend FM.
    No I understand what you mean don't worry. I don't think you worded it particularly well the first time but I agree with the quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyElectron)
    For straight Economics? Do you think you have done/achieved anything in particular that would warrant them granting a place very quickly?

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, I heard back from Bristol very early around early November, LSE before Christmas, Cambridge early January, UCL late January, and Warwick very late around March. I applied around the Oxbridge deadline.
    That does help, thanks makes me feel better about having no offers. It has only been a week, but I feel really anxious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For straight Economics? Do you think you have done/achieved anything in particular that would warrant them granting a place very quickly?
    Yes straight Economics. Not too sure. Maybe a good PS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyElectron)
    Is Warwick your first choice? When did you send ypur application off? Congratulations btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! LSE is my first choice. My two week email ended this Monday and have not received any updates. I sent my application on 27th Sept and got the offer on 6th Oct

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've just seen this thread and I wanted to share some experience and knowledge with you. I thought maybe it could help to deal with the excitement and tension.
    I applied for management (LSE) and straight econ (LSE, UCL, Warwick, Cambridge) on 23rd Sept. On 1st Oct I got a conditional offer from Warwick, but I am waiting for final decisions from the other 4 unis. Until now I have received the 8 week email for my 2 LSE courses and UCL requested further information about my grades.
    Keep us up to date about final decisions from your unis. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDothraki)
    Hey guys, I've just seen this thread and I wanted to share some experience and knowledge with you. I thought maybe it could help to deal with the excitement and tension.
    I applied for management (LSE) and straight econ (LSE, UCL, Warwick, Cambridge) on 23rd Sept. On 1st Oct I got a conditional offer from Warwick, but I am waiting for final decisions from the other 4 unis. Until now I have received the 8 week email for my 2 LSE courses and UCL requested further information about my grades.
    Keep us up to date about final decisions from your unis. :-)
    Ooh wow congrats! You've applied to really competitive courses!

So jel of your warwick offer, I really want to go there ((((

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    That does help, thanks makes me feel better about having no offers. It has only been a week, but I feel really anxious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's perfectly natural don't worry

Warwick why are you doing this to me Thanks man, helps a lot. Shouldn't expect any offers until Christmas now, which is basically what LSE said anyway. What offers did you get?
    all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.