Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    PetrosAC When will the announcement be made official that Aph will be appointed the new Chancellor as a reward for Aph contributing a lot to the government through his activity?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    PetrosAC When will the announcement be made official that Aph will be appointed the new Chancellor as a reward for Aph contributing a lot to the government through his activity?
    As much as I know you'd love for him to be Chancellor, Aph is unfortunately not in the running
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    As much as I know you'd love for him to be Chancellor, Aph is unfortunately not in the running
    Is that by choice or was it imposed by your Labour overlords?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Is that by choice or was it imposed by your Labour overlords?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By choice of course

Labour hold the Cabinet position, so there will almost definitely be a Labour Chancellor.

ReputationRep:
    By choice of course

Labour hold the Cabinet position, so there will almost definitely be a Labour Chancellor.
    That is a bad deal for the Liberals, I can understand having a Labour Chancellor to replace the Liberal Chancellor, but handing over a cabinet position for nothing in return shows more weakness from the cannon fodder Liberals who are now Labour's tame poodle. The Liberals have talented individuals who can fill the position after James' resignation, or fill other positions to give a balance to the coalition that is the same balance as the balance at the start of the coalition.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    That is a bad deal for the Liberals, I can understand having a Labour Chancellor to replace the Liberal Chancellor, but handing over a cabinet position for nothing in return shows more weakness from the cannon fodder Liberals who are now Labour's tame poodle. The Liberals have talented individuals who can fill the position after James' resignation, or fill other positions to give a balance to the coalition that is the same balance as the balance at the start of the coalition.
    Can you just give it a rest already?!
    For 1 the liberals have both foreign and Home offices. To expect us to have all 3 great offices of state is, quite frankly, ridiculous.
    Secondly you have no idea what happens in the government, and with the budget already out there isn't much left for the chancellor to do.
    And Lastly, your constant rhetoric is getting boring. All you ever do these days is say "the liberals are weak", if you want to make us look bad why not get off your derrière and do something instead of sitting down and moaning all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Can you just give it a rest already?!
    For 1 the liberals have both foreign and Home offices. To expect us to have all 3 great offices of state is, quite frankly, ridiculous.
    Secondly you have no idea what happens in the government, and with the budget already out there isn't much left for the chancellor to do.
    And Lastly, your constant rhetoric is getting boring. All you ever do these days is say "the liberals are weak", if you want to make us look bad why not get off your derrière and do something instead of sitting down and moaning all the time.
    I would like to do something; that is scrutinise the education policy, defence policy, health policy, social policy, foreign policy, transport policy, and revised budget to remove the mistakes the Chancellor admitted to, however, it is difficult to scrutinise government policies in those areas when the previous Prime Minister told MPs to ask for government policy but the the Liberal leader tell MPs to wait for the government to publish its policy. There is not a clear line between the leader of the two parties in the coalition, the ministers are not doing their jobs, and the government makes mistakes in everything it does; to use Ray's words, the government are simply not up to the job.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    When the Cabinet was reshuffled we re-allocated the positions. Labour gave up Foreign Sec in order to take the Treasury. I intend to appoint a replacement Labour chancellor.

I would like to do something; that is scrutinise the education policy, defence policy, health policy, social policy, foreign policy, transport policy, and revised budget to remove the mistakes the Chancellor admitted to, however, it is difficult to scrutinise government policies in those areas when the previous Prime Minister told MPs to ask for government policy but the the Liberal leader tell MPs to wait for the government to publish its policy. There is not a clear line between the leader of the two parties in the coalition, the ministers are not doing their jobs, and the government makes mistakes in everything it does; to use Ray's words, the government are simply not up to the job.
    Let's not mention UKIP's recent record in government then, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    When the Cabinet was reshuffled we re-allocated the positions. Labour gave up Foreign Sec in order to take the Treasury. I intend to appoint a replacement Labour chancellor.

