Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Business Boy)
    We were talking about in the US dingus.
    The US has one of the highest percentages of child poverty in the Western world (20%). You could still argue the same. Besides, if so, you must be terrible at communicating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caius Filimon)
    The US has one of the highest percentages of child poverty in the Western world (20%). You could still argue the same. Besides, if so, you must be terrible at communicating.
    Child poverty. We're talking about child labour.

Maybe you didn't understand because I wasn't talking to you.

ReputationRep:
    Far more to life than disposable income. Philosophy might help with that.

But then again, disposable income is nice =p
    Its not about disposable income, its about living and actually surviving.

ReputationRep:
    Child poverty. We're talking about child labour.

Maybe you didn't understand because I wasn't talking to you.
    And you can't connect crippling child poverty with child labor?

Business is the only humanities subject you take, I hope?

ReputationRep:
    do we think competitiveness is the most likely topic to come up in section A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SohaXO)
    Its not about disposable income, its about living and actually surviving.
    As an EU citizen that will very likely not be an issue at all... free labor movement, together with access to unemployment entitlements, etc. Besides, just think of the Scandinavian nations' minimum wages. Or even that of the Netherlands or Luxembourg.

Plenty of opportunities for the unskilled and yet informed.

But I suppose you took the 60 pence thing literally, so nevermind.

EDIT: the link didn't work for me so I might be out of the loop here, so my bad!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else needing a high grade and worried they won't get it given how ambiguous the mark schemes are and how invariably they can be applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meimaths123)
    do we think competitiveness is the most likely topic to come up in section A?
    Competitiveness +opportunities/threats I reckon

ReputationRep:
    And you can't connect crippling child poverty with child labor?

Business is the only humanities subject you take, I hope?
    If you think America's level of poverty (largest economy in the world with a generous welfare system) is "crippling" when 2.1bn people live on less than $3 a day then you have the same intelligence as a flip flop.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Anyone else needing a high grade and worried they won't get it given how ambiguous the mark schemes are and how invariably they can be applied?
    Exact same here.

But then, you could say that that means that the marking is lenient. Look at the humongous grade boundaries and the sort of people that take up Business Studies (people who really don't like humanities or at least business/economics). The marking being lenient must be the explanation, surely?

ReputationRep:
    If you think America's level of poverty (largest economy in the world with a generous welfare system) is "crippling" when 2.1bn people live on less than $3 a day then you have the same intelligence as a flip flop.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
    Yet another ironic comment from you.

You are, quite pitifully, dodging the initial argument of the US encouraging child labor through terrible child poverty. There was no comparison of US underprivileged children to an unfortunate soul in Zambia. Besides, you seem to not understand what purchasing power is in an economy.

Or the fact that 20% child poverty is a huge number, especially in the 'largest economy in the world' (which is wrong, by the way; GDP is calculated by PPP not nominal, yet again showing ignorance on your part).

Do you really want to prolong such an argument? You clearly don't have a knack for the humanities, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    guys i will love whoever helps me.

I'm struggling to apply handys culture model to analyse my organisational structures. Sure, Google is innovative, but none of handy's cultures discuss innovation?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any useful links or notes for research on buss4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddiimmaa123)

I'm struggling to apply handys culture model to analyse my organisational structures. Sure, Google is innovative, but none of handy's cultures discuss innovation?
    Is it really worth it to learn all the various forms of business models? I think that just forming logical arguments with research alone should be more than fine. Does the mentioning of business theories yield a lot of marks at all?

ReputationRep:
    Is it really worth it to learn all the various forms of business models? I think that just forming logical arguments with research alone should be more than fine. Does the mentioning of business theories yield a lot of marks at all?
    Using a model will secure good analysis straight away so I would argue its worth it since it is easy to remember and will secure top marks. I'm revising all of this the day before the exzm so im sure you can take a couple hours now and in the morning to learn the models

ReputationRep:
    Using a model will secure good analysis straight away so I would argue its worth it since it is easy to remember and will secure top marks. I'm revising all of this the day before the exzm so im sure you can take a couple hours now and in the morning to learn the models
    Oh I see, that's good to know! Thank you!

Yup, definitely seems worth it this way. Do you know if your teacher's said anything about making up 'facts'? The grade boundaries seem to indicate one may get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, that's good to know! Thank you!

Yup, definitely seems worth it this way. Do you know if your teacher's said anything about making up 'facts'? The grade boundaries seem to indicate one may get away with it.
    you dont need data or anything to support your application. can you make up your whole application? perhaps, but its not worth it in case the examiner notices and gives you no application markz.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another ironic comment from you.

You are, quite pitifully, dodging the initial argument of the US encouraging child labor through terrible child poverty. There was no comparison of US underprivileged children to an unfortunate soul in Zambia. Besides, you seem to not understand what purchasing power is in an economy.

Or the fact that 20% child poverty is a huge number, especially in the 'largest economy in the world' (which is wrong, by the way; GDP is calculated by PPP not nominal, yet again showing ignorance on your part).

Do you really want to prolong such an argument? You clearly don't have a knack for the humanities, my friend.
    Do you have autism?

Don't you have something better to do?

Butted into a conversation and now you're crying because I've ruined you.

Child poverty is not child labour.

ReputationRep:

Had a quick read of the model online and you could simply say that Google is Task focused. It's focused on innovation so it's likely to require a lot of dedication and focus on the tasks at hand. I'm sure you can expand from there.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an exam in the morning too?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.