Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

(Original post by Airmed)
    Hey :console: My inbox is always open, you know that. :hugs:
    :hugs: thank you lovely x

(Original post by furryface12)
    You don't need to either! Always welcome to PM whenever (don't need to ask), hope you're okay :hugs:
    I do need to though, i don't show you guys the appreciation you deserve and i'm sorry if i've annoyed anyone and thank you lovely x

-------
    Just had a massive attack of anxiety was coming in waves and heart stuff :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :hugs: thank you lovely x

I do need to though, i don't show you guys the appreciation you deserve and i'm sorry if i've annoyed anyone and thank you lovely x

-------
    Just had a massive attack of anxiety was coming in waves and heart stuff :/
    You haven't annoyed anyone :hugs:

(Original post by JordanL_)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sometimes I wish I could be locked up on a psych ward just so I could forget about everything for a while.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Agreed. There was an episode of Pretty Little Liars where one of the characters ended up in a psych hospital but she didn't tell them her name so she was 'Jane Doe' for a while. I wish I could do that and just get away from this place.

ReputationRep:
    Got so much anger in me today one of those days I could do without certain laws

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Got so much anger in me today one of those days I could do without certain laws
    Same tbh. Can pm me if you need to vent

ReputationRep:
    Just when you think things can't get any worse and they do... Had a lovely mini breakdown earlier, trying to pick the pieces up now but I feel so useless. I'm trying to get a job and interview no7 went terribly and even if it had gone well I don't feel good enough at the moment to concentrate on anything let alone work so I feel like whats the point, I'm really uesless because I feel like I can't do anything with my life right now

ReputationRep:
    Remember my therapist told me a fortnight ago that I'd be getting a session at least once a week from my next session (which was today), well I had my session today and got told I wouldn't see her the next week or the week after that or even the week after that, my next session is 4 weeks away because she is on holiday. That's the third holiday she's took since I started with her in January. Never known a person to take so many holidays. I've been really struggling the last week or so, so that was a real downer today when I found that out :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Remember my therapist told me a fortnight ago that I'd be getting a session at least once a week from my next session (which was today), well I had my session today and got told I wouldn't see her the next week or the week after that or even the week after that, my next session is 4 weeks away because she is on holiday. That's the third holiday she's took since I started with her in January. Never known a person to take so many holidays. I've been really struggling the last week or so, so that was a real downer today when I found that out :cry2:
    Can you call them up and ask to see someone on a temporary basis while sh'es on holiday? 4 week break is really bad, I can see why you're upset. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What. the. hell. This woman really is taking the piss -_- Why didn't she tell you about this before?
    You need to speak to your GP and explain how you feel... Also they'll be able to give you the number for the people that are in charge or her service, usually the primary care mental health team...

Feel free to PM.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Agreed. There was an episode of Pretty Little Liars where one of the characters ended up in a psych hospital but she didn't tell them her name so she was 'Jane Doe' for a while. I wish I could do that and just get away from this place.
    That really does sound nice. You can PM me if you want to talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this is a piss take now. You need to go to your GP and explain this, because it is just not fair to you. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Ok, this is a piss take now. You need to go to your GP and explain this, because it is just not fair to you. :hugs:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    What. the. hell. This woman really is taking the piss -_- Why didn't she tell you about this before?
    You need to speak to your GP and explain how you feel... Also they'll be able to give you the number for the people that are in charge or her service, usually the primary care mental health team...

Feel free to PM.
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Can you call them up and ask to see someone on a temporary basis while sh'es on holiday? 4 week break is really bad, I can see why you're upset. :hugs:
    Thanks guys, you are all right. She's taking the absolute piss now. I've got the GP this week to get a fit note and my mum is going to come in with me and talk things over about my therapist. My mum is also going to call up the primary care team and see what they say. I asked her if there was anyone I could see in her absence and she said no.

She did say today that I seem to be quite agitated and frustrated with her and therapy. Hmmmm I wonder why! She was quite nice and understanding today but she's still not the therapist for me, I think. I need someone more reliable for a start

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Starting my summer class on Monday, already convinced I'm going to fail. I have to read the first 3 chapters of the textbook (108 pages) before the first class and I'm finding it impossible to concentrate. The voices won't shut up, they're a constant barrage of negativity. I feel like I can't do this and I was stupid to think I could ever do well at university.

ReputationRep:
    Really struggling getting this piece of work started.

Just convinced I'm gonna do it all wrong. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Really struggling getting this piece of work started.

Just convinced I'm gonna do it all wrong. :cry:
    can sympathise with that can;t bring myself to do past papers as revision in case I get bad marks even though it's what needs doing.... What work is it?

ReputationRep:
    Good News: I have an appointment with the NHS on Monday which will then help to determine my next course of treatment (hopefully seeing a psychologist!)
    Ive seen and been discharged by two therapists so far and im only slightly better!
    Hoping this will be 3rd time lucky.
    I have OCD for all of you that dont know.

Everything is ruined for at least the next year

ReputationRep:
    Everything is ruined for at least the next year
    what's happened? hope you're ok :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Good News: I have an appointment with the NHS on Monday which will then help to determine my next course of treatment (hopefully seeing a psychologist!)
    Ive seen and been discharged by two therapists so far and im only slightly better!
    Hoping this will be 3rd time lucky.
    I have OCD for all of you that dont know.
    Good luck with everything and let me know how you get on you know I'm always here if you need to talk :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with everything and let me know how you get on you know I'm always here if you need to talk :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyou!!!
    I shall do! Im a bit nervous as its not gonna be just me there. Its like a presentation thing, but we get to speak alone with the therapists afterwards.
    Aw thanks, im always here if you want to talk too! :hugs:
    Im liking the new look btw!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.