Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltasierra27)
    Has anyone submitted any apps yet? and if so, where to?
    Morgan Stanley... Ticked off

ReputationRep:
    i have trouble networking as i find a lot of people i got in touch with are on leave for holidays and can't be bothered for a 20 min chat. thus I'll be delaying applying till early sept. hopefully that's not too much of an issue ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Morgan Stanley... Ticked off
    Sweet - that'll be next on the list, just submitting GS and CS tonight :afraid:

Do you know who else is open besides MS and UBS?

ReputationRep:

JP

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we could request a change of start date for a summer internship in companies like big 4 to end of May/early June?

ReputationRep:
    Is CS sending off numericals right after the application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownlatte08)
    Does anyone know if we could request a change of start date for a summer internship in companies like big 4 to end of May/early June?
    They're fairly rigid on their dates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    JP
    Great! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bored565)
    Tfw you leave the thread for a day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDGyPRr9-AE
    Ur a boring melt bruh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savonarola)
    i have trouble networking as i find a lot of people i got in touch with are on leave for holidays and can't be bothered for a 20 min chat. thus I'll be delaying applying till early sept. hopefully that's not too much of an issue ?
    Apply now or you won't get a job. Enjoy benefits street life

ReputationRep:

MCDs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    I've only seen this post and I'm already bored of you
    Stop trying so hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew_Servicc97)
    Stop trying so hard...
    Wow. Another joker .... Smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will Goldman hire white middle class males without a parent working there this year? Or should I just say I'm an LGBT mixed race female on my application?

ReputationRep:
    Will Goldman hire white middle class males without a parent working there this year? Or should I just say I'm an LGBT mixed race female on my application?
    Seriously considering that. Gay Trans Female Alt.Sexual.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think a cover letter is necessary for Lazard? The motivation questions pretty much cover all aspects

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can apply to two positions with JPM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Anyone think a cover letter is necessary for Lazard? The motivation questions pretty much cover all aspects

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It seems we can't apply for LAZ unless we are penultimate year

ReputationRep:
    With the 300 word goldman cover letter, it seems near impossible to tailor it to 3 divisions so, are people keeping theirs general and applying to all 3 or specific and applying to 1/2 divisions?? sorry but i didn't bother applying to their spring week so first time im doing this lol (applying to securities, global investment research & investment management atm)

ReputationRep:
    With the 300 word goldman cover letter, it seems near impossible to tailor it to 3 divisions so, are people keeping theirs general and applying to all 3 or specific and applying to 1/2 divisions?? sorry but i didn't bother applying to their spring week so first time im doing this lol (applying to securities, global investment research & investment management atm)
    Usually, focusing on one division is better, but if you wanna apply for three divisions, don't tailor it to each, rather focus on why Goldman and why they should select you.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.