Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    Would this be enough for 6/6 for a01 of the strange situation

Ainswroth conducted a controllen observation recording the reactions of a child and mother who were introduced into a strange room with toys. 100 American infants and there mothers took part. Infants behaviour was observed during a set of pre determined activities which involved the child experiencing eight episodes for 3 minutes. the child is observed playing for 20 mins while the caregiver stranger enter and leave the room, Observer notes the childs willingness to explore, seperation anxiety stranger anxiety and re union behaviour. they found that 70% were securely attached and 15% were insecurely resistant/avoidant.

How many marks would this get me for a01 please
    Thats pretty good, I would say to ensure the full 6 marks just add the conclusion "attachment depends how quickly and sensitively mother reacts to child"
    personally think 5/6

ReputationRep:
    Guys don't worry. Yes many people will tell you it Tizard but I know you won't do Baddeley.

Just a few puns to lighten the mood

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did a past paper question about the effects of age on accuracy, and I wrote about Yarmey's findings, in the text book it says that he found a significant difference in the accuracy of recall between older and younger participants. In the mark scheme it says he found no differences in the ability of older participants to recall physical characteristics of a young woman. So would I not get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    Guys don't worry. Yes many people will tell you it Tizard but I know you won't do Baddeley.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We've got a real comedian here :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobodycarescarla)
    Thats pretty good, I would say to ensure the full 6 marks just add the conclusion "attachment depends how quickly and sensitively mother reacts to child"
    personally think 5/6

But someone said you have to talk about the 8 episodes in detail which i didnt is this true to get full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya98)
    I did a past paper question about the effects of age on accuracy, and I wrote about Yarmey's findings, in the text book it says that he found a significant difference in the accuracy of recall between older and younger participants. In the mark scheme it says he found no differences in the ability of older participants to recall physical characteristics of a young woman. So would I not get the marks?
    He didn't find a difference other than that younger adults were more confident in their recall. However, Memon found that when the delay of an incident and identification task was delayed (a week) older participants were less accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobodycarescarla)
    Systematic research technique for analysing non-numerical data.
    Decide upon what may emerge in text to be analysed and create a coding system based on predetermined themes. Collect a large number of examples from chosen sample and catergorise items found in material according to coding units. Such as themes, words or character.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicajohowe)
    Content analysis is using pre-existing materials (i.e. in the media, such as TV adverts, newspapers etc). The researcher decides on a coding system, so decides on specific words/topics/behaviour they want to look for and simply measure how many times it appears
    Thanks )

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone outline and evaluate the EPPE and NICHD enough for a 12 mark essay on daycare? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    For anyone that is struggling with research methods .. here is a revision booklet it's really useful.

https://word-view.officeapps.live.co...wdMobileHost=2

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This made my day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanScience)
    Can anyone outline and evaluate the EPPE and NICHD enough for a 12 mark essay on daycare? Thanks
    I would probably start off with talking about the EPPE project.
    Say that it involved 3000ppts information on their parents, home environment and pre-school setting collected. Used home children as a control group and found that there was a positive effect on children's intelligence, that there's better sociability etc
    Then for the AO2 i'd probably compare it and contrast it with the information found in NICHD.
    Either way around, the question could still be answered well

ReputationRep:
    For anyone that is struggling with research methods .. here is a revision booklet it's really useful.

https://word-view.officeapps.live.co...wdMobileHost=2

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is super helpful, thank you ;-;

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question regarding actual findings.
    Say we had to use Bowlby's 44 Thieves in an answer, would we have to know all the specific findings or could we only reference few? I'm struggling to learn all of the specific findings in order and in the correct categories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    But someone said you have to talk about the 8 episodes in detail which i didnt is this true to get full marks
    My teacher set us a 12 mark question on this, and I mine was very similar to the one the other person put forward and I got 6/6 for A01. I did put slightly more detail, but the extra detail I had was kind of unnecessary. Putting descriptions of all 8 episodes and then the rest of the study as well as an AO2 evaluation would take you well over 15 minutes. It would be very cruel for AQA to expect you to outline the study including all 8 episodes.
    All I put was '....8 episodes which were developed to trigger certain behavioural categories, allowing them to identify the attachment type of the infant. Some episodes included separation from the primary care giver, reunion with the caregiver or the presence of a stranger (etc)'

ReputationRep:
    Am i right in thinking that as long as the study is identifiable then you don't have to include the name and you won't lose marks? Obviously it is better to remember the researcher and year, especially for the main studies though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talpenny)
    Am i right in thinking that as long as the study is identifiable then you don't have to include the name and you won't lose marks? Obviously it is better to remember the researcher and year, especially for the main studies though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you're right with that, as long as the examiner recognises it and it isn't made up then you're fine

ReputationRep:
    difference between critical and sensitive period in Bowlbys theory?? THANKS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Montypower)
    Weakness: Central Executive is simplistic and vague. The model itself doesn't really explain what the central executive is, apart from being involved in attention.
    Strength: Shallice and Warrington support WWM due to KF's study of a brain damaged patient impaired STM, his problem was that immediate recall of words was presented verbally but not visually. This suggests that he had an impaired articulatory loop and this is evidence supporting WMM.

If anyone has anymore, please feel free to add some.
    One strength of the model is it sees rehearsal as an option process which is more realistic than MSM especially since we don't rehearse everything we remember. The model is also able to better explain how we can successfully so 2 separate take are the same time when they involve different stores but why we struggle when we do tasks involving the same stores.

ReputationRep:
    Reading this makes me nervous. I started my revision today...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.