Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enderbat1999)
    hard paper guys not good messed up on alot of the maths questions
    I thought it was easy except that question which doesn't make any sense.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do A2 1 CCEA this morning???

Please tell me you thought it was brutal!!! I missed out like 4 questions - 10 marks in total!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damian21kk)
    Why would there be a peak at 80 in mass spectrometry of Bromine? There are only two isotopes of bromine- 79 and 81 so why would there be peak at 80?
    Br2 with one Br79 one Br81 and a 2+ charge

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Could anyone help me understand why the answer is A. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damian21kk)
    Why would there be a peak at 80 in mass spectrometry of Bromine? There are only two isotopes of bromine- 79 and 81 so why would there be peak at 80?
    I wrote that there is a Br2 molecule that is 79Br81Br so it adds up to 160. When it is being ionised it lost two electrons to form a 2+ ion and didn't fragment. So the m/z ratio is 160/2 which is 80

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys am making a whattsapp group. please dm me. The whattsapp group is going to be for all chemistry examboards, as we all need to know the same things but just in different orders. PLease do DM me. thanks xx
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464441843.946072.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  161.7 KB

Can someone please explain the highlighted question please? I looked into several textbooks couldn't find the answer to it.. It's for OCR B Salters course lol🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464441843.946072.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  161.7 KB

Can someone please explain the highlighted question please? I looked into several textbooks couldn't find the answer to it.. It's for OCR B Salters course lol🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Partial pressures of the different gases?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me how to calculate the enthalpy change of combustion and the enthalpy change of formation when given a table? I always get confused from which calculation of enthalpies do I need to take away the sum of products from the sum of the reactants!!!!
    This is for OCR Chemistry A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seph_muriel)
    Can someone please tell me how to calculate the enthalpy change of combustion and the enthalpy change of formation when given a table? I always get confused from which calculation of enthalpies do I need to take away the sum of products from the sum of the reactants!!!!
    This is for OCR Chemistry A
    For combustion you do reactants take away products. I rememeber this using the acronym CRAP or CAP ( combustion reactant takeaway products) CRAP sticks in my head aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    For combustion you do reactants take away products. I rememeber this using the acronym CRAP or CAP ( combustion reactant takeaway products) CRAP sticks in my head aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!!! The acronym is helpful too

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me out on this question

Give the formula of an organic compound that forms an alkaline buffer solution whenadded to a solution of ethylamine. The answer is CH3CH2NH3Cl and I'm not sure why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seph_muriel)
    Thank you!!! The acronym is helpful too
    Whenever you see combustion just think 'crap'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by alow)
    Partial pressures of the different gases?
    Ohh, why would you need that???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisgul)
    can someone help me out on this question

Give the formula of an organic compound that forms an alkaline buffer solution whenadded to a solution of ethylamine. The answer is CH3CH2NH3Cl and I'm not sure why
    It's normally the salt of your amine so yeah ... I suppose it is because of acid and their salt forming buffers?! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    Ohh, why would you need that???
    Because then you'd know how much of each gas there is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voltz)
    For a titration, is the acid always in the burette or is the solution of unknown just always the base (in flask)?
    I think the standard solution (the one you know the concentration of) goes in the burette and the unknown goes in the flask. Don't quote me on that tho

ReputationRep:
    organic question here !

Methyl butanoate, C5H10O2, is an ester used in the food industry to give products the flavour of apples.
    structural formula: CH3C02CH2CH2CH3

Including methyl butanoate, how many structural isomers are there of C5H10O2 that are esters?
    A) 6
    B) 8
    C) 9
    D) 10
    if anyone has doubts concerning the question ... let me know so I can explain the question in more detail....
    thank u

ReputationRep:
    Am making a whattsapp group for f334 and f335 ocr b salters. if interested DM me.

ReputationRep:
    I have absolutely no idea on how to answer this question:
    Suggest 2 reasons why standard enthalpy changes of combustion determined experimentally are less exothermic than the calculated theoretical values. (for 2 marks OCR Chemistry A)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.