DWP Work Coach

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yashicabali)
    I had an email in the morning that i am 18th on the reserve list and they have 40 posts where i applied for...so i am just hoping it will be all good...fingers crossed...
    Thats really positive, well done. Im way down the list so think im out of it but still some hope for others on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natz267)
    That's great news! What area are you in?
    Birmingham and solihull

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham and solihull
    I just got a reply, i'm 47th

ReputationRep:
    I just got a reply, i'm 47th
    Everytime I ask and it's been a few lol I get " half way down but difficult to be precise " x

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham and solihull
    Which areas did you pick from Birmingham and Solihull? I mean how many areas did you pick x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky1105)
    Which areas did you pick from Birmingham and Solihull? I mean how many areas did you pick x
    In may i picked 4 areas but recently when they asked us to expand our locations then i said i can work anywhere in birmingham n solihull....so they can just give me a post anywhere...

ReputationRep:
    But no idea when are they going to call....

ReputationRep:
    But no idea when are they going to call....
    Another working week passed and we no more info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prinny88)
    Another working week passed and we no more info
    They wont call until nov but they said they will call reserve list canditates first and new applicants later...

ReputationRep:
    They wont call until nov but they said they will call reserve list canditates first and new applicants later...
    Ok thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    They have extended the date till 10th october 2016 in birmingham n solihull....

ReputationRep:
    I reapplied to the Birmingham advert, due to the Black Country being incorporated in the same advert, previously they were separate and I failed the Black Country sifting, yet am on the reserve list for Birmingham! I had to retake the online test as I was about a week out of the 6 month period! Can't believe they've extended the closing date, I've never known a recruitment process like it! I shouldn't be surprised, as I've worked in the civil service for a long time! Back to the waiting game!

ReputationRep:
    Having been in the Work Coach role now for a few months, I can happily answer any questions anyone has about the job?

I will start with by saying, Yes the application process is horrendous and I think from my original application to starting my first days work was around 3 - 4 months.

There has been a recent release of work coach roles across the country, seems there weren't enough applicants.

ReputationRep:
    I reapplied to the Birmingham advert, due to the Black Country being incorporated in the same advert, previously they were separate and I failed the Black Country sifting, yet am on the reserve list for Birmingham! I had to retake the online test as I was about a week out of the 6 month period! Can't believe they've extended the closing date, I've never known a recruitment process like it! I shouldn't be surprised, as I've worked in the civil service for a long time! Back to the waiting game!
    Why do you have to re apply when you was on reserve though I don't understand it doesn't make sense it's really poor x

ReputationRep:
    The whole thing is a farce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by averagejoe5)
    Having been in the Work Coach role now for a few months, I can happily answer any questions anyone has about the job?

I will start with by saying, Yes the application process is horrendous and I think from my original application to starting my first days work was around 3 - 4 months.

There has been a recent release of work coach roles across the country, seems there weren't enough applicants.
    Which area do you work in????

ReputationRep:
    Which area do you work in????
    I am in the South East Group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prinny88)
    Why do you have to re apply when you was on reserve though I don't understand it doesn't make sense it's really poor x
    On the original advert Birmingham and Black Country were separate vacancies, but this time it was one advert for Birmingham/Solihull/Black Country, so I reapplied and stated on the preferred locations Smethwick & Oldbury! Really don't understand why the districts were put together this time, cause they are totally different locations!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by averagejoe5)

Lol I'm with you on that one, what district are you part off?

Lol you have already said ! Didn't read your latest post anyway I 100000% agree with you. How long did it take you to get onto the systems ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Lol I'm with you on that one, what district are you part off?

Lol you have already said ! Didn't read your latest post anyway I 100000% agree with you. How long did it take you to get onto the systems ?
    I'm still not on all the systems, have most of the ones that i need though

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.