Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had English offers from Lincoln, Liverpool, Leicester, Chester or Nottingham Trent? I'm waiting on my tutor's reference but curious to see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diksha.kundlani)
    I've applied to Bristol, Birmingham, Loughborough, Durham and UEA for Psychology Bsc. I received an acknowledgement email from Bristol and conditional offers from Loughborough and UEA.

But has anyone heard from Birmingham or Durham? Do they tend to be slow? If so, do I have to wait until March or so?

-Diksha
    Afaik Durham are take their time with offers, some people have them but most are left for a while until Jan-Mar. I've applied but nothing yet, too, heard from others that they take a while. I guess they just like to wait for a lot to come in before deciding who gets in :P

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Physics and got an unconditional from Strathclyde 9 days after I sent my application, and then an unconditional from Glasgow 5 days after that. It was pretty unexpected and has been one of the best feelings. I'm still waiting on St Andrews, Imperial and Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from Reading and UEA within four days and about a week later Oxford Brookes. I am still waiting for a reply from Surrey and Sussex, have many people recieved a reply from either of these yet?

Got an offer from Glasgow 3 days after I sent my application away! They got back to me the 12th October for Biomedical Engineering! I have a friend who got an offer for Anatomy as well a few days after me.
    So Glasgow are dishing out the offers right now!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do business management and marketing
    Uni of Birmingham: Offer received AAB
    Uni of Cardiff: Awaiting
    Loughborough Uni: Offer received AAB
    Leicester Uni: Offer received ABB
    Exeter Uni: awaiting offer

sent it off early october :-)

ReputationRep:
    Children's Nursing at the University of Surrey - applied on October 10th, interview offer on October 22nd, interview held on November 3rd and a conditional offer made a record 27 hours later

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Chester within 4 hours of sending application to UCAS. Had offers within 2 days from Loughborough and Portsmouth.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has, from Kent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily.smile)
    I got offers from Reading and UEA within four days and about a week later Oxford Brookes. I am still waiting for a reply from Surrey and Sussex, have many people recieved a reply from either of these yet?
    STILL waiting for a reply from Reading :/ but maybe it's because I'm applying for an Art course and there's more to consider (portfolios, interviews, etc...)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I applied to kings,city,surrey,Royal holloway and Reading for Business Management. My referee hasnt sent it yet. I just want to know how long do they usually take to send an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah-meg)
    Has anyone had English offers from Lincoln, Liverpool, Leicester, Chester or Nottingham Trent? I'm waiting on my tutor's reference but curious to see!
    I had an offer from Chester to do English Lit within 24 hours of applying

ReputationRep:
    Got 3/5, just waiting for decisions from Cambridge and LSE.
    Warwick AAA
    Birmingham AAB or ABB with A in extended project
    Leicester ABB or BBB with B in extended project

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily.smile)
    I haven't had an offer from Surrey yet, or an acknowledgement

ReputationRep:
    Kent were really fast at making an offer, a week after I sent my application in (6th October). Southampton and Portsmouth have since then, however Chichester still haven't and now is the only one I'm waiting for. Has anyone got any offers from them yet or now how long they take (maybe from previous years) as I'm curious? I did get an acknowledgement and I'm applying for History btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    lol, dw it will be back on Monday. Plus, sometimes it comes back from maintenance early.
    aha thanks for that info

ReputationRep:
    2/5 so far!!!
    Have offers from Glasgow and Liverpool... Still waiting on Loughborough, Swansea and Bournemouth

ReputationRep:
    How have people got offers from Warwick so quick? I sent mine off for PPE Tuesday afternoon and haven't heard back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Applied to LSE, Exeter, Birmingham, bath and SOAS yesterday.

Received confirmations from all but no offers yet, still waiting!!! Quite nervous

ReputationRep:
    Update: I've now had responses from City Uni, Westminster Uni and Kings College London. 2/3 gave me an offer.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.