OCR Physics A G484 - The Newtonian World - 11th June 2015 Watch

MathsAddict
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Oraeng)
Yep and further maths. Doing M1 and M2 so along with G481 and G484 I feel like a mechanics wizard this year Definitely a good thing since I'm gonna be doing engineering at uni! Guessing you do maths too hence the username?
I wish i did Further Maths instead of Chemistry . My School doesn't offer that option sadly and i am quite lazy. How did you find M1? same i want to do mechanical engineering at uni
Oraeng
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MathsAddict)
I wish i did Further Maths instead of Chemistry . My School doesn't offer that option sadly and i am quite lazy. How did you find M1? same i want to do mechanical engineering at uni
I think further maths is easier than chemistry after dropping chemistry last year (as long as you are quite good at maths). Not done M1 yet - I do AQA so it's on Friday.
Which uni? I am deferring a year but hoping to go to bath on their mechanical engineering course.
Elcor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope we get a maths question with a black hole involved, that would be pretty rad.
Flux_Dubstep
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This exam has got worse mark schemes than g481
MathsAddict
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think further maths is easier than chemistry after dropping chemistry last year (as long as you are quite good at maths). Not done M1 yet - I do AQA so it's on Friday.
Which uni? I am deferring a year but hoping to go to bath on their mechanical engineering course.
Thats why i feel like i shouldn't have continued chemistry it sucks and is actually difficult compared to maths and physics for me.
AQA exam board oh i see hopefully they wont do anything stupid. Why differ a year?
MathsAddict
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
I hope we get a maths question with a black hole involved, that would be pretty rad.
I hope its like 35/60 marks of calculations with like 5 marks definition. That would be a definite A and then some reasoning bull**** question another 5 marks.
MathsAddict
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just finished june 2009-june 2014 papers took like 40 mins each thank goodness i can chill now.
Oraeng
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thats why i feel like i shouldn't have continued chemistry it sucks and is actually difficult compared to maths and physics for me.
AQA exam board oh i see hopefully they wont do anything stupid. Why differ a year?
Oh well, chemistry would've been my second choice if not further maths.
I scored an internship with a company in bristol
MathsAddict
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh well, chemistry would've been my second choice if not further maths.
I scored an internship with a company in bristol
Congratulations! but wouldn't it better to do a sandwich year and then do it in between? Dunno seems more efficient to me but either way excellent choice.
Elcor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope its like 35/60 marks of calculations with like 5 marks definition. That would be a definite A and then some reasoning bull**** question another 5 marks.
I'd love it if it was 60/60 maths.
Oraeng
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Congratulations! but wouldn't it better to do a sandwich year and then do it in between? Dunno seems more efficient to me but either way excellent choice.
Thanks! I may do both, there's no reason why I couldn't
Spoke to many people about it and everyone said I will be better equipped, more focused and confident about my goals when I start my degree. I'm not in a huge rush to get to uni so I hope taking a good break from education and pressures of exams for a year will do me good too. Also gives me chance to save up and go travelling for a month at the end of it (I could go on lol)
MathsAddict
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
I'd love it if it was 60/60 maths.
Same man i would kiss examiners forehead if physics was 80% maths 20% writing.
MathsAddict
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks! I may do both, there's no reason why I couldn't
Spoke to many people about it and everyone said I will be better equipped, more focused and confident about my goals when I start my degree. I'm not in a huge rush to get to uni so I hope taking a good break from education and pressures of exams for a year will do me good too. Also gives me chance to save up and go travelling for a month at the end of it (I could go on lol)
Hmm true a break is definitely needed i am losing sleep in my back to back exam season.
Elcor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Really useful video lecture on G484 if you want to recap on all the the content in a teacher-student style (this guy has loads of other videos too, so annoyed I only just found this channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqT9kEOtxk
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
Really useful video lecture on G484 if you want to recap on all the the content in a teacher-student style (this guy has loads of other videos too, so annoyed I only just found this channel)

47mins for one video?! How do you watch it all

I switch off after 5 minutes
Raizel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same and also its the fact that for some reason my maths module m1 helps with all the suvat and forces. I still have 6 exams to go and just done 4 this week. So i hope to juggle and try to remember as many things as possible.
Yeah true, I feel like after doing m1 physics became very understandable and from that everything slowly started to fit in place.
I have had 7 exams so far and have 7 left =/.
The g484 exam clashes with 2 other exams I have, A2 arabic (3 hours) and economics (2 hours) which both revolve around writing essays which (incoming sarcasm) I love soo much. but the g484 exam will be the first one I do. so that's not too bad.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raizel)
Yeah true, I feel like after doing m1 physics became very understandable and from that everything slowly started to fit in place.
I have had 7 exams so far and have 7 left =/.
The g484 exam clashes with 2 other exams I have, A2 arabic (3 hours) and economics (2 hours) which both revolve around writing essays which (incoming sarcasm) I love soo much. but the g484 exam will be the first one I do. so that's not too bad.
They can't make you do all those on the same dayl
Raizel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)

Thanks for the video bro, appreciate it very useful.
Raizel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
They can't make you do all those on the same dayl
Well they are, but don't worry its ok because apparently I 'Might' get compensation on the last exam I take (econ) of 2%. The exam is out of 80 marks, so lets say I get full marks which gives me the highest value of the bonus, that means I get an extra 1.6 marks.

Fantastic. 6 hours and 15 min of fun.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raizel)
Well they are, but don't worry its ok because apparently I 'Might' get compensation on the last exam I take (econ) of 2%. The exam is out of 80 marks, so lets say I get full marks which gives me the highest value of the bonus, that means I get an extra 1.6 marks.

Fantastic. 6 hours and 15 min of fun.
Well I hope they give you sufficient breaks

Policy is to stay with an invigilator overnight and sit one the next day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (328)
37.27%
No - but I will (71)
8.07%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (418)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise