x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Perfect.
    Ah good! Thank you so much for your help

ReputationRep:
    Just scored a sweet 74/75 in the 2015 paper

Does anyone ever get that feeling when you're doing well in past papers but you still don't feel ready for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somevirtualguy)
    Attachment 542281542283

I just did the expansion of cotx (by differentiating and inputting pi/4), multiplied through by (x-(pi/4))

Edit: Didn't mean to send it twice just useless with this phone
    (Original post by somevirtualguy)
    Attachment 542281542283

I just did the expansion of cotx (by differentiating and inputting pi/4), multiplied through by (x-(pi/4))

Edit: Didn't mean to send it twice just useless with this phone
    by the way, the working for that question you did previously on that piece of paper isnt sufficient enough for all the marks. make sure you expand sin4theta fully into just costhetas and sinthetas and show it gets down to root2, in future questions

ReputationRep:
    I just answered this question, got the right answer, but because I didn't add the line shown, would I seriously lose those 2 marks regardless of the fact I got the right solution? Apparently if I lose the first M1dep mark shown (by the red arrow), I lose the second dep mark too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripleseven)
    I just answered this question, got the right answer, but because I didn't add the line shown, would I seriously lose those 2 marks regardless of the fact I got the right solution? Apparently if I lose the first M1dep mark shown (by the red arrow), I lose the second dep mark too.
    you do have to show the line where you multiply the whole diff equation by the integrating factor. I dont think it can be implied

ReputationRep:
    Please could anyone explain how to do question 11b? Thanks Name:  image.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  490.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    Just scored a sweet 74/75 in the 2015 paper

Does anyone ever get that feeling when you're doing well in past papers but you still don't feel ready for the exam?
    Nicely done - try the IAL paper!

I feel the same way. I got 75 in my last 3 mocks but I still feel like something might go horribly wrong in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Nicely done - try the IAL paper!

I feel the same way. I got 75 in my last 3 mocks but I still feel like something might go horribly wrong in the exam.
    Done the IAL beforehand, got 69/75, made a silly mistake in the last question

Yeah exactly! I feel like even though I score well in every past paper I do, there's still a chance something will f**k up in the exam :laugh: I guess its just nerves more than anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    Done the IAL beforehand, got 69/75, made a silly mistake in the last question

Yeah exactly! I feel like even though I score well in every past paper I do, there's still a chance something will f**k up in the exam :laugh: I guess its just nerves more than anything
    Ah, nice! That was one lengthy paper. Do you have any past papers left or are you done with all of them? I have the entire 2014 series left to do.

It is the nerves, but the best thing about further maths is that you have a lot of modules to get you an A*. I already have an A* in M2 and I quite possibly got it on S3, so all I need is ~90 UMS on one of S2/FP2/FP3. Some margin for error. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripleseven)
    Not always, look at this paper https://8dedc505ac3fba908c50836f5905...%20Edexcel.pdf and question 7b on it. The MS is here https://8dedc505ac3fba908c50836f5905...%20Edexcel.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Ah, nice! That was one lengthy paper. Do you have any past papers left or are you done with all of them? I have the entire 2014 series left to do.

It is the nerves, but the best thing about further maths is that you have a lot of modules to get you an A*. I already have an A* in M2 and I quite possibly got it on S3, so all I need is ~90 UMS on one of S2/FP2/FP3. Some margin for error. :lol:
    I have none left unfortunately :laugh:

That's amazing, best of luck! You should be able to get that A*, if all else fails you still have S2 which is pretty much the easiest A* in A-Level Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravichauhan11)
    you do have to show the line where you multiply the whole diff equation by the integrating factor. I dont think it can be implied
    (Original post by coolguy123456)
    Not always, look at this paper https://8dedc505ac3fba908c50836f5905...%20Edexcel.pdf and question 7b on it. The MS is here https://8dedc505ac3fba908c50836f5905...%20Edexcel.pdf
    Thank you both very much, I understand now It was just quite frustrating since I implied that was what I meant, next time I'll add it in exclusively. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Please could anyone explain how to do question 11b? Thanks Name:  image.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  490.1 KB
    do you know what the answer to b) i) is ? Ive done ii) but i think ive done a really long method to it

ReputationRep:
    Can questions as hard as some ones in the adapted papers come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravichauhan11)
    do you know what the answer to b) i) is ? Ive done ii) but i think ive done a really long method to it
    Yeah the answer to bi is -1/2 Please could you explain how you did them, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464968248.034852.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  23.3 KB
    Can someone explain this please? Can we not apply demoivre s theorem to the whole fraction? Why do we have to split it and do it 2 times?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with a bunch of questions from the Fp2 book? Im really stuck.
    Inequalities:
    -Do you need to know how to draw the 1/x , x / xsquared graphs etc. If so, can anyone explain to me how to draw the graphs once you get the x values and then how do you work out the inequalities for those type of graphs.
    -How do you do questions 1 and 2 on page 9 (I know how to get the x values for 1 but cant do the rest and I cant do 2 at all)

Complex numbers:
    - Page 49 question 6. How to draw the locus without solving the equation for those questions when theres a number outside the |z|.
    - Page 59 question 1b??

Polar coordinates:
    -On pages 133 and 134 when sketching the curves, the choose different values for theta. How do you know which values to choose.
    - Page 143 question 4. How do you solve it when its r squared.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Yeah the answer to bi is -1/2 Please could you explain how you did them, thanks
    Can you read that alrite? I did it rushed but it was a weird ass q part ii took me an age shall I post that as well?

Edit: ignore that fraction that says 5(2) over 3(4) that was from something else lol
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    Can you read that alrite? I did it rushed but it was a weird ass q part ii took me an age shall I post that as well?

Edit: ignore that fraction that says 5(2) over 3(4) that was from something else lol
    Yeah that's great thanks so much, got it now Yeah if you could post part ii please that would be brill, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to check differential eqns on a calculator? And taylor/maclaurin series?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.