Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who thinks AQA doesnt give enough time?

ReputationRep:
    what was question 5 about??? i have literally forgotten anything to do with it but i can remember i found it okay

ReputationRep:
    Really confused as to why I got -42 +9/2ln3.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEWR98)
    I think I might've put 6 instead of a sixth but I can't remember, I'm hoping I put the latter but it didn't affect my value of c fortunately as X was 0

Do you remember if for the Cosθ question if 0<θ<360 or were there equal signs under because for I think I would've lost a mark for putting the Cosθ=1 values which were 0 and 360
    it was 0<x<360, so yes you'd lose a mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiffanyyyyyyy)
    what was question 5 about??? i have literally forgotten anything to do with it but i can remember i found it okay
    Might have been the trig question with sinA and sinB
    honestly i cannot remember though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shah321)
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    Well I'm afraid it's 6, I have attached the working.
    Attachment 551908
    Yes jords

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    because it's part of FP2. The integral of the form 1/a^2+x^2 gives 1/a(tan^-1(x/a)) and the derivation and use of it is taught in FP2. AQA just thought it was funny to include that in C4 paper
    it's in C4 (or C3), too. It's also in the formula booklet. (it's in my C3/C4 book, at least).

ReputationRep:
    Might have been the trig question with sinA and sinB
    honestly i cannot remember though
    oh yea it was lol. thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubiquitousking)
    it's in C4 (or C3), too. It's also in the formula booklet. (it's in my C3/C4 book, at least).
    Yeah I know it's in the formula booklet. I didn't see it in my C4 book though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiffanyyyyyyy)
    It was the cosA = 1/root(5) etc. question.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the gradient question with t and able to work through it?

ReputationRep:
    because it's part of FP2. The integral of the form 1/a^2+x^2 gives 1/a(tan^-1(x/a)) and the derivation and use of it is taught in FP2. AQA just thought it was funny to include that in C4 paper
    wooaow thank god... now i feel slightly better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salty carpet)
    I used the quotient rule 2 times, simplified it etc etc. Took a good 15 minutes and ended up with 0.5e^4
    I don't know how you could differentiate them bloody parametrics without the quotient rule.

ReputationRep:
    Use of the standard integral for inverse tanx is on the Core 3 spec though. Shouldn't be unfamiliar to anyone. There wont be anymore than 1 mark available for just using the standard integral though, required you to derive it which I thought they guided you through fine, just required you to properly understand implicit differentiation and spot the use of the trig identity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph-carys)
    Really confused as to why I got -42 +9/2ln3.....
    I got the same answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shah321)
    I agree, I keep running out of time in maths and FM exams, which is really frustrating because I'm certain I could answer the questions I missed if I had a bit more time to look at and play with them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salty carpet)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robzwolf)
    I agree, I keep running out of time in maths and FM exams, which is really frustrating because I'm certain I could answer the questions I missed if I had a bit more time to look at and play with them...
    exactly... +5 more mins in the core 4 exam would've gotten me +10 marks on a particular question, which would mean a difference of 2 grades...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackBarnfield2)
    I got the same answer
    Well either we are both completely wrong or this is a major reassurance! I shall presume we are correct until proven otherwise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.