Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does the response always take 8 weeks or longer or occasionally sooner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HolyRomanEmpire)
    Anyone here applying for History?
    Applying for gov't and History!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Applying for gov't and History!
    Oh nice! What response have you had from them thus far?

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice! What response have you had from them thus far?
    I seemed To have skipped the first round of assessment, maybe a week or so ago I got the 8 weeks email I think. You?

ReputationRep:
    I seemed To have skipped the first round of assessment, maybe a week or so ago I got the 8 weeks email I think. You?
    I got an "Initial Review" email today, applied about a week ago. Is there a guide or timeline for what emails you can receive and what they mean?

ReputationRep:
    I got an "Initial Review" email today, applied about a week ago. Is there a guide or timeline for what emails you can receive and what they mean?
    I applied on the 7/10 and got an acknowledgment on the 10th then the 'further assessment' email on the 31st. I think they aim to make all decisions within 8-12 weeks but in my acknowledgement it said the first one will be initial review, and then if you pass that you get put through for further assessment which examines your application against other students

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 7/10 and got an acknowledgment on the 10th then the 'further assessment' email on the 31st. I think they aim to make all decisions within 8-12 weeks but in my acknowledgement it said the first one will be initial review, and then if you pass that you get put through for further assessment which examines your application against other students
    Ah ok, thanks for your help! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, thanks for your help! Where else have you applied?
    Oxford (lol) Warwick Edinburgh and St Andrews! You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrcouchman)
    10th october and yeah sat my AS exams, is it something they ask all maths applicants to do?
    They ask all applicants who applied for a subject requiring A* in Maths.

(Original post by sosob)
    Does the response always take 8 weeks or longer or occasionally sooner?
    They usually take longer, however, it depends on the competitiveness of the course. Some people hear within the 8 weeks. Many Economics applicants who applied in October last year got their decisions in March, so the wait might be very long for some.
    If it is going to take longer than 8 weeks, they will email you something about an additional 4 weeks few days after the 8 weeks is finished.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone apply for financial maths with stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECK!!)
    I just got an email telling me th at my application is under initial review, however they didn't ask me for any thing like UMS. Is this normal or will they do it in the next email? Please let me know if u know anything thx xx
    I haven't been asked for UMS either, but I had declared it on my UCAS anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oxford (lol) Warwick Edinburgh and St Andrews! You?
    Cambridge, UCL, Durham and York

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deza28)
    Anyone apply for financial maths with stats?
    Me!! Quite nervous, first time they r doing, dunno how many ppl they will take.

ReputationRep:
    Applied History and IR

ReputationRep:
    Got the 8 week email, gonna be a loooong wait

ReputationRep:
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamBh)
    Me
    Fantastic! Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic! Where else are you applying?
    Oxford, Warwick, Bristol and Birmingham! I saw where you are applying from a previous post, wish you good luck. What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamBh)
    Oxford, Warwick, Bristol and Birmingham! I saw where you are applying from a previous post, wish you good luck. What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
    A* A* A*. Don't think I'll do that well but I hope to get at least one A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deeeeee)
    what were your AS grades?
    AAAA in Accounting, Sociology, Math and Economics.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.