Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Has anyone got an offer from UCL yet?
    Do UCL interview you or give u an offer straightaway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend got an offer today, I don't think they interview for Chem Eng. His offer was AAA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin1212)
    I'm assuming this was meant to be quoted to me? If not, sorry!

My UCAS went through on 6/11/16. I got an acknowledgement on 8/11/16 and I got an interview invitation on 10/11/16.

Thanks for the advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow what were your predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debs20153)
    Wow what were your predicted grades
    A*A*A

What about you? Are you applying for Loughborough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by neosynth)
    Thanks for picking up on my hyperbole. Seeing as you're the expert in IB maybe you could offer some more info for anybody in this thread interested in pursuing a career in it.
    If anyone has any specific Qs, I'll answer them. But rn, I'm quite busy.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope I get Newcastle tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin1212)
    A*A*A

What about you? Are you applying for Loughborough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but my predicted grades are ABB so its my aspirational uni so im guessing i won't get as quickly as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debs20153)
    Yeah but my predicted grades are ABB so its my aspirational uni so im guessing i won't get as quickly as you
    Ahh okay, well good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wagwan fellow tsrians, im a newbie. Anyway, just wanfering if anyone has got any offers yet? I applied on the 15th of oct and ive only had one reply from manchester, got a openday/interview this wednesday.anyone got offers frm ucl, imperial, cambridge or bath?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanman123)
    Wagwan fellow tsrians, im a newbie. Anyway, just wanfering if anyone has got any offers yet? I applied on the 15th of oct and ive only had one reply from manchester, got a openday/interview this wednesday.anyone got offers frm ucl, imperial, cambridge or bath?
    Hey man, I have offers from Nottingham and Edinburgh and a Manchester interview/offer confirmation day this Wednesday as well. Haven't heard from UCL or Imperial yet (sent off my application on the 29th October) but I know some people who have offers from both Imperial and UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timster32)
    Hey man, I have offers from Nottingham and Edinburgh and a Manchester interview/offer confirmation day this Wednesday as well. Haven't heard from UCL or Imperial yet (sent off my application on the 29th October) but I know some people who have offers from both Imperial and UCL.
    a few of my friends have got offers too, but they applied for different courses at the same unis. one of my friends has got an interview at imperial for civil eng. just worried bout me application cos my statement was kinda rushed cos my dad was hellbent on me applying to cambridge even though i dont wanna go.

ReputationRep:
    a few of my friends have got offers too, but they applied for different courses at the same unis. one of my friends has got an interview at imperial for civil eng. just worried bout me application cos my statement was kinda rushed cos my dad was hellbent on me applying to cambridge even though i dont wanna go.
    Yeah I know some people who have offers for Chem Eng from Imperial/UCL. If you don't want to Cambridge then don't go, if you get an offer- reject them, if you don't then you won't have to go there!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, it would feel pretty good turning Cambridge down. But just annoys me because I sabotaged all my other choices just to apply to a uni I don't want to go to. Is the Manchester open day a proper interview, I've heard its a joke. Apparently your pretty much guaranteed a place if you're invited to an open day.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, it would feel pretty good turning Cambridge down. But just annoys me because I sabotaged all my other choices just to apply to a uni I don't want to go to. Is the Manchester open day a proper interview, I've heard its a joke. Apparently your pretty much guaranteed a place if you're invited to an open day.
    Well, still take it seriously because only 90% of people who get an interview/offer confirmation day actually get an offer (to fill bums on seats) so it would be embarrassing to be part of that 10%!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timster32)
    Well, still take it seriously because only 90% of people who get an interview/offer confirmation day actually get an offer (to fill bums on seats) so it would be embarrassing to be part of that 10%!!
    Yeah, its my first interview so ill treat it like a proper one in prep for any other interviews i might get, what questions do they ask. Still havent read the book i mentioned in my ps.hehehe

ReputationRep:
    cambridge would give out interview details start from next week if i remember, and imperial is already interviewing some of the oxbridge candidates......

ReputationRep:
    quite some joke as they thought i don't live in the uk and give me a straight offer without interview ...... , on the other hand, you will be pleased to know that cambridge interviews are far from a joke lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its my first interview so ill treat it like a proper one in prep for any other interviews i might get, what questions do they ask. Still havent read the book i mentioned in my ps.hehehe
    what's the book you have written at ps. i have listed a book about eigenvectors, laplace transforms , and one with third law of TM last year lol. didn't understand it at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know for sure yet as my interview isn't until this Wednesday but apparently they ask generic questions like why chem eng etc and then a few academic questions possibly. It seems like it's more of a friendly chat than a formal interview! Probably read the book as well!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Has anyone got an offer from UCL yet?
    Do UCL interview you or give u an offer straightaway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup
    No interview required, I got the AAA offer straight away
    (Tbh I was surprised too, thought they need one)

Yep
    Received offers from both Imperial (A*A*AA) and UCL (AAA)
    My UCAS was sent off on 7/10
    UCL's offer came on 3/11
    Imperial's offer came on 8/11 (following an interview on 26/10)
    As for Cambridge, they will send out interview invitations shortly (after 14/11 according to the ask an admission tutor thread?) so let's wait for a while longer.
    Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes lads, i've sent off applications to Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Leeds & UCL for chemical engineering (MENG), anyone else applied to these uni's, and how long do they take to reply???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2017
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.