Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Awesome. Lets build houses alongside motorways and on top of our farmland, after all its not like we have 65 million (and rapidly rising) mouths to feed

Good thinking Einstein
    Exactly. Moronic post Betelgeuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElephantMemory)
    That's not really a good explanation. I personally feel the most vulnerable should be top priority. If thousands of people are literally risking their lives and the lives of their children to get over here, then they need attention more than any group within the UK. Where they were born is irrelevant to me.
    Then what is the point in people paying damn taxes all their life and having a government when that money will never be there for them when they need it but will be for people who have never contributed a pound to this country or it infrastructure?

Imagine you work all your life and pay 1 million £ in taxes. Your aged 55 and get cancer and need treatment that costs £100k ... How would you feel if the government wouldnt pay for your treatment but would use that 100k to help somebody from a different country??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElephantMemory)
    That's not really a good explanation. I personally feel the most vulnerable should be top priority. If thousands of people are literally risking their lives and the lives of their children to get over here, then they need attention more than any group within the UK. Where they were born is irrelevant to me.
    idiocy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shepard)
    I absolutely would not. They have no business being here at all. I don't care that there's a war and they've left their homeland. They are a different (inferior) culture to us and I wouldn't care if they ALL drowned rather than made it here. It is ludicrous that we're allowing this inferior sub-species of human to come into our country. The fact that many will be muslim makes it 10x worse as well.
    You're absolutely disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    I need to stop posting in this thread because I am absolutely positive the OP is just trying to troll or antagonise people. I refuse to believe someone can be so ignorant, racist and self assured whilst being so ungrateful for the privileges and quality of life this country and its people affords her and all of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixsilver)
    So you don't plan to work, ever? Perhaps the state should support you...

I repeat: why not take in a British homeless person from our own country that needs help? Why don't they, your own people, take priority?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least with a British homeless person, you can be reasonably assured that they have the basics of citizenship if they care to exercise them - an NHS number, access to computers and the internet in libraries and work centres, access to food packages. You can't be so sure about that when it comes to refugees from other countries. I may be wrong in this, but it seems to me that they need our help somewhat more than Britain's homeless.

ReputationRep:
    I need to stop posting in this thread because I am absolutely positive the OP is just trying to troll or antagonise people. I refuse to believe someone can be so ignorant, racist and self assured whilst being so ungrateful for the privileges and quality of life this country and its people affords her and all of us
    Racist because I believe Syrians are in desperate need of support? Is this where I bow down to David Cameron? Because this ain't North Korea. Ofcourse I'm grateful to God and I'm grateful for the doctors and great lecturers and even if the healthcare wasn't free I would have paid out of my own pocket,I didn't said I wouldn't. You're the one getting worked up over nothing,calm down and have a beer or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Racist because I believe Syrians are in desperate need of support? Is this where I bow down to David Cameron? Because this ain't North Korea. Ofcourse I'm grateful to God and I'm grateful for the doctors and great lecturers and even if the healthcare wasn't free I would have paid out of my own pocket,I didn't said I wouldn't. You're the one getting worked up over nothing,calm down and have a beer or something

Hypocrisy.

You do nothing but empty and senseless talk.

I don't believe even a word of yours. We still didn't see you to invite 'syrians' in your house. You are still here in tsr busy to convince the others to help and somebody else to spend money but not you.

If you were helping to them, you would be busy with these people, you would not have time to waste here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    At least with a British homeless person, you can be reasonably assured that they have the basics of citizenship if they care to exercise them - an NHS number, access to computers and the internet in libraries and work centres, access to food packages. You can't be so sure about that when it comes to refugees from other countries. I may be wrong in this, but it seems to me that they need our help somewhat more than Britain's homeless.
    A nation's duty is to protect and care for it's citizens first, foreigners outside come second.

ReputationRep:
    Some morning news.

People in Eastern Europe are terrified from the 'refugees'.

I just read comments from common people in an online tv website. People ask questions what the politicians will do, because the winter is coming and these 'refugees' will demand housing. The 'refugees' cannot spend the winter in tents, Europe is not Syria and the winter in Europe is different.

People are terrified and expect unrests and conflicts. People are afraid from killing, thefts and raping etc. they expect raise of crimes.
    The 'refugees' don't have income from regular jobs and nobody expects them to start working soon. Common European people ask questions who is going to pay these expenses.

It is obvious that Europe cannot provide housing for such a number of demanding people all at once.

Reading news and comments in different media in Europe, I get terrified too. Even in my imagination I couldn't make a guess about such consequences.

Germans are terrified too. If you only know what I read in German media....

ReputationRep:
    Wait to see the new coming Arabs...

That woman above <the OP> is nothing compared with the authentic Arab arrogance.....

You will all remember my warnings and words when you see it with your eyes only.

THEN you will see who is the racist and fascist .....and how much Islam is a fascist ideology....THEN you will face their attitude of demanders and invaders.

