Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james3254)
    For reference - I found my email from Nottingham in the junk folder. It reads as follows and states you hear within 2 weeks if unsuccessful -

"Thank you for your application to the University of Nottingham. As you may be aware your chosen programme is very popular, attracting large numbers of applications from highly qualified candidates. We realise that you will want to be notified of our decision as soon as possible, and we will not hold your application unnecessarily. Within two weeks of your application being received by the School of Law it will be subject to initial analysis. Those candidates who clearly meet or exceed our standard entry requirements and who score highly in the LNAT will be made an offer shortly after this initial analysis. Applications from candidates who clearly meet or exceed our standard entry requirements but who do not score so highly in the LNAT will be gathered and held. Those candidates who do not clearly meet our standard entry requirements and/or who do not score highly in the LNAT will not be made an offer. Candidates in this latter category can expect to be informed of our decision within two weeks of their application being received by the School of Law. Details will be communicated to you through the UCAS system in the usual manner. In order for your application to be considered further, it will be necessary for us to have your results from the LNAT test. If you have already taken the LNAT test, you do not need to do anything further. We will recover your test results from Pearson Vue. Please also note that if you took the test previously, for entry in September 2015, it will be necessary to re-take the test this year. Please also be sure to enter the names of the Universities to whom you have applied on your LNAT form. If you have already taken LNAT this year, but did not enter the names of the Universities you have now chosen, you should re-visit your LNAT registration and complete that section of the form; you need to have taken the LNAT test before 15 January 2016.
    Best regards, The Undergraduate Admissions TeamThe University of Nottingham"
    I got this as well, I interpreted it as I probably didn't do well on the LNAT.

Has anyone heard of any Nottingham law offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    Just applied to Warwick, Exeter, Newcastle, Leeds and Liverpool today; glad I don't need to stress about it anymore and can just focus on A-levels, can't be happier. How long does it takes generally for these universities to reply?
    Thanks
    I've applied to basically the same as you but York instead of Exeter and I've heard from all but Warwick! Liverpool was the same day I sent it though I know people that got theirs a couple of weeks after they sent it, Newcastle was next within a week of sending and I got one from Leeds on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    I received ABBD at AS in business,history,English and economics. My predicted grades are A*A*A, I have conditional offers for Law in Cardiff (AAB), Exeter (AAA), Swansea (ABB) and Reading (AAA), still waiting to hear from Bristol? What are my chances of receiving an unconditional offer/one of my choices changing my offer to unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    Need help with the LNAT exam!! Anyone have any advice??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebaexx)
    I myself and 6 of my other friends have already received our offers for Warwick law. I personally applied and got the offer a few hours later on the same day.
    Ah ok - I was clearly wrong then! Congratulations on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, any info is good! I have heard something about law schools taking long time to respond, so I guess it's just the waiting that we need to do. When did you sent your application?
    Some people responded to my post on here and it seems like Warwick has sent some law offers, but they're moving more slowly than other universities. I've had nothing yet though - I sent my application about 3 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbbieWilliams)
    I've applied to basically the same as you but York instead of Exeter and I've heard from all but Warwick! Liverpool was the same day I sent it though I know people that got theirs a couple of weeks after they sent it, Newcastle was next within a week of sending and I got one from Leeds on Thursday.
    Wow, you must have a really impressive application if Liverpool offered you a place the same day you sent it! I actually thought about applying to York instead of Exeter, but decided against it the last minute before sending my application because interview seemed like a bit of an inconvenience.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you must have a really impressive application if Liverpool offered you a place the same day you sent it! I actually thought about applying to York instead of Exeter, but decided against it the last minute before sending my application because interview seemed like a bit of an inconvenience.
    Liverpool is my insurance but it was probably just luck as to when my application came up!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Britstol, UCL, Kings (LNAT next week), Cardiff and QMUL:
    offers from Cardiff (AAB) and QMUL (A*AA);
    On whatuni.com it says that Cardiff's drop-out rate is 23% which seems stupidly high - anyone know why this is or if it's true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarwickH)
    Need help with the LNAT exam!! Anyone have any advice??
    Hi I posted about my LNAT experience in another thread, not sure how to quote it here so ill just copy and paste!

"Yeah i did the LNAT in September and sent application on the 15th October I thought it went reasonably well, I flagged 4 or 5 questions for review at the end, and was pretty confident in all of the answers I then settled on, bar one which was one of two things I couldn't decide on so guessed. I'd recommend having some sort of strategy in terms of time management, and practice it on past papers if possible. For example, there are 42 multiple choice questions and you have 95 minutes to complete and check them all. If you spend just under two minutes on each question and no longer, flagging ones unsure on, you will have about 15 minutes left to go back and check through all your answers. The essay question I chose to answer was something about prosecuting people for offences in the past, which I felt good writing about, but whether or not it was any good is obviously subjective and dependant upon the tutor reading it :eek: Again in terms of time, you have 40 minutes from the moment you start reading the three questions. So choose one quickly, and spend 5 minutes or so planning, 25-30 minutes writing and 5 minutes checking. Remember there is no spell check so carefully check your work. Hope this helps if you haven't taken the LNAT yet, and if you have, hope it helps others - and how did you find it?"

Is what i wrote then

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Exeter! 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application off last Monday and I've received offers for Law with French/French Law from Kent (AAB), Liverpool (AAB), Hertfordshire (280 points) and Sheffield (AAB-ABB).

Still waiting for a decision from Bristol which is my firm! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I myself and 6 of my other friends have already received our offers for Warwick law. I personally applied and got the offer a few hours later on the same day.
    wait seriously?! what are your grades/predicted grades?! I applied four weeks ago!

ReputationRep:
    I'm freaking out about the LNAT on the daily. And my referee still hasn't finished entering my predicted grades and reference oh gooooood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviward36)
    wait seriously?! what are your grades/predicted grades?! I applied four weeks ago!
    offers can sometimes take longer for different people- it doesn't always mean anything. For example, my QMUL offer took a month, whilst for some it took a week. It depends on who your admissions tutor is, etc etc. Don't think to much into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbbieWilliams)
    Liverpool is my insurance but it was probably just luck as to when my application came up!
    Poor Liverpool, everyone I know who are applying to do law put Liverpool as an insurance choice. Pretty much explains their acceptance rate of >90%, because only 20% actually go there and everybody else goes to their first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviward36)
    I didn't do gcse, got 5As in AS and predicted 4A* for A2
    Good luck to you xx

ReputationRep:
    KCL offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful---)
    KCL offer!
    Congrats!! 🎉🎊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do gcse, got 5As in AS and predicted 4A* for A2
    Good luck to you xx
    So, Warwick is your insurance then?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.