The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Apparently ****s going down in Manchester tmoz.

Not just the news conference SS are reporting...
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
... ... ...
Let's look back over the past three months and see how the results have gone;

19th Dec - Man Utd 1-2 Norwich
12th Dec - Bournemouth 2-1 Man Utd
08th Dec - VfL Wolfsburg 3-2 Man Utd
05th Dec - Man Utd 0-0 West Ham
28th Nov - Leicester 1-1 Man Utd
25th Nov - Man Utd 0-0 PSV Eindhoven
21st Nov - Watford 1-2 Man Utd
07th Nov - Man Utd 2-0 West Brom
03rd Nov - Man Utd 1-0 CSKA
31st Oct - Crystal Palace 0-0 Man Utd
28th Oct - Man Utd 0-0 Middlesbrough (Middlesbrough win 3-1 on penalties)
25th Oct - Man Utd 0-0 Man City
21st Oct - CSKA 1-1 Man Utd
17th Oct - Everton 0-3 Man Utd
04th Oct - Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

Matches Played: 15
Matches Won: 4
Matches Drew: 6
Matches Lost: 5

Goals scored: 14
Goals scored at Old Trafford: 4

In nearly three months, fans at Old Trafford have only been able to enjoy four goals across three matches (out of seven at OT).

The majority of non sr90-type supporters here would most likely be more than content to be in any of the top four positions providing we were also doing well in the champions league and the two cups (not necessarily winning but at least progressing to a respectful stage). However we've failed to progress past the group stages, we've been knocked out of the league cup by Middlesborough, and quite frankly it wouldn't be a surprise if Sheffield United knocked us out of the FA Cup also.

Even if we disregard the number of wins or the shameful number of goals, the style of United at the moment is absolutely terrible. I would rather lose a game 4-5 in a game that is half-exciting than continue to draw 0-0 or lose 1-2 in our current manner. For nearly three months we have had to endure complete and utter rubbish performances, when at least in September, those matches that were still dire to watch managed to overturn goals. Crikey, we scored more goals in September than we have since the start of October.

I would agree with you that it spoilt to demand or act like we should be in 1st place, but is it honestly spoilt to ask for a manager that is willing to play attacking football?

(Original post by Rk2k14)
Apparently ****s going down in Manchester tmoz.

Not just the news conference SS are reporting...
Sources?
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _Morsey_)
Let's look back over the past three months and see how the results have gone;

19th Dec - Man Utd 1-2 Norwich
12th Dec - Bournemouth 2-1 Man Utd
08th Dec - VfL Wolfsburg 3-2 Man Utd
05th Dec - Man Utd 0-0 West Ham
28th Nov - Leicester 1-1 Man Utd
25th Nov - Man Utd 0-0 PSV Eindhoven
21st Nov - Watford 1-2 Man Utd
07th Nov - Man Utd 2-0 West Brom
03rd Nov - Man Utd 1-0 CSKA
31st Oct - Crystal Palace 0-0 Man Utd
28th Oct - Man Utd 0-0 Middlesbrough (Middlesbrough win 3-1 on penalties)
25th Oct - Man Utd 0-0 Man City
21st Oct - CSKA 1-1 Man Utd
17th Oct - Everton 0-3 Man Utd
04th Oct - Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

Matches Played: 15
Matches Won: 4
Matches Drew: 6
Matches Lost: 5

Goals scored: 14
Goals scored at Old Trafford: 4

In nearly three months, fans at Old Trafford have only been able to enjoy four goals across three matches (out of seven at OT).

The majority of non sr90-type supporters here would most likely be more than content to be in any of the top four positions providing we were also doing well in the champions league and the two cups (not necessarily winning but at least progressing to a respectful stage). However we've failed to progress past the group stages, we've been knocked out of the league cup by Middlesborough, and quite frankly it wouldn't be a surprise if Sheffield United knocked us out of the FA Cup also.

Even if we disregard the number of wins or the shameful number of goals, the style of United at the moment is absolutely terrible. I would rather lose a game 4-5 in a game that is half-exciting than continue to draw 0-0 or lose 1-2 in our current manner. For nearly three months we have had to endure complete and utter rubbish performances, when at least in September, those matches that were still dire to watch managed to overturn goals. Crikey, we scored more goals in September than we have since the start of October.

