Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Up quark)
    Yep, that would seem very strange but I dont know. I guess this depends in what stage of his life he was in, the context, who gave the food etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Has anyone read about the vedas and how the prophet's (saw) coming was predicted? Thoughts on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's his stage of life got to do with anything? And you can easily look at the contexts, as even that narration says, the companions were surprised because obviously in similar situations he (saw) did share. You seem to be trying to hard to find something negative instead of appreciating that Muslims can learn a valuable lesson from this instance - to not make someone feel bad when they feed us. Other narrations emphasise this point too when we're told to not saying anything if we don't like the food someone has cooked but praise it when we do.

ReputationRep:
    Report and ignore the troll.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder how all the trolls only ever find the ISOC to troll :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    I have a question. I am outrageously good looking, and i have quite a few girls who have bad intentions....you knw

My question being, what is the most intimate thing i could do with a woman if we are not married?
    You are not as good looking as me though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    Dude must be old skool, still on 3 red gems...I wonder how he didn't find his way here earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Dude must be old skool, still on 3 red gems...I wonder how he didn't find his way here earlier.
    LOL :lol: Better late than never they say :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    What's his stage of life got to do with anything? And you can easily look at the contexts, as even that narration says, the companions were surprised because obviously in similar situations he (saw) did share. You seem to be trying to hard to find something negative instead of appreciating that Muslims can learn a valuable lesson from this instance - to not make someone feel bad when they feed us. Other narrations emphasise this point too when we're told to not saying anything if we don't like the food someone has cooked but praise it when we do.
    Nvm tpos. I just think of silly things and almost find excuses for disbelieving. I guess you're right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    It's ok, we've all most likely seen it. No need to advertise in our thread.
    LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Writing a post on increasing islamic knowledge. Let me know what you want me to include.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Writing a post on increasing islamic knowledge. Let me know what you want me to include.
    What exactly do you mean this post will be about?

ReputationRep:
    The Mods are quite fast today. Around 3-4 of my reports have been answered in under 2 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Nice
    Besides reading Qur'aan how more can one be educated and share their knowledge to others (If you want to include this in your post )

ReputationRep:
    Here we go...https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...263239760&_rdr

ReputationRep:
    The Mods are quite fast today. Around 3-4 of my reports have been answered in under 2 minutes.
    Yep, so true I just received a notification so quick

ReputationRep:
    Must all be avoiding revision or something

ReputationRep:
    Quite like this article on the Prophet (saw) even though it's just a basic overview of who he was. http://www.therevival.co.uk/article/you-must-know-man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Yep, so true I just received a notification so quick

(Original post by Tpos)
    Must all be avoiding revision or something
    GetFunky! is also a mod now. Creeping sharia of Muslim mods :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    GetFunky! is also a mod now. Creeping sharia of Muslim mods :teehee:
    I don't know that user but GetFunky did just respond to my report. Seems like having more Muslim mods is definitely helping us out

ReputationRep:
    http://lostislamichistory.com/the-ba...-slave-revolt/

^^Very interesting read about a slave revolt orchestrated by Bahia Muslim slaves, Brazil 1835.

"The people who organized the revolt were exclusively Muslim scholars. Due to the strength of the Muslim community, they were well respected by the people and held in a position of honor and esteem.

These Muslim scholars, as well as many others, used the mosques as a base of operations. There they discussed plans for revolt, stored weapons, and educated the local Africans. It was through these mosques that Malam Bubakar distributed his call to jihad (holy struggle, or military resistance). He wrote out a document in Arabic that called on Muslims to unify in preparation for the coming revolt against their Brazilian masters."

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.