Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what are the recommended timings for PSYa4? is it 1 hour on research methods??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beasttracker)
    what are the recommended timings for PSYa4? is it 1 hour on research methods??
    Definitely do not only give yourself half an hour on the essay questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Definitely do not only give yourself half an hour on the essay questions!
    Okay, so how long do you reccommend on each section?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so how long do you reccommend on each section?
    35,35,50 I would say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMC113)
    35,35,50 I would say
    Okay thanks, would you also advise doing the research methods section first as it contains more marks and you may be able to finish this in less than 50 minutes to then spend more time on the essays?

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks, would you also advise doing the research methods section first as it contains more marks and you may be able to finish this in less than 50 minutes to then spend more time on the essays?
    I was about to say that, it depends how quickly you can answer RM. Personally, I'll be doing it in order, so I can get OCD out of the way annd because I usually use the time on research methods

ReputationRep:
    In Psya4, is it possible for the 'Psychology in Action' (eg Media) questions to be a single 24 mark discussion question? Or is it always split up into 4, 4 and 6 and 10 (or similar)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattSJTS)
    In Psya4, is it possible for the 'Psychology in Action' (eg Media) questions to be a single 24 mark discussion question? Or is it always split up into 4, 4 and 6 and 10 (or similar)?
    99% sure it will be exactly as you described

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering how long are everyone's essays for PSYA3? Mine are around 750 words and they take exactly 30 minutes to write so I have no time to read through them afterwards. This is kind of a worry for me as they are A's but if I shorten them will they be worth as many marks ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    Hi just wondering how long are everyone's essays for PSYA3? Mine are around 750 words and they take exactly 30 minutes to write so I have no time to read through them afterwards. This is kind of a worry for me as they are A's but if I shorten them will they be worth as many marks ?
    Mine are around 1000

ReputationRep:
    Mine are around 1000
    3 pages to be exact

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    Mine are all around 700 and I've been getting A's so maybe shorten them a little. Try to write faster or know the content better so time for thought is reduced to give more time for writing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSD07)
    AS: A
    A2 prediction: A*

For unit 3 I'm doing: gender, intelligence, and perception

Unit 4: depression, addiction and research methods

anyone have any detailed and good notes for research methods??
    I do intelligence also - would u refer to Cattell (1943)'s theory of intelligence as a multifactorial theory or hierarchical theory?

Also - for Spearman's 'g' have you been taught just his reference to 'g' or a later version where he splits into 2 - which i have seen in the textbook but ignored because I've only ever been told he developed theory of general overarching intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are around 1000
    That seems like a lot, how many studies/points are you using?

ReputationRep:
    are most people pre-writing essays and learning them off? if so how many essays do you have roughly for each section for module 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    That seems like a lot, how many studies/points are you using?
    I do like 4/5 studies and two IDA points

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any predictions for psya3 gender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    has anyone got any predictions for psya3 gender?
    I would say Genes and hormones and evolutionary as they've never come up before

ReputationRep:
    psychologya2modelanswers.wordpre ss.com

ReputationRep:
    ^ website has an outline of everything you need for report writing (research methods), AGGRESSION, EATING BEHAVIOURS, ADDICTIONS, OCD, COGNITIONS AND DEVELOPMENT

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.