Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    So you are saying that British people should work because we are all to lazy so we should get immigrants to do it ? Weren't you advocating banning sport a few weeks ago ?
    I'm saying that because the British people get drummed into them how great the country is they develop an entitlement complex and become lazy and feel that some work is beneath them. This is why we need immigrants who actually want to work hard and do a good job as opposed to the lazy entitled people we have now who only want to blame everyone and not look at themselves at the same time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    People just like Boris because they think he is funny.
    Not true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    What is it? I cant see

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    What is it? I cant see

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A tweet saying "Discover the secret hidden message on the front of Government EU propaganda! #voteleave" with an image attached with the front of the propaganda leaflet redacted such that it says "Government lies to remain in the European Union"
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    What is it? I cant see

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because jammy likes to post pictures from password protected sites.

ReputationRep:
    Not as good as the Green Party London Mayor and Assembly election broadcast, but a first for British politics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-2016-13042016
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Not as good as the Green Party London Mayor and Assembly election broadcast, but a first for British politics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-2016-13042016
    I love the MRL Party - they have always been great banter and will always be great banter.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol

Today's adjournment debate is in the value of golf to the economy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol

Today's adjournment debate is in the value of golf to the economy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah saw that before heading to watching PMQs - burst out laughing in the library, to the annoyance of several eejits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Yeah saw that before heading to watching PMQs - burst out laughing in the library, to the annoyance of several eejits
    At least you have a library open to laugh in- mant may not due to local authority cuts.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    At least you have a library open to laugh in- mant may not due to local authority cuts.
    Well in the North of Ireland the main hit we've had to libraries was jobs, about 200 lost since 2010. We've not had any libraries close since 2010 though

ReputationRep:
    By the way, here's my result from that other political test.

ReputationRep:
    Not true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    correct, but they don't like because he is a tory either, the number of people I have talked to who said they would be willing to vote boris, but not or the conservatives is mind boggling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    By the way, here's my result from that other political test.

i hate these. for example, obama is authoritarian.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by banterboy)
    i hate these. for example, obama is authoritarian.
    Racist!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Racist!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol

remember the compass one's that tried to say that new labour was really high up and to the right? clearly the blokes making these have political biases.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    lol

remember the compass one's that tried to say that new labour was really high up and to the right? clearly the blokes making these have political biases.
    We are talking about the people who enacted the smoking and hunting ban here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We are talking about the people who enacted the smoking and hunting ban here

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but they were very liberal in other ways.

Which brings me onto another point; liberal economically can't be distinguishes from socially liberal as it has social implications.

We need one of these things to reconcile social and economic right and left in a meaningful way.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    True, but they were very liberal in other ways.

Which brings me onto another point; liberal economically can't be distinguishes from socially liberal as it has social implications.

We need one of these things to reconcile social and economic right and left in a meaningful way.
    I would say that the intentions are the distinguishing factor where there is a major overlap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.