The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Man City to contest Aguero charge according to Sky.

ReputationRep:
    I've **** the bed and potentially taken Aguero out too early. Still think he'll get the ban but there's doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why you would take him out now tbh. Not like he's in danger of price drop, I think.

He did went up by 0.1 since the season started, so he's safe from price drop for 0.2 for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Not sure why you would take him out now tbh. Not like he's in danger of price drop, I think.

He did went up by 0.1 since the season started, so he's safe from price drop for 0.2 for me.
    Gary Linekar tweeted about him getting a three game ban and then my mate text me he'd been charged so I assumed it was safe and at the time I was bored and had a fiddle around

ReputationRep:
    That would be incredible if he didn't get banned. Would deserve everyone right tbh.

He will be, surely? There's no case for Aguero!

Gray now has til Monday to appear. He has such a nice game so wouldn't mind him being available.*

ReputationRep:
    Still don't understand how you could possibly ban Gray for tweets made 4 years ago :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Still don't understand how you could possibly ban Gray for tweets made 4 years ago :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because they're disgusting

What if someone committed murder and their crime was only discovered 4 years later, should the person be acquitted because it was 4 years ago?

What sort of message does it send out about the FAs stance on racism or homophobia? They had to punish him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

What if someone committed murder and their crime was only discovered 4 years later, should the person be acquitted because it was 4 years ago?

What sort of message does it send out about the FAs stance on racism or homophobia? They had to punish him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Homophobia and murder not comparable

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there's a big difference between using homophobic language and killing someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Yeah there's a big difference between using homophobic language and killing someone.
    (Original post by xKay)
    Homophobia and murder not comparable
    theres a big difference between me ****ing your girlfriend and me kissing her..*

Doesnt mean you wont be pissed at either.

Ofcourse your reaction would be proportionate.. Maybe a punch for a kiss, maybe worse after I **** her..

Same with the FA, a suspension/fine for some bad remarks... *a life-time ban and life in prison for murdering someone..*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This.

Let's not be homophobia apologists here. What he said was disgusting. Actions speak louder than words too - curious if he has done anything for the lgbt community rather than send a statement that has clearly been drafted for him.

He deserves some punishment for this anyway. Homophobia has a bad enough name in football as it is. No tolerance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If he wasn't playing professional football at the time, I don't think it should be punished. Looks like he was at Luton who were in the conference at the time. I think the comments should therefore be a police matter. But equally, I wouldn't have a problem with the FA punishing it to set an example, but it sets a precedent that could potentially get out of hand. What if a player in his 30s wrote something on MySpace when he was playing Sunday league football?

Aguero news any minute!

ReputationRep:
    Aguero misses two games 😓

ReputationRep:
    He's banned for 2 PL games, Aguero. Not sure whether to bench him or just get someone in for 2 matches.

Guess I should since I played my Wildcard, one of the reasons for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    He's banned for 2 PL games, Aguero. Not sure whether to bench him or just get someone in for 2 matches.
    Sell and wildcard back? Loss in value is quite important this early on. I wouldn't bench tbh as that's a lot of potential points you'd be playing a bench player ahead of a big striker.

ReputationRep:
    Hazard or Ibra for captain?
    Near enough everyone in my league has Ibra as captain so might play it safe but feel Chelsea have more chance of goals against Swansea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Monk)
    Hazard or Ibra for captain?
    Near enough everyone in my league has Ibra as captain so might play it safe but feel Chelsea have more chance of goals against Swansea
    Ask again in a week.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to see Gray punished for his tweets. It's about time the FA took homophobia as seriously as racism and this is a good first step. It does seem strange punishing him for tweets made four year ago but if you work in a public facing role you should be prepared for any twatish past to catch up with you at some point just as David Cameron learned with his pig friend.

I say that as a guy who has Gray in their team too. But as a gay man I can't wait to get rid and there's no better excuse than him getting a ban. If he gets banned I'll have both him and Aguero not playing with one transfer already made and three defenders and a keeper showing yellow so I may be forced to wildcard on Monday. Though I doubt the validty of any yellows during an international break.

ReputationRep:
    Luke Shaw withdraws from England duty as a precaution.

ReputationRep:
    The yellow flags annoy me - I think they should scrap them. So many sales of Stones because of it, yet he was named yesterday in the XI to play for England tomorrow ffs.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.