Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My brother is getting his GCSE results tomorrow. I cannot escape his pessimism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    My brother is getting his GCSE results tomorrow. I cannot escape his pessimism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PUNCH HIM WITH WORDS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey new to the thread here. Quick Q I go to a really science focused school like every third person in my year wants to do medicine. Most of my form group do all sciences and all of them do at least one. Most of the time it is fine but my form tutor is a science teacher and he keeps bashing my subjects calling the teachers lazy and the facilities antiquated, like he asked me whether we used scrolls in the classics dept rather than books and then laughed at me in front of everyone. It is not like I am bad at science or really hate it (I got all A*s in triple science IGCSE) I just prefer arts. It really got me down last year as I am not a bad student (I am the only one in our form who is a prefect and I have an academic scholarship), but he never takes an interest in anything I am doing (other than when I am even the slightest bit behind with work, at which point he puts pressure on me to drop a subject as I do 5) even though he is supposed to help us all with UCAS, but he seems to have loads of time for the scientists . I don't know whether to confront him about this or just continue to ignore him??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms.B.Badger)
    Hey new to the thread here. Quick Q I go to a really science focused school like every third person in my year wants to do medicine. Most of my form group do all sciences and all of them do at least one. Most of the time it is fine but my form tutor is a science teacher and he keeps bashing my subjects calling the teachers lazy and the facilities antiquated, like he asked me whether we used scrolls in the classics dept rather than books and then laughed at me in front of everyone. It is not like I am bad at science or really hate it (I got all A*s in triple science IGCSE) I just prefer arts. It really got me down last year as I am not a bad student (I am the only one in our form who is a prefect and I have an academic scholarship), but he never takes an interest in anything I am doing (other than when I am even the slightest bit behind with work, at which point he puts pressure on me to drop a subject as I do 5) even though he is supposed to help us all with UCAS, but he seems to have loads of time for the scientists . I don't know whether to confront him about this or just continue to ignore him??????
    Confront him!! Don't let this potentially ruin your school life! Maybe talk to one of your other tutors or someone higher up if need be. You can't let this slide. Maybe see if you can change tutor groups or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    TBH it sounds like a bit of banter :dontknow: Obviously I don't know the full story and tone of voice and whatever can make all the difference, but from what I've read here nothing here sounds really malicious. He's a bit of a douche for not helping with UCAS, although it could possibly be down to him having more expertise in dealing with science people (not an excuse at all, that's unacceptable, but it could be the reason behind it). If it's really embarrassing you and affecting you a lot then maybe ask to be put into a another form with a teacher more experienced in arts subjects, but unless it's really making you upset I wouldn't kick up a fuss TBH. Just think of a witty response to his crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    Confront him!! Don't let this potentially ruin your school life! Maybe talk to one of your other tutors or someone higher up if need be. You can't let this slide. Maybe see if you can change tutor groups or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the advice I just feel super lonely at times in my form. I get on well with everyone I just never see them because we don't have any lessons together. The head of sixth form is my greek teacher so I think I'll talk to him about it. I just don't like how the scientists at my school get all up themselves like their subjects are the only ones that are difficult.

ReputationRep:
    PUNCH HIM WITH WORDS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha the temptation is strong... but I'll feel bad about it tomorrow if he actually does badly (he probably won't).
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'd speak to the Head of Sixth Form myself.

ReputationRep:
    Rather than confronting him and making it incredibly awkward between the two of you maybe just talk to your head of sixth form as a bit of a mediator

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks for the advice I just feel super lonely at times in my form. I get on well with everyone I just never see them because we don't have any lessons together. The head of sixth form is my greek teacher so I think I'll talk to him about it. I just don't like how the scientists at my school get all up themselves like their subjects are the only ones that are difficult.
    Sorry to hear that mate. I don't really speak to many people in my form either but I've never had an issue with it as we only have registration together and at break/lunch I can just go and hang out with people from other classes. By all means go to your head of sixth form, but if the people you're on about *really* see themselves as above you for doing sciences and it's not just a joke then just ignore em. You've only got a year to go and they're not worth your time.

A-Level science isn't even difficult what are they on.

ReputationRep:
    I do hang out with people from my other classes but I have a lot of classes by myself because I am the only one in the year who does greek. Yeah I'll just ignore them thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    I understand. I hope it all gets sorted for you and you feel better!:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise that the Year 13 thread is out for so long already!!! Hope you guys had a nice summer and fantastic AS result!
    One more year before graduation!!

ReputationRep:
    Has it been a year since we got our GCSE results? Feels like it was so long ago :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Has it been a year since we got our GCSE results? Feels like it was so long ago :moon:
    I feel so old now aha, it's so weird though. It's been a year but like in a few months I'll be 18. It feels like it should be longer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I remember that day... I had afternoon tea, it was pretty great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I remember that day... I had afternoon tea, it was pretty great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got mine text to me while walking up an Icelandic volcanic ridge... That was amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TLHroolz)
    I got mine text to me while walking up an Icelandic volcanic ridge... That was amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    An Icelandic volcanic ridge? That sounds incredible! I'm very jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hahaha I remember that day. It pissed with rain and I went to college so that my friend's older sister could enroll. Then we sat in Costa with b/c we were all p. miserable. Then on the way home this drunk woman asked me for money for a bus so I gave her £2 and she stumbled awkwardly in the wrong direction and into the road. Then I went home and went to sleep.

What an exciting day.

ReputationRep:
    So far there's only been 1 gcse kid on my Facebook who's posted their results, I'm sure there'll be many more to come -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.