Let's not mention UKIP's recent record in government then, eh?
    For the few week UKIP were in government more was done than the this government in the months this government has had. Clear up how the government is meant to be scrutinised, the previous Prime Minister wanted MPs to ask the government for policy but the Liberal leader wants MPs to wait for the government to publish its policy. As there is confusion I expect a brief summary of the direction the government plans to take for each department, there has been enough time to decide brief plans.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Sorry, when did we hand a position over for nothing in return?

We traded the Chancellorship for Foreign Affairs + Chief Sec to the Treasury

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    For the few week UKIP were in government more was done than the this government in the months this government has had. Clear up how the government is meant to be scrutinised, the previous Prime Minister wanted MPs to ask the government for policy but the Liberal leader wants MPs to wait for the government to publish its policy. As there is confusion I expect a brief summary of the direction the government plans to take for each department, there has been enough time to decide brief plans.
    There is no confusion as the previous Prime Minister is no longer Prime Minister.

As Aph has now written a Defence Review, he is free to be questioned on the policy while it is debated and adjusted in Government.

I'm also happy to talk about my plans once I get home and onto a PC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The last time Ukip was in government, we had one government SOI and one bizarre, poorly-thought-out government bill. Oh, and one 'budget' - aka half a spreadsheet of wrong figures. I'm not sure what you're smoking but I'd like to try it if it's making you think that's more than what we've done.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    The last time Ukip was in government, we had one government SOI and one bizarre, poorly-thought-out government bill. Oh, and one 'budget' - aka half a spreadsheet of wrong figures. I'm not sure what you're smoking but I'd like to try it if it's making you think that's more than what we've done.
    And of course
    this government has been a hive of activity with a lot of high quality output, especially in their first month...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There is no confusion as the previous Prime Minister is no longer Prime Minister.

As Aph has now written a Defence Review, he is free to be questioned on the policy while it is debated and adjusted in Government.

I'm also happy to talk about my plans once I get home and onto a PC

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When will Aphs destruction of our national defense be released?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    When will Aphs destruction of our national defense be released?
    When it's ready and has been approved.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    When it's ready and has been approved.

Right ..... Is that the case with the other SOIs because is it just more or are the important departments missing SOIs
    - Foreign?
    - Home ?
    - A proper defence soi ?
    - Justice?
    - ID ?
    - Transport ?
    - Education?
    - Business?
    - Wales Scotland NI ?
    We sort of need to know what the government is doing? So when the conservatives are in power next we can sort out the mess left behind
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Right ..... Is that the case with the other SOIs because is it just more or are the important departments missing SOIs
    - Foreign?
    - Home ?
    - A proper defence soi ?
    - Justice?
    - ID ?
    - Transport ?
    - Education?
    - Business?
    - Wales Scotland NI ?
    We sort of need to know what the government is doing? So when the conservatives are in power next we can sort out the mess left behind
    Many of these are in drafting already.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Many of these are in drafting already.
    Which we have been hearing almost since day 1. After the shambles of the budget we were told there were to be a load of SoIs coming out imminently, we're now a month on with one, not to mention that none of the primary legislation needed for the budget has been published, which makes it more of a shambles, you should have at least had some of it written.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Which we have been hearing almost since day 1. After the shambles of the budget we were told there were to be a load of SoIs coming out imminently, we're now a month on with one, not to mention that none of the primary legislation needed for the budget has been published, which makes it more of a shambles, you should have at least had some of it written.
    Well as you can see the Chancellor has been a bit busy and has now resigned his post. Whilst I'm in the process of replacing him as soon as possible, that has obviously caused a slow-down in proceedings.

I am currently planning a bill-writing surge in the Government and you should expect to see the fruits of that in the next few weeks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well as you can see the Chancellor has been a bit busy and has now resigned his post. Whilst I'm in the process of replacing him as soon as possible, that has obviously caused a slow-down in proceedings.

I am currently planning a bill-writing surge in the Government and you should expect to see the fruits of that in the next few weeks.
    So only the chancellor is capable of writing primary legislation that relates to the budget? And these SoIs that have been drafted for months and a month ago were almost ready for release?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.