We Have Relocated!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    We'll have to help each other out then!
    No, I realised I'm much too squeamish for medicine...watching Holby City is enough for me lol! I'd like to be a research scientist I think...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure !Haha i used to be like that too lol but then again i want to be a gp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Sure !Haha i used to be like that too lol but then again i want to be a gp.
    Ah I see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does this make sense guys?

Furthermore, Browning and Duffy both use powerful language to conclude ‘My Last Duchess’ and ‘Medusa,’ magnifying the extreme, lasting impact of jealous love– not only upon the voice, but also their lover.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)

Furthermore, Browning and Duffy both use powerful language to conclude ‘My Last Duchess’ and ‘Medusa,’ magnifying the extreme, lasting impact of jealous love– not only upon the voice, but also their lover.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it does, quite powerful actually

ReputationRep:
    What a-levels have you guys chosen ?
    What do you want to become when your older ?
    I've chosen Maths, Further Maths and Physics - very risky choice but I'm really looking forward to it!
    In the end I'm hoping to become a maths teacher, although for some reason I've been leaning a lot towards physics recently so who knows

ReputationRep:
    What a-levels have you guys chosen ?
    What do you want to become when your older ?
    I'm doing Biology Chemistry Maths Physics and considering doing further maths on express course so A level maths will be done in the first year. But it may be too much work.

I'm considering doing medicine but love a physics based career, i.e nuclear physics but I'll make my mind up later and probably do medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    I'm doing Biology Chemistry Maths Physics and considering doing further maths on express course so A level maths will be done in the first year. But it may be too much work.

I'm considering doing medicine but love a physics based career, i.e nuclear physics but I'll make my mind up later and probably do medicine.
    Oh wow I'm doing the same as you too but Economics instead of Physics
    I'm going to do medicine too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    I've chosen Maths, Further Maths and Physics - very risky choice but I'm really looking forward to it!
    In the end I'm hoping to become a maths teacher, although for some reason I've been leaning a lot towards physics recently so who knows
    WOW !! Your really good at Maths so no wonder why you've chosen those subjects
    Oooh that's nice. I would hate to become a teacher, I'll probably hit/smack the kids when i get angry - I'm not that violent but i just can't deal with kids !! They actually annoy me so much. Argh !! lol

ReputationRep:
    WOW !! Your really good at Maths so no wonder why you've chosen those subjects
    Oooh that's nice. I would hate to become a teacher, I'll probably hit/smack the kids when i get angry - I'm not that violent but i just can't deal with kids !! They actually annoy me so much. Argh !! lol
    Aw thank you
    Most people would hate it, I feel the same way about medicine! Hahaha yeah it's probably best that you stay away from schools then! I can't deal with little kids so I'd do high school not primary, although they tend to be the more difficult ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Aw thank you
    Most people would hate it, I feel the same way about medicine! Hahaha yeah it's probably best that you stay away from schools then! I can't deal with little kids so I'd do high school not primary, although they tend to be the more difficult ones
    No worries
    Yes i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mypetpikachu)
    U sound like a detective there...😝😝🤘
    Please read a paragraph for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please read a paragraph for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Moreover, Browning and Duffy both use powerful language to conclude ‘My Last Duchess’ and ‘Medusa,’ magnifying the extreme, lasting impacts and consequences of jealous love – not only upon each voice and their lover, but also the reader. The final outcome of events in ‘My Last Duchess’ serve as being the firmest reminder to the reader of the sheer, everlasting danger of jealous love, through veiled threatening and malevolent suggestions. By the Duke referencing the time in which he ‘gave commands;/Than all smiles stopped together,’ chilling, detached emotions are magnified, with the juxtaposition of the positive image of ‘smiles’ to the connotations of ‘death’ able to reveal his psychotic nature and ruthless manner. This implicit suggested reference to death is ironic, with the Duke seeming to expect the reader to consider his treatment of the Duchess as completely normal, further allowing the Duke to be represented as a monster of jealousy, ego and sadism. In addition, the ‘smiles’ serve as a reference to one of the many things that the Duchess gave others, that provoked the Duke’s treacherous jealousy and paranoia, illustrating his newfound satisfaction at having stopped them; murdering his partner being the only way in which the voice could achieve ultimate control - allowing extreme paranoia and jealousy to subside. Furthermore, this satisfaction is also emphasised through sibilance of ‘smiles stopped,’ creating a complacent and more relaxed tone, but also suggesting pure evil through significance of the snake. Ultimately, the Duchess’s emotional joy in life was unable to merge with the Duke’s twisted character.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Moreover, Browning and Duffy both use powerful language to conclude ‘My Last Duchess’ and ‘Medusa,’ magnifying the extreme, lasting impacts and consequences of jealous love – not only upon each voice and their lover, but also the reader. The final outcome of events in ‘My Last Duchess’ serve as being the firmest reminder to the reader of the sheer, everlasting danger of jealous love, through veiled threatening and malevolent suggestions. By the Duke referencing the time in which he ‘gave commands;/Than all smiles stopped together,’ chilling, detached emotions are magnified, with the juxtaposition of the positive image of ‘smiles’ to the connotations of ‘death’ able to reveal his psychotic nature and ruthless manner. This implicit suggested reference to death is ironic, with the Duke seeming to expect the reader to consider his treatment of the Duchess as completely normal, further allowing the Duke to be represented as a monster of jealousy, ego and sadism. In addition, the ‘smiles’ serve as a reference to one of the many things that the Duchess gave others, that provoked the Duke’s treacherous jealousy and paranoia, illustrating his newfound satisfaction at having stopped them; murdering his partner being the only way in which the voice could achieve ultimate control - allowing extreme paranoia and jealousy to subside. Furthermore, this satisfaction is also emphasised through sibilance of ‘smiles stopped,’ creating a complacent and more relaxed tone, but also suggesting pure evil through significance of the snake. Ultimately, the Duchess’s emotional joy in life was unable to merge with the Duke’s twisted character.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've commented on it on the other thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've commented on it on the other thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank-you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did my last duchess for ma GCSEs as well...I love that poem cuz of its story...lol...

ReputationRep:
    Where did everybody go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where did everybody go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol idk
    Do you think it's ok to wear a black cardigan instead of a black blazer for sixth form induction ?

ReputationRep:
    Lol idk
    Do you think it's ok to wear a black cardigan instead of a black blazer for sixth form induction ?
    Well if you don't have one then that would be the best thing for now...does it tell you specifically to wear one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.