Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneale)
    I messaged them on Facebook and they said time played no factor in how well you did in the stage 2 tests.

I was also contemplating putting in a SAR under the DPA, was going to mention it on here but see a few others already have! Will message them on Facebook for the address.
    That's strange as I thought one of my friends got a response saying the opposite. Maybe I'm mistaken.
    Anyway would be interesting to see what the scores are of people who just missed out!

ReputationRep:
    It might be a possibility that a lot of people did very well so a lot of scorers tied on stage 2. They did say on their Facebook page in that case they would then go by the score of the WSQ on stage 1.

I would say a SAR would be the way to go. It might even be possible to obtain anonymised statistical data on stage 2 scores through the FOI Act if someone really wanted to go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I've messaged them asking for the address where I should send the SAR to, and who I should make the £10 cheque payable to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmyknx)
    I see some of you applied to the Hidden Economy Tax Investigators (Grade O).

Do we know whether HMRC recruited for the Grade HO too? Or perhaps they will soon? I am looking to apply for the HO, not the TSP. Any info on this would be much appreciated!
    They haven't thus far but am also looking out for HMRC HO positions. Just keep looking at the Civil Service Jobs portal. I saw the O one by chance.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received their AC invite today? Just wondering if they have started sending them out yet.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing for me yet. When they say the dates will be emailed between the 6th and 20th, I'm assuming those who are emailed first have their ACs first? Otherwise it seems a bit unfair in regard to time to prepare etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snuffleupagusish)
    Has anyone received their AC invite today? Just wondering if they have started sending them out yet.
    They'll be sorted over the next two days for the day and time etc.

Btw, a generic O/HO campaign just finished for 450 posts and the hidden economy one for 250 posts approx nationwide closed on 28th Dec for that.

Tbh, I doubt they'll do another HO recruitment campaign but I'd say the O campaigns will be put out again for different departments. The HO posts are filled quickly with internal promotions usually.

ReputationRep:
    I received a reply on Facebook with regards to the potential SAR - they told me to submit to their usual email address - no mention was made of where to send the cheque to, so they may do it without the fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneale)
    I received a reply on Facebook with regards to the potential SAR - they told me to submit to their usual email address - no mention was made of where to send the cheque to, so they may do it without the fee.
    That sounds promising. Which email address did you use? The portal method is limited in characters, I think. Can you just reply to their recruitment email address?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeAcc)
    They'll be sorted over the next two days for the day and time etc.

Btw, a generic O/HO campaign just finished for 450 posts and the hidden economy one for 250 posts approx nationwide closed on 28th Dec for that.

Tbh, I doubt they'll do another HO recruitment campaign but I'd say the O campaigns will be put out again for different departments. The HO posts are filled quickly with internal promotions usually.
    Oh that's a bit worrying then; I would have really liked to have gone into the AC with a bit of a safety net knowing that I could perhaps score a bit lower and still get a good role.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I've been invited to the AC and had the email as described by others. Just wondering where this feedback tab is? Am i missing something?

ReputationRep:
    Fist time messenger. Well done to everyone who achieved place at A/C.

Anyone applied for Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome! Cardiff is my second choice l, I'm really hoping for Bristol if I do get an offer though.
    (Original post by Dan Price)
    Fist time messenger. Well done to everyone who achieved place at A/C.

Anyone applied for Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahGrad777)
    Welcome! Cardiff is my second choice l, I'm really hoping for Bristol if I do get an offer though.

Thank you. Well done on getting a place. I live in South West Wales so Cardiff is the only feasible location for me unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough. I guess we're not going for the really popular ones like London, so maybe it'll be ok. Have you had your email yet with the date and info pack?

ReputationRep:
    With a bit of luck!!

Not yet Im not sure if anyone has?

ReputationRep:
    No one on here yet, though they did say they were sending them in batches from yesterday, so I assuming some have theirs

ReputationRep:
    Which London location would we actually be working at if we were to get a spot?

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit unrelated but does anyone know how long civil service departments in general get through initial sifts for AO applications?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else's status changed to 'scheduled for assessment'? No time/date given it just says

'Your assessment slot is booked
    Please arrive at least twenty minutes before your slot.'

The relevant documents are also available under the attachments tab.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.