Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So it's decisions week I guess, then we'll find out next week sometime I'd presume. With the older system it makes sense that it would have taken them a while to collate results from the selection centre, as there were essays to mark and a group task to analyse as well. With the MMIs it should literally be a case of averaging the six stations out and setting a cut-off. Then they say they take references into account (somehow) before giving out an offer. I don't think it should take more than a week to do that for 360 applicants (and probably far less than that given some people have dropped out!)

So, next week is the week right? Wednesday onwards is also April so their rough schedule would be met.

Nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    So it's decisions week I guess, then we'll find out next week sometime I'd presume. With the older system it makes sense that it would have taken them a while to collate results from the selection centre, as there were essays to mark and a group task to analyse as well. With the MMIs it should literally be a case of averaging the six stations out and setting a cut-off. Then they say they take references into account (somehow) before giving out an offer. I don't think it should take more than a week to do that for 360 applicants (and probably far less than that given some people have dropped out!)

So, next week is the week right? Wednesday onwards is also April so their rough schedule would be met.

Nervous!!
    I feel it'll take longer... king's had fewer interviews and still took 3 weeks to give out any decisions even though they also had to only rank people

Next week would be nice, but I'm not optimistic, especially with the bank holiday weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do you know how they take work experience into account (or is it just to verify that you meet their 70+ hours requirement?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pyramid_song28)
    do you know how they take work experience into account (or is it just to verify that you meet their 70+ hours requirement?)
    I was also wondering if they rank us based on our work experience. If they did it would be annoying because I didn't put some of my experiences on the form as I just thought we had to exceed 70 hours, plus I couldn't be bothered to ask for references from all of them...

ReputationRep:
    Think I remember reading somewhere that they just collate the scores at mmis and give offers to the highest scoring applicants.

It's going to be a long 1-5 weeks! Let the waiting game begin...

ReputationRep:
    They only confirm you have a minimum of 70 hours. You're ranked by interview scores and also checked that your reference is decent. In the rare case of there being multiple people on the cut-off point you can then rank by other factors normally (UKCAT for example, or by lowest MMI station score).

ReputationRep:
    Just looking at last years thread ... And 545 people were invited for interview for 230 offers !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H-W-T)
    Just looking at last years thread ... And 545 people were invited for interview for 230 offers !
    I keep finding myself feeling optimistic and fantasising about starting as a medical student in September, then realising there is no offer yet and actually it didn't go great! Haha. Torture waiting But the odds are good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    I keep finding myself feeling optimistic and fantasising about starting as a medical student in September, then realising there is no offer yet and actually it didn't go great! Haha. Torture waiting But the odds are good.
    Matt I believe it is meant to be for you... You talked about the resilience in the interview but you have shown immense resilience by never giving up over the last few years.. You deserve this more than anyone I have met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H-W-T)
    Matt I believe it is meant to be for you... You talked about the resilience in the interview but you have shown immense resilience by never giving up over theblaatvfew years.. You deserve this more than anyone I have met
    There's definitely a fine line between resilience and not knowing when to give up however! Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    There's definitely a fine line between resilience and not knowing when to give up however! Thanks though
    I agree, you've been so resilient. I've found this cycle really stressful, as we put so much in to it. The odds are so good for Warwick and it's so difficult to give up on something you want so much... I hope your perseverance pays off this cycle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)

I agree with everyone. You truly have been resilient and I really hope you get in this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Going_To_California)
    I agree, you've been so resilient. I've found this cycle really stressful, as we put so much in to it. The odds are so good for Warwick and it's so difficult to give up on something you want so much... I hope your perseverance pays off this cycle!
    (Original post by danisk)
    I agree with everyone. You truly have been resilient and I really hope you get in this year
    And to you both Warwick TSR classmates '19!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Im exactly in the same position as you!!! No offer but feeling optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Going_To_California)
    I feel it'll take longer... king's had fewer interviews and still took 3 weeks to give out any decisions even though they also had to only rank people

Next week would be nice, but I'm not optimistic, especially with the bank holiday weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year interviews were same time and offers came out on third of April onwards ( howevee just after a load of rejections )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)
    I think I had her! Glad it wasn't just me then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just seen this and am so happy you guys felt the same way, I was at 11 on Thursday and was so worried she just didn't like me! I spoke to a friend after who's been lectured by her, apparently she's lovely so hopefully it's just her interview style...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Warwick do offer holder open days like other unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_r94)
    Just seen this and am so happy you guys felt the same way, I was at 11 on Thursday and was so worried she just didn't like me! I spoke to a friend after who's been lectured by her, apparently she's lovely so hopefully it's just her interview style...
    Which one are we referring to? I had a lovely lady (long, greying hair) and then another one who was very stern and reminded me of a PE teacher. Both Middle Aged. I'm wondering if people are referring to the latter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateg7)
    Which one are we referring to? I had a lovely lady (long, greying hair) and then another one who was very stern and reminded me of a PE teacher. Both Middle Aged. I'm wondering if people are referring to the latter...
    The lady who was asking about insight and experiences was the one I found to be very stern. The other ladies who interviewed me were all lovely, particularly the one who was asking about the scenario where a friend asked you to sign them into CBL sessions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_r94)
    The lady who was asking about insight and experiences was the one I found to be very stern. The other ladies who interviewed me were all lovely, particularly the one who was asking about the scenario where a friend asked you to sign them into CBL sessions.
    Yeeeep, had her. Upstairs right? I've heard she's lovely so it must have been to throw us off — which means I assume we did well if we didn't go "errr WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME?!"

(Original post by H-W-T)
    Does anyone know if Warwick do offer holder open days like other unis?
    (Original post by ranelagh75)
    WMS do hold open days for enrolling students. Usually it is in late June.
    I asked by email a while ago and got this:

Regarding your enquiry, offer holders are invited to attend an Acceptance Event usually in the first week of July where there will be a chance to meet fellow students, academics and staff.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.