Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Results:
    Philosophy and ethics: predicted C Grade: D
    Applied Science: predicted: D Grade: E
    History (dropped) : predicted: U. Grade E
    English Lit is linear

Comment: disappointed is an understatement, I know how much I need to work from September

Aspirations: criminology at either Greenwich or Manchester - hope to become a detective/criminologist/forensic scientist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Results
    • Biology : Predicted A/ Achieved A
    • Chemistry : Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Maths:Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Spanish: Predicted A/ Achieved A
    • Italian: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions : I was literally shocked. Never expected 5A's, it was like a dream come true. I thought I completely failed AQA Chemistry as the first paper was impossible. Maths got 98/100 in C1, 95/100 in C2 and 81/100 in S1 (might resit the module)

Future ambitions: Hopefully medicine, I'm thinking of applying to UCL, King's , Queen Mary and Imperial.

Congratulations to everyone!
    Well done!!! Same, I found the first chem paper impossible too (was convinced I failed it) so I was so surprised when I got an A. But then again it's probably the Low grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17lina)
    Should I??? I do find a trend of the mat getting harder every year but I do find the interview more intimidating😨 Are you preparing for Oxford Maths as well??
    To be honest, I was shocked at my GCSE results. They're phenomenal, but no way near Oxford lol. I'm never applying to Oxford but I think it's kinda common sense man!!!! MAT is like STEP - it's the hardest papers made for genius'. So, the interview is practically just questions about your personal statement and maybe testing a bit of your maths - those papers mean everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    Has anyone else seen their school get really awful results across the board or is that just mine?

Wondering if the exam boards have decreased the % of A's they're giving out but it doesn't look like that's the case on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There were a few subjects in my school in which no one got an A and in English, for example, only 1 person out of around 70 got an A, considering there are a lot of people who were predicted As, myself included (English is my strongest subject)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    Well done!!! Same, I found the first chem paper impossible too (was convinced I failed it) so I was so surprised when I got an A. But then again it's probably the Low grade boundaries!
    Congratulations! What A levels do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    To be honest, I was shocked at my GCSE results. They're phenomenal, but no way near Oxford lol. I'm never applying to Oxford but I think it's kinda common sense man!!!! MAT is like STEP - it's the hardest papers made for genius'. So, the interview is practically just questions about your personal statement and maybe testing a bit of your maths - those papers mean everything.
    MAT is nothing like STEP lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Gcses? Do you mean last year's?? If its phenomenal I think you should give it a shot as well! I got 593/600 for the six modules for maths and further maths for AS this year, and I got a 65 for the MAT practice paper Ive done at school so though Im not confident I thoght it was worth a shot and I think you should consider it as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRandomGenius)
    MAT is nothing like STEP lol
    No, I mean they are both papers to test mathematical abilities but from two different universities...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17lina)
    Gcses? Do you mean last year's?? If its phenomenal I think you should give it a shot as well! I got 593/600 for the six modules for maths and further maths for AS this year, and I got a 65 for the MAT practice paper Ive done at school so though Im not confident I thoght it was worth a shot and I think you should consider it as well!
    No, I just got my GCSE results today XD. I will be doing AS and Further Maths AS but I don't think I'll get 593/600 - no way... jheeze you're clever! I don't think I'm on that level to go to Oxford or Cambridge - I'll try

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Subject: Philosophy and Ethics Predicted C / Achieved A
    • Subject: Film Studies Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Subject: English Language Predicted B / Achieved B
    Comments and reactions
    Pretty unexpected as I only crammed the evening before and thought I was failed Philosophy and English Future ambitions I now want to do Vet Med which is quite a sudden change of plans, so I'm redoing AS with three sciences, and now my AAB counts for **** all 👌🏼

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Congratulations! What A levels do you do?
    Biology, chemistry, Maths and economics!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie-dance)
    There were a few subjects in my school in which no one got an A and in English, for example, only 1 person out of around 70 got an A, considering there are a lot of people who were predicted As, myself included (English is my strongest subject)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This sounds just like my school! Do you think there's a possibility they're giving a lower % of As out because I'm just a bit confused tbh

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Psychology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
    Very, very pleased. Hopefully on track for next years A2 exams!

Future ambitions
    Vet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marthaji)
    Results
    • Subject: Philosophy and Ethics Predicted C / Achieved A
    • Subject: Film Studies Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Subject: English Language Predicted B / Achieved B
    Comments and reactions
    Pretty unexpected as I only crammed the evening before and thought I was failed Philosophy and English Future ambitions I now want to do Vet Med which is quite a sudden change of plans, so I'm redoing AS with three sciences, and now my AAB counts for **** all 👌🏼
    Just be careful about redoing a whole year as some unis don't like it, getting all the work experience is hard work but soooo amazing - so have fun!!. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Got 5As, so relieveddddd
    Chem, Bio, Physics, Maths and Sociology (self taught)

ReputationRep:
    Maths - Predicted: A - Achieved: A
    History - Predicted: A - Achieved: A
    Physics - Predicted: A - Achieved: A
    Further Maths - Predicted: A - Achieved: A

Comments: I did not expect these results at all. I have always been prone to mistakes during exams.

Ambitions: I would love to study PPE at Oxford and go on into a career in politics.

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Psychology Predicted B / Achieved A
    English Literature Predicted B / Achieved A
    Sociology Predicted B / Achieved B
    Physical Education Predicted B / Achieved B

Comments and reactions
    Very happy but surprised, dropped English Lit thinking I'd failed the exam then ended up getting an A :indiff:

Future ambitions
    Social Psychology at Loughborough University

ReputationRep:
    Results
    D&T: Predicted A / Achieved A
    ~unit 1 exam: 94/100 ums
    ~unit 2 coursework 97/100

Comments and Reactions
    Considering I thought I bombed the exam, I was so happy to get what I wanted

Future Ambitions
    Industrial Design at Loughborough university

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    These are mine. Physics I do also but I only had a mock for that as the new specification is linear, I got an A in that mock too :P

I also do BTEC IT on the side which I'm cashing out in September

I was pretty happy with my results this year
    Woah lol, 299 UMS. Well done, FP1 was hardest this year apparently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great to read the post @abstract_prism , I want to go into investment banking and i'd think it would be great to be in touch!

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.