Wait just a little bit to see them....in Britain...

The sad news is that it will be too late if they enter the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm35)
    I believe it's referring to facial characteristics.

Caucasian was not really defined as colour, previously.
    I believe you're talking crap. I can accept that native americans looked kind of mongolian but indians ain't australians mate. Just no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm33)
    Seems you missed a Science lesson or two.

Green = Caucasoid Race
    Yellow = Congoid Race
    Pink = Capoid Race
    Blue = Mongoloid Race
    Red = Australoid Race

One can clearly see Arabia is coloured in Green.

You claimed you are not "colour-bind" so you should be able to see that map clearly.
    Somali's are black... Not caucasian -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteSatin)
    Wait to see the new coming Arabs...

That woman above is nothing compared with the authentic Arab arrogance.....

You will all remember my warnings and words when you see it with your eyes only.

THEN you will see who is the racist and fascist .....and how much Islam is a fascist ideology....THEN you will face their attitude of demanders and invaders.

Wait just a little bit to see them....in Britain...

The sad news is that it will be too late if they enter the country.
    Like it or not but the refugees are still flooding in to Europe and theres pretty much nothing you (a citizen of this country) can do about it. So everything you have been cluelessly yapping about is a total waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synchyst)
    Like it or not but the refugees are still flooding in to Europe and theres pretty much nothing you (a citizen of this country) can do about it. So everything you have been cluelessly yapping about is a total waste of time.

No, it is not a waste of time.

People need to be aware about the reality.

Also, communication is not a waste of time.

I learn a lot in a simple chat, do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synchyst)
    Somali's are black... Not caucasian -.-

It was a trap.

That is the fascist theory, check above.

Everybody trying to convince you that Somalians are white and Caucasian is idiot.

I am not aware and educated in the racists theories, I am afraid. When I see a human, I see a human, not the colour of the face.

Fascists see colours, not faces. That is the difference for me.

That is why I only laughed last night for the attempt to involve me in a fascist and racists theory.

Of course nobody can believe it - it is obvious that it isn't true.

haha, Arabs haha Caucasians....go to see them in Middle East, no way to believe it

What a racists trial to prove Arabs are white....why that effort, why that fuss??????? I cannot understand why, can you?

All these trials to BUY A WHITE WOMAN AND TO RAPE HER....and to look white...that is sheer fascism and racism in action.....

Arabs are crazy to look white. For me this is the ideal proof they are racists. Who bothers so much about colours ONLY in order to have white children, good God....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    This, which is pretty much the same reason we should not simply fling open the door to these people as a country

Russian roulette with unidentified persons from ISIS land and Boko Haram land anyone? :yeah:

Apparently so.. :hmmm:
    Not even children? See I don't understand how that works seeing as he was talking about helping a homeless Brit off the street whom he doesn't even know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normies Out)
    A nation's duty is to protect and care for it's citizens first, foreigners outside come second.
    Sure. A nation's citizens, however, may care for whom they please. And many would see it as their duty to care for whomever needs their care most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    So from what I've read of your posts thus far, here is what I understand:

You've made a thread to criticise people for not housing Syrian people when your only excuse for not housing homeless British people is that you don't identify as British.. Well strangely enough British people don't tend to identify as Syrian...

You mocked a poster that suggested he'd be kind enough to let refugees camp in his garden and provide them with supplies, are you expecting him to move out of his house and camp in the garden so the refugees can live in his house?
    Better still maybe he could live on the street, that's even more room!

It's ok for you with your large house and seemingly endless pots of money that you never have, or seemingly ever will work for, but perhaps you would feel differently about giving strangers a place to stay in your house for free if:

a) you needed the rent from your spare rooms to get by.
    b) you actually had a job and couldn't afford to be at home all day and risk theft or damages to a house left under the care of a complete stranger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo F)
    So from what I've read of your posts thus far, here is what I understand:

You've made a thread to criticise people for not housing Syrian people when your only excuse for not housing homeless British people is that you don't identify as British.. Well strangely enough British people don't tend to identify as Syrian...

You mocked a poster that suggested he'd be kind enough to let refugees camp in his garden and provide them with supplies, are you expecting him to move out of his house and camp in the garden so the refugees can live in his house?
    Better still maybe he could live on the street, that's even more room!

It's ok for you with your large house and seemingly endless pots of money that you never have, or seemingly ever will work for, but perhaps you would feel differently about giving strangers a place to stay in your house for free if:

a) you needed the rent from your spare rooms to get by.
    b) you actually had a job and couldn't afford to be at home all day and risk theft or damages to a house left under the care of a complete stranger.
    I don't remember criticising and forcing the issue in anyone. Almost half the people on here are upset that I don't want to help homeless Brits. That ain't my problem. If they want to,they should but they shouldn't be dictating to me who I should be helping first. He said something along the lines of they shouldn't talk to him like they're subhuman species or something

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 19, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.