I would agree with you that it spoilt to demand or act like we should be in 1st place, but is it honestly spoilt to ask for a manager that is willing to play attacking football?

Sources?
Just the general whispers on Twitter.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
Leeds are not in the PL simply because you aren't performing at a good enough consistent level to even come close to being in the PL and sustaining it. You're currently 13th in championship....I'm not saying that we are entitled to the title or top 4, we earned it by playing the way we have been playing even though it's not "attractive" football.
So it's because we're not consistent and nothing to do with the plethora of off-the-field problems we have including being ran by a lunatic?

The reason we aren't in the PL is because our problems off the pitch block any type of progress we can make on the pitch. Our owner actually stopped our top scorer from last season playing towards the end of the season because he was close to earning a bonus for scoring more than 12 in a season.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can we pls stop with the pointless argument.

Bigger things to worry about...

Luther is on tonight
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _Morsey_)
Absolutely not. I just really can't get my head around people refusing to watch or hoping for defeats though.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
No point in trying to explain yourself to a fan who supports a non-elite team.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
So it's because we're not consistent and nothing to do with the plethora of off-the-field problems we have including being ran by a lunatic?

The reason we aren't in the PL is because our problems off the pitch block any type of progress we can make on the pitch. Our owner actually stopped our top scorer from last season playing towards the end of the season because he was close to earning a bonus for scoring more than 12 in a season.
Okay, so are you denying that consistency is key to long term success?

At the end of the day what the players do on the pitch has the final say regardless of what's happening off the pitch. If you don't perform on the pitch then you deserve to be beaten....just like we got beaten by Norwich City at home. This is why I want/hope Leicester to win the title because it's a reminder to all the "bigger" teams that consistency and teamwork is key to good results and I really do applaud Leicester for their team spirit, dedication and hard work shown for the sport. That is exactly what football's about
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Luther > Sherlock.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Okay, so are you denying that consistency is key to long term success?

At the end of the day what the players do on the pitch has the final say regardless of what's happening off the pitch. If you don't perform on the pitch then you deserve to be beaten....just like we got beaten by Norwich City at home. This is why I want/hope Leicester to win the title because it's a reminder to all the "bigger" teams that consistency and teamwork is key to good results and I really do applaud Leicester for their team spirit, dedication and hard work shown for the sport. That is exactly what football's about
No. You're not listening. Our off field problems mean we can't be consistent. Our owner stopped our top scorer from playing. Our owner released our GK because he was born on the 17th and 17 is the lunatic's 'unlucky number'. It's impossible to be consistent with that type of backwards **** going on. Our owner won't buy players we need. Our owner sells our top scorer. We are very badly run, have been for years, and that is why we are 13th in the Championship. Not simply the consistency buzzword that gets thrown about.

In fact, very few teams in the Championship regardless of how they're run remain consistent because that's the nature of the league. Hull are sat in the top 6 yet got beaten by Leeds and Rotherham.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
FFS - https://twitter.com/ManUtcI/status/679320487974051841
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
:lol:
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
^You must be trolling Dirtybit?
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A week ago the same page reported that Van Gaal resigned.

Someone give them a medal.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How many times have Leeds actually been in the premier league? Yeah I thought so....
Wtf?
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So meetings are going on between Woody n Van GOAT

Scenes when Giggs is the new manager.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
So meetings are going on between Woody n Van GOAT

Scenes when Giggs is the new manager.
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
going to slowly pull away from this manager stuff for now but what do you guys think we need to do in january? I think we need a Full back,CB,a RW(Sorry but mata isnt cutting it on the wing and hasnt been for some time now) and maybe a ST
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can just imagine the exchanges between Woodward and Giggs if he were manager.

Woodward: So we can get Griezmann without difficulty. He wants to come and Atletico are willing to sell at a relatively reasonable price. I just need your go-ahead so that we can make a formal request to Atletico.
Giggs: He's just not a Manchester United player.
Woodward: ...
Giggs: Also have you tabled that £150m bid for Messi yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Andy Goldstein: Hold on to your potatoes... It's coming
https://twitter.com/andygoldstein05/...35266956533760
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (143)
18.94%
Labour (322)
42.65%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.26%
Green Party (41)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.78%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)