Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have families&households on tuesday (new spec), does anyone have any notes on social policy or globalisation they wouldn't mind posting please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't childhood come up last year though ? I doubt it'll come up this year
    (Don't count on me revise it anyway) 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charthec)
    It asked for two functions over two opposing functions, so yes. Last time I checked they don't mark for AO2 on the 10 markers.

In other words: don't worry - you're fine!
    A01 is knowledge A02 is examples and A03 is Criticisms which are worth 2/10 i did still criticise with functionalist functions but only briefly as like i said it's 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    I hope your right!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    A01 is knowledge A02 is examples and A03 is Criticisms which are worth 2/10 i did still criticise with functionalist functions but only briefly as like i said it's 2 marks.
    I forget that AO3 is the evaluation AO (it's AO2 in psych - I get mixed up) - sorry!

I suppose we'll see what happens?

ReputationRep:
    Whats the ethical advantages of structured interviews and ethical disadvatages.

Also whats the theoritical approaches towards structures interviews HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbubbley)
    Whats the ethical advantages of structured interviews and ethical disadvatages.

Also whats the theoritical approaches towards structures interviews HELP!!
    Theoretical
    SI employ fixed lists lf closed ended questions so answers can be classified counted and quantified. This allows r to identify patterns and establish cause and effect relationships

Pos prefer them because they are reliable and can produce fairly large scale rep data. However inter reject their use because they see them as lacking validity

Ethical
    Parental permission may be required to interview children as more vulnerable. Whether or not this is given depends partly on sensitivity of research topic
    Not sure what else maybe something about the gatekeepers in school

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else found that there seems to be less sociologists names for the family and more statistics? I am dreading marriage,divorce coming up because it's full of stats to remember !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    same...I am retaking
    not doing the new spec..doing the old!
    When are you sitting your old spec exam ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I wonder if anyone has heard of an app I use for revision - I love it! It's called "Flashcard Machine". It's free to download and I paid £3 to get all the benefits of it and that's it.

You are able to make sets of flashcards which you can use to quiz yourself (saves paper and it's quicker than writing). The best part is that you can go into the search bar and search the library for Flashcard sets other people have already made and download and use them for free! And there are THOUSANDS of sets.

My point here is that I have made sets for the family sociology topic and if anyone wants me to upload them to the library so they can download and use them - let me know!
    I have been through the new and old sociology books with a fine tooth comb so everything you need should be on the sets, including definitions and examples!

Let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise12307)
    Hey guys, I wonder if anyone has heard of an app I use for revision - I love it! It's called "Flashcard Machine". It's free to download and I paid £3 to get all the benefits of it and that's it.

You are able to make sets of flashcards which you can use to quiz yourself (saves paper and it's quicker than writing). The best part is that you can go into the search bar and search the library for Flashcard sets other people have already made and download and use them for free! And there are THOUSANDS of sets.

My point here is that I have made sets for the family sociology topic and if anyone wants me to upload them to the library so they can download and use them - let me know!
    I have been through the new and old sociology books with a fine tooth comb so everything you need should be on the sets, including definitions and examples!

Let me know!
    That would be great!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise12307)

Let me know!
    That sounds amazing! Please do!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone see a question on migration coming up ? I can remember everything else so pretty much sorted now but I'll honestly take one for the team in the exam and just have a seizure there and then if a 24 marker on Migration appeared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issy2906)
    Does anyone see a question on migration coming up ? I can remember everything else so pretty much sorted now but I'll honestly take one for the team in the exam and just have a seizure there and then if a 24 marker on Migration appeared
    I dont know how many marks but ive been told by many people that its highly likely to appear unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haszerdo)
    That sounds amazing! Please do!
    (Original post by 10studentlife)
    That would be great!!
    Okay so I have uploaded all the sets to the library, they will all be uploaded in 10 mins max but some have already gone up! When you get the app just go into the search bar and type the following. It will come up, click it and click download - it will end up in your personal sets!

The first lot are all under the bold title - "Sociology Family", then there are descriptions below for each set that say:

1. Definitions
    2. Functionalist View of the Family
    3. Marxist View of the Family
    4. Feminist View of the Family
    5. New Right View of the Family
    6. Social Policy
    7. Demography
    8. Marriage, Divorce and Family Diversity
    9. Domestic Labour, Power Relations and the Family
    10. Childhood

The next lot are under the bold title "Reseach Methods" with these description subtitles:

1. General questions
    2. Strengths and Weaknesses, Examples

So for example, search "Sociology Family Social Policy" and it should come up!

Let me know if you have any troubles, let me know what you think of them! And if I can improve them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Darn, I'm praying for childhood to come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benj1999)
    I have families&households on tuesday (new spec), does anyone have any notes on social policy or globalisation they wouldn't mind posting please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have flashcards, scroll up for my posts about it !

ReputationRep:
    What sort of question does the 4 marker on research methods be?

ReputationRep:
    Hi can anyone help me answer an essay on demograpics because its quite likely to come up?, Eg birth rates/death rates? Does anyone have a sample answer? Please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imgoingtofail76)
    Hi can anyone help me answer an essay on demograpics because its quite likely to come up?, Eg birth rates/death rates? Does anyone have a sample answer? Please
    Hey there,

See if the key points used here can help you answer a question on demography if it's likely to come up on Tuesdays paper
    Attached Images

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 8, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.